Unpopular opinion time

CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@WaynePonePone
I think most people at least agree they got what they deserved. Majority of the people objecting to their fate only care about Chrysalis. I also believe Cozy Glow would have less sympathizers if more knew that there was intent for it to be implied in the show that she was a murderer.
river mines

from the legion of doom tirek who should receive a redemption arc. the reason? Because i want to see a redemption arc for tirek, there could be a funny scene where tirek and discord act like exes who are uncomfortable with each other and depending on how it is done we could see his homeland
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@CloudMistDragon
My theory is the fact that the three villains by that point were developed enough to be interesting characters to have audiences care about them and because people found it hypocritical that they didn’t get the chance to get reformed while previous characters like Discord and Starlight did alongside characters who didn’t feel like they deserved redemption like Garble and Ahuizotl. Also like you said, massive Chrysalis and Cozy Glow bias since the both of them get woobified to death and their fans see them as misunderstood and seeing such a fate befall to them was a step too far.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@CloudMistDragon
My theory is the fact that the three villains by that point were developed enough to be interesting characters to have audiences care about them and because people found it hypocritical that they didn’t get the chance to get reformed while previous characters like Discord and Starlight did alongside characters who didn’t feel like they deserved redemption like Garble and Ahuizotl.
Thing is…it isn’t hypocritical or inconsistent at all. Who committed worse crimes?
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
I think they should have given Twilight the capability to transform back and forth between unicorn and alicorn modes where she can hide her wings in a casual setting like a superhero. That would have satiated those who opposed the Twilight alicornification and those who don’t give a frik. It’s quite awkward whenever she tries to blend in with the ordinary ponies as this gaudy alicorn full time. Most other shows would have had their princesses or people of high statuses dress casually on a regular basis.
Also, they could have given Twilight’s castle a better design, or have it NOT have that gaudy out of place eyesore be in the fucking middle of Ponyville? That’s always been a sticking point I had with her castle. I swear, the architects in the show have poor senses. O think the castle could have been more… i dunno, a castle? Not some glorified tree house.
Everything about how they had handled these two things just seemed very tacky and hideously out of place. Makes very little sense and seemed very ass pull most of the time.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@CloudMistDragon
We have an entire series about changing their fate with more than half the comments talking about how it’s the true or better ending, and this little comic where most of the comments say they’re hypocritical. Most people either call the Mane Six hypocritical or demonize Princess Celestia (God you have no idea how many times I’ve seen people call Celestia manipulating Twilight’s life). This is not an unpopular topic.
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Eh, doesn’t really work for me. If she can just turn back and forth anytime she wants, there’s no point in turning her into an alicorn.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@CloudMistDragon
Alright good cause the way how you phrased it said otherwise
But the other side do have some solid points about the show needlessly redeeming Garble and Ahuizotl who were two characters who frankly didn’t need redemption, except I think one was handled better than the other
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Mr.Myoozik
I’ve seen “general rebuttal” remarks phrased that way all the time.
@DerpyFast
Yeah, I was well-acquainted with Fix before I wrote what I did. Of course a lot of comments on that comic are going to be positive because those are comments from the comic’s fans. There are plenty of things that are loved by their fans but held in low (sometimes very low) regard by the general consensus. The fact that even the place where you expect the comments to be the most positive is a place where you’re seeing a lot of divisive feedback shows that this comic does not speak for the majority’s views whatsoever.
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@CloudMistDragon
Not to mention since filters and hide button exists here, there’s a chance people who didn’t have a positive opinion about the comic just didn’t bother to begin with, usually because they gave up long ago.
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@TheQuietMan
Because:
1.- People can get disillusioned with a work they thought it was promising.
2.- People might reach a breaking point regarding a subject that finally started to irk them.
3.- People often have opinions about something and would voice whenever they don’t like something.
4.- Curiosity. Simply put they got in out of casualty, they didn’t like it and decided to voice it.
5.- A combination of any of the aforement 4 reasons.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Twi Clown
At least that’s a logical explanation regarding the people’s logic themselves. That’s the answer I’ve always wanted. But anyway, surely those people are aware they’re hurting themselves anyway? Or are they really not self-aware?
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@TheQuietMan
That depends, voicing an opinion is not on itself hurting oneself, positive or negative. That’s mostly only if it is obsessive.
Sometimes it does happen constant reminders could still slowly erode common sense and the story is not just on derpi but also in DA where the filtering system is rather lackluster a lot of the time.
It’s really hard to tell how people just deal with it, sometimes venting does ease up the tension at times, some other times it can become an addiction all the same way some people become apologists no matter how excessive it becomes.
And that also doesn’t take into account whenever it gets into actual (open or snide) attacks rather than discussion, that can also make people get defensive.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Twi Clown
I’ve seen many movies that point out people’s flaws. Yet for some people who viewed them, they never see themselves as the one with those flaws. They can hate or feel bad for such characters but can’t feel it in themselves as one. I’ve observed this many times before. Nothing changes.
Background Pony #D37E
I’m glad I never got that caught up in show discussions. You’ve got the extremely ‘passionate’ Chrysalis defense force creeping over most of that comic’s comment section and in the next link (from an artist I like rip 😭) there’s that one guy who always shows up in the talks about g4s ending that thinks Twilight is Satan.
WaynePonePone
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
I don’t know. Most comments and posts I see everywhere on this site is about them not being turned into a statue. I mean maybe they don’t necessarily want to reform them, but I’ve seen so many people want them to at least break out of the statue to keep having funny moments with each other. So many comments under an image with the “a better ending for…” tag say that’s what they deserve or something similar, and a lot of comments under the villain trio statue images voice their dissatisfaction at such outcome and reprimand you-know-who for planting that idea. It’s not just about Fix. It’s the whole community. Maybe not the majority, but I think the number is still pretty large.
Whether or not other characters are blamed is a different matter but I think many people would like the villain trio to come back at the very least. Well, Chrysalis and Cozy Glow mostly because they’re cuter looking.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@TheQuietMan
Even then. It all just felt very unnatural.
The show does not take into account of the realities of the consequences for those in status. It just doesn’t feel believable.
Twilight’s castle shoehorned in the middle of Ponyville was a visual representation of that.
There is no way you can tell me that is supposed to be “normal”, and that the society would simply accept it as it is.
They could have at least made Twilight into a more believable princess. And her castle not be in the middle of Ponyville like some obstructively gaudy glorifies house. Or have a better design for a MANOR somewhere on the field right outside Ponyville.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

I mean, Twilight’s library treehouse was already quite distinct and stood out somewhat in the middle of Ponyville.
But at least it’s colours and design blend better into the setting than… Whatever that THING was. It’s almost like someone took a piece of the Crystal Palace in the CE and planted it in a rustic town.
It’s possible to design distinct abodes for the main cast without making it stuck out like an eyesore
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
It is not.
Ponyville is pretty much a town in its own right. For starters Canterlot is uphill in a mountain whereas Ponyville is in a valley so there’s not a metropolitan connection.
Ponyville has its own local government.
It’s own local economy (In fact if Gameloft gameplay is to be trusted, Ponyville must have the best economy of all Equestria.)
Plus there’s many countries that have a capital for each kind of function so while Canterlot remains important Ponyville got some sort of a delegated role (arguably the juridical aspect with Canterlot being legislative and executive considering Twilight and team being the one constantly beating the tar out of threats).
It is rural in environment but compared to modern day, Equestria as whole is rather anachronic so is not quite a fair comparative.
Not to mention the Mane 6 must always take a train to get into Canterlot so is not really across the corner.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide