Unpopular opinion time

Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
If you ask me, we had enough “good guy corrupted by magical forces of negative influence” in G4 as is.
Especially since Twilight already has 10 different foils and rivals that are “Twilight, but [negative attribute]”.
Related note, I think the “Twilight turns evil and grumpy in G5 time” idea is really cliche and dumb.
Posted Report
Latecomer

I just rewatched Rainbow Roadtrip… well, skimmed it… and, well, there’s really not much wrong with it except a lack of things right with it? And even that’s probably subjective…
(It kind of feels like a pony RPG adventure written for a party who prefer freeform RP.)
Posted Report
Twi Clown
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@Dragonpone
Not to mention it’ll be based on the concept of everything going to waste. Which is not something people really feel like wanting. Nowadays everything is so “meta” and “dire” it feels more like they just had to lower other people and characters down rather than making something actually up to the task.
@Latecomer
I admit I’d take Rainbow Roadtrip’s low but solid stakes and fun factor over the dramatic yet often rather lackluster high scales villain plot we had around later on.
Posted Report
Megalobronia
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Nintendo Nerd
I admit I’d take Rainbow Roadtrip’s low but solid stakes and fun factor over the dramatic yet often rather lackluster high scales villain plot we had around later on.
Not everything has to be high stakes to be enjoyable.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Megalobronia
I completely agree. However, I’ve never cared for Rainbow Roadtrip or understood why some heap praise on it. The plot just rehashes elements from The Crystal Empire and The Cutie Map to create a needlessly drawn out and bloated story with paper-thin characters and a bland new part of the world that offers nothing new to the series. My favorite part of the special is how it opens up with a scene with Spike. And then…Spike never appears again for the rest of the special. Problems with the writing definitely get glossed over because of the love for the animation. I really don’t get how anyone can act like it was trying to tell a great, aspiring story when the entire reason it was made was to promote new wings for a Twilight Sparkle toy while saving Hasbro money by not letting scrapped material from the theatrical G4 movie go to waste. I get enjoying the special, obviously…but it’s not intended to be anything exceptional.
Dragonpone
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Badge Dragon
@TheQuietMan
I don’t know if Disney in particular is what comes to mind, but there has been quite a lot of “Former protagonist becomes bitter/disillusioned/pathetic in age” among legacy sequels.
That’s not what I want for Twilight.
Jonny Manz
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am who I am
@CloudMistDragon
One interesting thing to note is that it’s among the first things Boulder Media worked on for MLP (I can’t remember whether it was the first thing, or if the EqG Summertime Shorts came first)
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Mildgyth
Ignorance is bliss. Because some think it was because of that that problems happened and who has to do it? Her faithful student. Also everyone has different degrees of resistance to jadedness. Don’t like to call a person out but if you’re reading this, I am sorry that you can no longer see even the small positive side of this fandom and I don’t blame you. But back on topic, how do we really know that Twilight’s descent into jadedness has never or ever happened? Have you tried asking her?
Twi Clown
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@Dragonpone
I’m really tired of that.
Plus people always treat run-on-the-mill cynicism as “not naive anymore”. That’s a rather tunnel-vision way to admit someone is unwilling to see the full picture, would rather use cynicism as something to marry as opposed to a tool that would merely keep yourself on your toes.
Is actually prone to be childishly naive in a way when it doesn’t help to look out for practical, actually functional solutions, and cynicism is seen less like a tool and more like the new god for some people.
@Mildgyth
Wisdom doesn’t require overwhelming dourness. She has said she accepted how painful many things have been, so she’s not blind, she just tries to still do the best from time to time.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@Latecomer
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that’s the general consensus of the special, it’s good but nothing truly exceptional besides the close emulation of the movie’s style.
@Twi Clown
Honestly me too. I get that as we get older we become wiser and better understanding of the world and its many many faults, but it shouldn’t be the be all end all for any optimism. It really doesn’t lead to an enjoyable story if everything about it is disillusionment without any sort of reality, basis or even comedy to fall back on.
river mines

people have this problem that sad and dark stories are automatically realistic
As a fan of heroes, the greatest example of all is the idea of evil Superman, especially the boys.
A lot of people say that Homelander is the real Superman and Clark Kent is not realistic.
but I consider the opposite the reasons are beyond what has to do with a my little pony topic but it really boils down to one question: what is more realistic?
a guy being a genetic experiment from an evil company, raised from a young age in a laboratory to become a psychopath.
or a guy who was adopted by nice parents and trying to help people through volunteer work?
Dragonpone
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Badge Dragon
@river mines
Were this not a pony thread I could go for paragraphs about how people who don’t read Superman misrepresent him, or how flat a lot of the “Superman, but Evil” deconstructions can become.
In any case, I don’t find a cynical character inherently more interesting or more realistic than an optimistic one. I do tend to like my escapist fiction to have a little optimism in it, especially the ones with the technicolor talking horses.
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@Mr.Myoozik
Not to mention, if there’s nothing to look up to…what exactly can we strive for? Ultimately if everything is gonna be that cyclic in the worst possible way then might as well never bother.
@Latecomer
@Lord WyrmSpawN
She wasn’t cynical for the sake of cynicism though. Even back then the idea is that she wants actual solutions and mindful ideas over “saccharine pastiche”. When friendship and compassion proved to be worth it alongside the emotional enrichment it brings, her behavior moved on accordingly to what works, not according what is “sugar and candy” or “skulls and nihilism”.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@river mines
When most of the time it isn’t but that’s a topic unrelated to this thread
@Twi Clown
It would thinking about it go against the ideals and principles of what the show stands for, which is friendship being magic
DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
@Icicle Niceicle 1517
I agree with you on the latter term; I always thought “everycreature” sounded stupid even when Season 8 was first announced(It also didn’t help when I later found out that some of the season’s staff were on the…let’s say, “politically aggressive” side of life.).
Not to mention it also seems a bit redundant since previous seasons used the phrase “everybody”.
In fact, I can’t think of a single episode from Seasons 8 or 9 where the suffix “-body” was used. Can you?
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Icicle Niceicle 1517
Sure makes me appreciate I never had to deal with “everydwarf” or “anyelf.”
Also makes me wonder if “everypony” was deliberately created way back then to smooth out the unification process between the racist three tribes.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Creations249 Etsy Shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide