Some of our subdomains are being deprecated. Effective March 1, 2024, www.derpibooru.org and www.trixiebooru.org will redirect to their non-www counterparts. Read further / discuss here.

Unpopular opinion time

WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
At least you guys give G5 fair judgments instead of talking about how it failed like a big downer or talking about how it screwed up G4 like G4 is the freaking Bible or something.
PropsValroa

I love Spoiled Rich, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon. The writers really dropped the ball when it came to those characters. I generally have always had an interest in background ponies because is not that much that is known about them, leading to all kinds of possible speculation.
Jonny Manz
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am who I am
@xxzxxzxxzzx
To each their own but personally, the CG art style is my favorite MLP art style - I like it even more than FiM’s
@Spinny
Honestly, I feel that it only feels that way for me during brief moments of TYT (which I enjoy) - I’ve never felt that way during MYM
Jonny Manz
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@PropsValroa
Less the writers, more the Hasbro exec(s) - the writers wanted to include DT and SS in more than just background cameos post-CotLM, but were told by Hasbro each time that “their stories [were] over”
PropsValroa

Yeah that makes sense. I don’t know too much of the ins and outs of things, all I know is that after a certain point (maybe after Season 5? I guess?) G4 took a bit of a turn for the worst. There were great episodes after that, mind you, but there is a notable decline overall.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@WaynePonePone
As in praising it first or at least having something nice to say about it? Because next unpopular opinion by someone else I’ve heard from sounds quite absurd.
Does Pinkie really obsess with her cannon over her family? Especially Maud in Gift of Maud Pie?
WaynePonePone
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@TheQuietMan
Mostly not putting G4 high up like the sacred text and acting like somehow they owe us G4 2.0
Pinkie Pie literally gave away her cannon to give Maud Pie a gift, and of course she feels sad about giving her cannon away, but she still accepted that it’s more important to make her sister happy.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Spinny
“Ludicrous beyond belief”? We’re talking a pair of school bullies who were one-note up to that point of them changing their ways, their characters aren’t intended to be complex. Plus, look at how the story of the Cutie Mark Crusaders ended. All that happened was Scootaloo not leaving Ponyville before the gang temporarily turned into grown-ups. I’m sure whatever they had planned wasn’t going to be anything too elaborate.
Kanye West
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we're all equal here!

Thicc Thighs Connoisseur
I guess I long for the days when the fandom was hitting its peak. I don’t recall how or when I even got into MLP but I have very vivid memories of waking up on Saturday mornings and chatting with you all about the new episode. That was up until the end of season 6…after that I lost serious interest after what happened to the Changelings and it never really recovered. Still, I miss reading popular ship fics and watching Bronies react and all the other fan content. Things just aren’t what they used to be and it makes me sad. :(
Spinny
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Resident Spin Fetishist
They were bullies who literally didn’t exist for anything other than to give the CMC a hard time, but once they were finally free of that, they could pretty much be anything and take on an entirely different role. I, for one, would have totally liked to see them as allies of the CMC after spending so much time being enemies. Hell, there was even a perfect episode to show this in Marks and Recreation. They could have helped the CMC set up the camp.
It’s just a missed opportunity.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
I’ve grown to like Opaline better than Chrysalis. I don’t think that will shock anyone who knows that Sombra has been my all-time favorite MLP villain for years, but Opaline is just more charismatic to me with the way she’s built up combined with her sense of humor and interestingly messed up idea of friendship.
PropsValroa

I definitely agree with that and I really think there was so much potential for them as allies of the CMC or something else entirely. It is a huge missed opportunity. Something the writers / hasbro / whatever seems to have a habit of doing.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@WaynePonePone
I knew it was just a delusion. I mean the fact Maud forced the guy to give it back anyway mean the cannon must have some sentimental value and Maud completely understands
@CloudMistDragon
That but she’s the first villain to beat Twilight Sparkle if albeit in a pyrrhic victory.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@TheQuietMan
A big reason why people were so hard on her at first is because they couldn’t believe what she was able to do in the past from only seeing what she was like with her power gone, but once she had her power back, she proved herself to be a truly fearsome threat.
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@TheQuietMan
Duh, Maud Pie knows Pinkie more than anyone. They are family after all. And her not wanting to part with something that brings her joy isn’t the same as obsessing over it more than her family.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@CloudMistDragon
Even against Sunny in Missing the Mark, I feel she wasn’t at full power. In the Roots of all Evil however, we finally get to see the extent of her power. Still not enough to beat the Rainbow of Light somehow.
@WaynePonePone
I do question if they even watched the show at all or was mentally unstable while watching. Because whatever next claims from that person gets more ridiculous. Anyway I think I’ll end that here.
Jonny Manz
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@Kiryu-Chan
That lack of interest thing - I’ve felt that at least twice, haha - towards the end of Season 6, I started to drift away just a bit, for no particular reason besides maybe just being a bit burnt out at that point, but got pulled back in - same in the layoff between the end of FiM and when I first watched the movie. However, for the latter, there were a couple reasons: one was because there was a small part of me that was perhaps ready to move on, while the other, larger reason was because I couldn’t justify to myself moving it to the front of my massive Netflix watchlist, haha
Were it not for that BABSCon that I had booked the ticket for back in 2020 finally happening, who knows when I would’ve put off watching the movie until? (Considering it took the imminent release of Chapter 2 to get me to fully catch up)
@river mines
I dunno, I think it’s a small handful - a smaller subset of a subset (heh)
Jonny Manz
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@Kanye West
A part of me misses that, and all the content and stuff that was created, but a different part of me likes how it is now, how it feels like everyone (such as myself) who is in the G5 portion of the fandom genuinely enjoys it, and genuinely wants to be there. It is quite cozy
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide