Unpopular opinion time

ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
Speaking of the Golden Oaks Library. I don’t believe they’ve ever explained the origin behind that building. It looked like it was previously occupied and tended by another. It was clearly issued to Twilight by Celestial. It’s a tree, and not a building like anything we see in the rest of Ponyville. Aside from that, we didn’t get much background info about the library. It looked like it had been there for a long time.
Was it an old place of research by somepony important?
Fluttershy’s house is also a tree. But she loves on the edge of the Everfree.
Zecora loves in the Everfree
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
I’m sure ponies just don’t get jealous of others having better living condition considering most ponies seem to live in good enough condition, except for maybe Trixie but she’s literally emotionally attached to her wagon.
Fluttershy doesn’t live in a tree. Her cottage seems to be made of clay with leaves as a roof.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I never liked Fix anyways, it just made the characters way too different from their personalities to justify its premise and I couldn’t sit through that
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
Fiction blurs the line between well, fiction and fact. Some people value justice over compassion. Others vice versa. But in any case, to each their own.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Mr.Myoozik
Yeah, aside from how… badly it had Twilight handle things per the core premise, among other things, there’s an inherent absurdity in deciding you needed to strongarm sympathy for Chrysalis by shifting the burden on being a complete prick on the OCs who were even more one-sidedly evil for becoming that way, place blame on ponies, especially in such a manner it made the earlier meta “can’t do abuse justice and it’s too dark so I won’t” description spiel… questionable.
It’s unfortunate, but hopefully they got what they wanted out of it.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@AC97
The “can’t do abuse justice” thing only gets funnier in hindsight, because G5, which is rated TV-Y, made surviving abuse a central part of Misty Brightdawn’s character. And it’s way more disturbing than anything in “Fix”.
Background Pony #05CC
@WaynePonePone
I agree but based on the discussion, the abuse that Opaline did to Misty most of the time is not something super deep, overall it is a simple notion: Opaline is the “evil stepmom” and Misty is Cinderella, there are not many nuances in the relationship of them, as it would obviously require more than the classification allows.
making it clear that I’m not depreciating the way G5 developed this, for me they developed it very well based on the proposal.
Background Pony #05CC
@WaynePonePone
on Misty’s part they definitely do, for example “opaline will give me a cutie mark” is clearly a euphemism for “opaline will give me approval and love” something that both metaphorically and literally is something she would never do, it was only when she finally went to the ponies that would give her that she got a cutie mark.
But on Opaline’s part, she has the same depth as a violent drunk dad retrat, even though Misty is the only pony she has interacted with in years, Opaline has absolutely no attachment to her, so who cares if she betrayed her or not, even if it was in a distorted or projected way, as abusers normally see victims.
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Resident Spin Fetishist
I remember a running joke that Celestia kicked out whoever was originally living there so Twilight could have it. In any case, it seems like it was pretty much a waste of space. Not once is anyone ever seen going there to check out a book or anything. And once it was gone, no one bothered to establish a new library.
Background Pony #05CC
As I said before, G5 painted a good portrait of abuse, it just wasn’t something super deep that explores everything about an abusive relationship and doesn’t have the obligation it’s not Bojack Horseman.
Basically, G5 chose to be this graphic, something simple to understand that conveys the message, especially to the target audience, and sometimes that’s what we need.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@TheQuietMan
They pretty much had to since MLP is still a show made for kids and if they did show actual physical abuse, it would’ve been a recipe for disaster. I don’t think even FIM would’ve been brave enough to include signs of physical abuse and also, mental and psychological abuse can be just as bad or even worse than physical so it was the best that they had to do without it rubbing the executives the wrong way. I liked its portrayal anyway, I thought it was well written and made me sympathize for Misty and all the more cathartic once she became free of her and found some actual friends to be around.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

@Mr.Myoozik
YOu could have told us 2000s, 90s, and prior kids that when we were growing up… I’ve seen those types of themes in more heavier depictions in kids shows.
Society really has become pussies when it comes to the contents produced these days. Yet society, in particular the kiddie demographic, has gotten ever more anxious, dumber, and even violent in recent time than ever.
|Perhaps this “toning everything down” or oversanitization of things has had a opposite effect. I dunno. They certainly never developed the proper “immunity” to dealing with these things as a result.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

I kind of wonder how FiM would have done had they went with the adventure model that Avatar: Last Airbender took instead of the settled slice of life model.
They should have had an overarching plot for each season WITH slice of life moments and problems in each episode.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I’ve said it a million times, but as far as exploring locations, it was basically “real-life place but with horses” until Season Five.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide