Some of our subdomains are being deprecated. Effective March 1, 2024, www.derpibooru.org and www.trixiebooru.org will redirect to their non-www counterparts. Read further / discuss here.

Unpopular opinion time

river mines

@Jonny Manz
within the derpibooru forums there are not so many
but in other communities it is common to see the complaint that mym was a dawgrade in relation to the film, usually related to the personality of the protagonists and the plot
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
Despite all the comments I make under anything Opaline, it’s honestly all for jokes and giggles. I actually really like Opaline’s evilness. She’s honestly pretty badass. I love watching villains going about being delightfully villainous and just be fun. I just love having fun with villains and don’t usually like to look too deep into them. This is why I never care about reforming villains or anything. I mean it’s cool when they do reform them, Discord, Starlight, and the others, but Cozy Glow and the 2 other villains and Opaline, I don’t really care if they reform or not. It’s just like Big Jack Horner and Death who everyone loved as being so comically pure evil or a literal force of nature. I’ll never get why people keep making it that being a villain is such a bad thing like how calling Sprout a villain would get a lot of people angry. Villain is just a fictional general term and most villains are awesome.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Ponies The Anthology series is starting to go downhill in terms of quality. It’s a given for a series that’s been going on for 12 years (A fact that the anthology series itself is aware), but lately the skits just aren’t landing as they were. Anthology 6 to me was the peak and now 7 just feels like its relying on modern memes to stay relevant and is also relying on the tired Rainbow Dash jar joke, which is an old and tired joke that stopped being funny and they are running it to the ground.
WaynePonePone
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
What I learned being in this fandom:
  1. It hates Starlight Glimmer.
  2. It hates G5.
  3. Child endangerment is okay considering how Discord and Lightning Dust are viewed.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Here’s some perspective:
Opaline has been written to be as hate-able as possible, and her appreciation thread has gotten more replies in eight months (90 posts) than the Discord appreciation thread has gotten in two years (48).
Meanwhile, the Starlight appreciation thread has over 30,000 replies over the span of 7 years.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I’ll have to finish rewatching G4, but here’s how I would rank all the two-part episodes and mid-season finales I’ve gotten around to:

S Tier

“Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep”, “Missing The Mark”

A Tier

“Friendship is Magic”, “The Crystal Empire Part 2” (if it were a single episode)

B Tier

“Isle of Scaly” + “The Root Of All Evil”

C Tier

“Return of Harmony”, “A Canterlot Wedding”, “The Crystal Empire”, “Magical Mystery Cure”
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@WaynePonePone
They have a remnant cult following somewhere but for the most part, a lot do in fact love her. Because they chose to see the good first. I mean the ones that hate her must have a shitty childhood themselves. To the point, that they either don’t understand sentimental value, have no empathy and are more pessimistic and lonely than you could’ve been.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Twi Clown
Seeing that later on, she had an entire field almost sucked dry by some fruit bats, and the fact that it’s been part of an important family business for generations, I don’t blame her for treating one like it’s her baby
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@DerpyFast
The Friendship is Magic pilot being A tier, Roots of All Evil being B tier, and the FiM Season 2 premiere and finale being C tier, definitely unpopular. Only FiM episodes weaker than the pilot to me are largely forgotten/hated episodes from Seasons 6-9 that I just found to be eh/meh, Roots of All Evil is peak MYM to me, and the FiM Season 2 premiere and finale were peak FiM to me before Twilight’s Kingdom came along.
Absolutely love Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep? though.
@Background Pony #2E3E
I also always liked Over a Barrel. The whole “trivializing American Indian wars” thing is just…….people…….it’s a children’s horse show……..
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide