Unpopular opinion time

Aurora Glimmer

Wow! Glimmer
@soundtea  
Call me when Twilight Sparkle starts up a cult and brainwashes a whole bunch of ponies after stealing their Cutie Marks. Oh, and after she starts imprisoning ponies for daring to disagree with her harebrained ideology. For the sake of argument, I’m witholding my usual comparisons of Starlight Glimmer to real-life dictators and claiming she’s some sort of mass murderer, as well as my usual accusations of her wanting to take over Equestria.
soundtea
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <soundtea> fappin to cartoon horses
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ocellus is best buggo
@Crystal Neighybánya  
Like I said, Twilight may be on the side of good, but she has shown pre-princesshood to know mind altering spells (Want it Need it), and be completely willing to brainwash villains to serve good. For all we know, Starlight is pretty much Twilight born on the wrong side of the tracks.
Aurora Glimmer

Wow! Glimmer
@DanielTepesKraus  
And that’s why redeeming her - instaredemption or no - would be such a waste. She’s an excellent villain.

@soundtea  
Brainwashing villains is a little different than brainwashing innocent ponies, just like how killing another soldier in combat is different than a soldier opening fire on a bunch of civilians. It’s all about context and the other person’s ability to retaliate.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@soundtea  
Which is why I hope they forget to have Twilight copy and cast the spell on her.

You can say Karma all you want, but I do not want that kind of power in Twilight’s hooves.
Aurora Glimmer

Wow! Glimmer
@PonyPon  
I think the best solution would be to erase the spell so nopony could ever use it again. It’s simply too dangerous and has no real positive, practical purposes. It’s like Sarin gas: it’s only got one possible use and that is to inflict suffering.
Aurora Glimmer

Wow! Glimmer
On a (somewhat) related note, I’d like to apologize for being batshit. I dunno’ why, but discussing Glimmer just brings out the worst in me.
soundtea
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Ocellus is best buggo
@Crystal Neighybánya  
That’s still some really sketchy shit there. If she went through with it, it would still be screwing with Discord’s mind to make him be a goody twoshoes. Giving Twilight the freedom to forcibly rewrite bad minds to make them good willy nilly is making her just as bad as Starlight.
soundtea

Ocellus is best buggo
@MrXemnas1992  
Yeah, not exactly one of Twilight’s shining moments.

Kinda reminds me of what Superman did to villains in the Justice Lords universe. Heat vision lobotomy and sentence them to work in an Arkham Asylum that’s all pretty with gardens and blue skies.
Background Pony #448F
@soundtea  
This is all operating under the assumption that the reformation spell would have brainwashed him in the first place. We have no idea what it would have done, so that’s a big assumption to make.
Trickquestion

@soundtea  
I still think Twilight’s lowest moment was Crystal Empire, where she willingly and unrepentantly sees passing her test as more important than people’s lives. She only hands it off to Spike after she’s sure she’s failed anyway and afterwards, despite this stunning victory over a ruthless evil, she’s still throwing herself a pity party because she thinks she made the wrong decision.

Twilight put her own advancement and satisfaction over the well being of an entire city. Why is she our protagonist!?
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@Background Pony #7119  
It’s a bigger assumption to assume it wouldn’t. It punishing him in some way is out because they already have that in the form of resealing him in stone. There’s basically 3 plausible ways a “reforming” spell could work:

1. Limits his power in a way that he can only use it for things they want him to use it on. For example, he can’t use magic unless it’s with their approval or something.

2. Restricts him in some way if he disobeys. Ever watch Inuyasha with that bead necklace thing he has? Like that, basically.

3. Alters his mind in some way to make him subservient.

And the nature of it being called a “reform” spell heavily implies it works by altering his mind.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide