Unpopular opinion time

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Except the difference is that this is My Little Pony, a franchise that’s always been squeaky clean in terms of its content and even with FIM, which is the one that pushed the envelope for the franchise, didn’t go too far with it. Taking something like that and adding physical abuse would just be jarring, it would be like if someone rebooted The Smurfs and they made it where Gargamel was a drug addict all this time revealing why he’s the way he is. So really, it’s expecting way too much.
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@Andyxdr
City and Kingdom are fine.
I take the issue in regards that no one in production seemed to understand what an empire is and just used it for cool factor or something since is just a single city located around the snowy mountains with no smaller kingdoms associated…technically speaking Equestria would look like the actual empire since Cadence and Shining work as some monarchs with delegated power from the Canterlot capital.
Then again is the same logic that makes Equestria and the Mushroom Kingdom being ruled by princesses rather than kings or queens.
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@Mr.Myoozik
Nope, but since they wouldn’t care if it is right or wrong either way anyway, I’d appreciate attention to detail would be nice.
I still hold up Equestria has the potential of becoming an Empire but no one actually dwells into the idea.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
The crystal empire should really not have its name.
It’s a glorified city state ruled by a prince and a princess.
There’s nothing “empire” about it. Other than maybe they occupy much of the mostly empty northern region of the world.
Why was it that every nation shown, save for Equestria itself, just a town or city state?
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Narrative economy.
Is mostly the denomination what irks me though, I have no problem with a “main-city” system or something, city-state systems are pretty much how mayans and greeks worked out IRL, but calling it an empire despite being a single half-isolated city always confused me.
Plus after the 2017, I really don’t think most nations are really capable of handle more than just a small couple of citizens at most…once again Equestria itself being the exception.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Twi Clown
Equestria doesn’t even feel like a country. There doesn’t appear to be much authority bureaucratic structure whatsoever. If there is, it’s never fleshed out in the show. Most of the towns in Equestria seem to be treated like a foreign country.
Equestria doesn’t even have a regular standing army or defense force. They wonder why threat often simply just waltz in to the fucking capital of the country every single time, at least TWICE in the show. First the Changelings under Chrysalis. And the other, the Storm King and his army.
The Royal Guards are merely a regiment designated to defending the Royalty and the Royal capital. The Wonderbolts might be a capable air force.
They don’t have a freaking Navy.
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
I’m fine with the Crystal Empire being, well, an empire. Is it just for the cool factor? Yeah. And frankly that’s fine.
Also, if everything that happens in the Empire is reflected across Equestria…then isn’t Equestria at the Empire’s mercy in a way? If things go bad there, all of that nastiness will permeate throughout the land.
Also, remember when they called Canterlot a ‘kingdom’?
And when Sombra told the Cakes to make the writing on his cake ‘Supreme Emperor King Sombra?’ Not just ‘Supreme Emperor Sombra’ or even ‘Emperor Sombra’.
FiM is weird with some of its titles.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

The Royal Guards couldn’t even deal with the smallest threats.
Pathetic.
Equestria is ripe for full scale invasion.
They were lucky that every villain in the series were either working alone, weren’t smart, nor coordinated. Most of the “invasions” were more like uncoordinated small scale incursions concentrated in specific areas with rag tag minions rather than any form of a large scale Equestria wide organized multi fronted attacks.
Most of the threats Equestria faced through the duration of the show were concentrated to small areas where all the Mane 6 and other supporting characters could easily concentrate their efforts on against said threats. The Mane 6 are the strongest when they’re together in one place.
But it makes you wonder… what if Equesria faced decently organized threats on multiple fronts that forces each of the Mane 6 and others to “split up” to confront the threats manifesting in parts of Equestria at once?
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
I think the Royal Guards are effective at keeping the peace on the streets, and keeping potentially dangerous fans from the Princesses. They’re just not that good at repelling threats from the outside. And I mean, if something nerfs Celestia and Luna, then how the hell are some guys with spears supposed to do anything? Numbers would be key, sure, but it’s either a threat too insurmountable to face (Discord, and Tirek with Discord’s assist), another army with an advantage (changelings and their shapeshifting, Sombra with a bunch of innocent civilians under his control), or they’re just (somehow) not around (the Movie). They do make an effort to go arrest Cozy, but once her schemes go awry, she’s by far the least threatening.
Also, in the Season 9 premiere, the guards seem to give up way too quickly when Sombra destroys their horn. Like, they just hide behind the parapets afterwards, and we see them again ONLY after Sombra already mind-zapped them. I get not knowing how to effectively fight civilians - the Mane 6 had some hangups about that as well - but they at least tried to restrain Sombra’s thralls. Maybe the Guard needs nets on top of spears. Also, this is after FLash Magnus was supposed to improve their training..and it’s their worst showing. Kinda funny.
I wonder if the Guard’s losses would be easier to stomach if there were only a few of them? Like just a few elite Princess protectors, where they get a few speaking lines here and there, so we get to know them. So when they fall, it raises the stakes and is far easier to write them helping out before it happens.
Crystal Guards are pretty good. They actually did their job and searched the kingdom for the changeling. Thorax does sneak into the throne room by end of the episode, but I don’t think he looked like his true self when walking there, definitely shapeshifted into something else. They also listen to Spike (even if they think he’s joking about a nice changeling), and they charge at Sombra with spears. Like they actually use them, instead of just pointing them. The only reason they lost to Sombra was because of just how powerful he is.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Also, if everything that happens in the Empire is reflected across Equestria…then isn’t Equestria at the Empire’s mercy in a way? If things go bad there, all of that nastiness will permeate throughout the land.
A lot of the stuff in Equestria felt more like a liability than an asset. Like, the movement of the sun stops if anything happens to Celestia.
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
This is one of the reasons I really like G5. Twilight created a magic artifact that actively protects Equestria. Not even Discord can destroy it on his own, and it took the villain the entirety of MYM to figure out how to breach its defenses.
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
@DerpyFast
I mean, it could be pulled off….they’d just have to go back to the ‘dozens of unicorns losing their magic forever after moving the Sun’. That is if Celestia doesn’t infuse her powers into an item, like she did with the amulet for Twilight.
Also, it’s my personal headcanon that after thousands of years of magical manipulation there is actually, like, a lot of stored magic in the Sun and Moon. It’s how I explain the sunset in s8 despite Celestia having zero (unicorn) magic by then. So both would move on a schedule for a while…until the magic inside them runs out.
MrLBoy1996

L Boy
Okay, I have one in mind that I should let out.
As much as I like the idea of EqG wrapping up, after how shows like Gravity Falls, and recently last year, the Ghost and Molly Mcgee and how they ended, nah I’m good. Specially considering everything the Rainbooms went through. Those kinds of endings kinda got stale to me.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide