Some of our subdomains are being deprecated. Effective March 1, 2024, www.derpibooru.org and www.trixiebooru.org will redirect to their non-www counterparts. Read further / discuss here.

Unpopular opinion time

Jonny Manz
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am who I am
@ИІЯІЖIRIN
Unlike with Alexandra Carter (Twist) I didn’t see any info directly, but supposedly Brynna Drummond moved away to attend college. Apparently, her father, Brian (and yes, indeed, that Brian Drummond, perhaps unsurprisingly) revealed this somewhere (but I was never able to track down where that statement was made)
Also, those movie character voices were pretty clearly to help in marketing the movie (I mean, I’ve always maintained that the reason there were so many new characters introduced in the movie was a mandate passed down from Hasbro corporate to make spots that they could then fill with recognizable Hollywood talent), so it makes sense that they wouldn’t be used after that.
Hell, I think if they thought they could have gotten away with it, they would have recast the Mane Six with Hollywood voices for the movie instead.
Jonny Manz
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@river mines
I suppose it helped me that I didn’t watch the movie until after the first four TYT episodes had come out, and then I didn’t watch anything besides those things until a few weeks before Chapter 2 came out, when I got caught up by watching several TYT per night, haha
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Jonny Manz
What an original name. That one aside, if they can recast the g5 characters, don’t see why the g4 movie wasn’t recasted as well. I mean Hasbro did it with Galvatron.
Jonny Manz
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@TheQuietMan
Who knows, maybe they didn’t want to piss off the Vancouver cast since they would be going back to them afterwards (unlike with ANG, where they had no intention of using the LA cast in anything afterwards)
Jonny Manz
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@Latecomer
Yeah, and I know they did it with the witches in the G1 movie (no Cloris Leachman for the main series, for example)
Who knows, maybe with the various shuffling of writers on FiM that occurred (since IIRC the movie entered production after season 4, when Meghan McCarthy was the head writer - which also explains why, say, Starlight Glimmer only had a brief non-speaking cameo towards the beginning) they couldn’t come up with a storyline that would justify the work of trying to cast replacement voices (or of having the animation team come up with Flash rigs - at least until their background cameos in s9 - since ofc the movie was animated in ToonBoom Harmony)
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I do like starlight and trixie as a how their written as a duo. They work well off each other and i do ship them together, so happy for no second prances for that
That’s exactly why I like the episode, it birthed my favorite ship and created one of the best dynamics in the show
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@ИІЯІЖIRIN
Your right its possible that she didn’t abandon him. At this point it could only be speculation. Ok so ill let you know how I came to the conclusion of thinking phyllis abandoned sprout. It’s because of how she left him in the movie at the end. When sprout asks mommy did i do a good job? and she says uh and runs away. Instead of being like no sprout what you did is wrong etc etc.
I can just imagine them being on two different ends of the dinner table and not talking to each other. She may not have ran away physically but she ran away mentally with confronting her responsibilities as a parent.
@AC97
Here’s the thing moonndancer also had abandonment issues and didn’t become a supervillain. Being sad about it for a while is one thing, but sunburst left town when she was like 4 or so. Do you know how many people have had friends leave in kindergarten. She had plenty of time to make new friends and its not as if sunburst was her only pillar in life or something. She has caring parents.
And the more we learn about her past the worst is got instead of trying to make new friends she just became a emo teenager all because one friend left at pre-school.

No sane pony person would respond to the level that starlight did, its hard to believe that she didn’t already have mental problems needed to be worked out since birth. Actually you know what, they should have went with that for what people claim is the case for cozy glow for starlight.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@CORDZ2000
Continuing to poke at Starlight’s way of dealing with abandonment issue and compare her to other characters is the same as me talking about everything wrong Discord did over and over again. It’s just repeating the same thing and becomes annoying. We’ve said the same things so many times there is nothing nuanced anymore. We really need to start looking at characters differently like how everyone kept telling me to.
And of course Starlight has mental problems. It’s kind of obvious.
CORDZ2000

Draconequues Lover zcord
This started from overall just a discussion on redemptions and my statements aren’t just starlight sucks. I’m not hating or upset really or anything. Just having a discussion and coming up with counterarguments to points that I think contradict in story.
However I even brought up earlier how I can see why people feel certain things about discord and how I can understand certain things you feel for that as I’m trying to be objective. I even brought up what I do LIKE about reformed Starlight and that’s startrix as a duo.
(Anyone who needs proof can look at my latest forum posts on my profile page or all my favored startrix art). I brought up other characters partly to show how they did certain things better and/or how certain things fall flat to prove a point.
But I do agree, I think we covered all we can with starlight. Also It was interesting to see discussion on sprout, as I feel his nuance is underrated.
This was a interesting convo on the perspective of redemption overall everyone
WaynePonePone
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
Well, this started when I said people didn’t hate redemption in general. They were just biased toward Starlight, and I still stand by that.
The majority of the fandom still has problem with Starlight Glimmer. There is a major bias against her, and you can’t change my mind.
Spidey10

Well, this started when I said people didn’t hate redemption in general. They were just biased toward Starlight, and I still stand by that.
The majority of the fandom still has problem with Starlight Glimmer. There is a major bias against her, and you can’t change my mind.
Starlight Glimmer is awesome. My favorite MLP character outside of the Mane Six.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Here’s the thing moonndancer also had abandonment issues and didn’t become a supervillain.
Not everyone deals with similar things in the same way. That’s kind of the point, that she’s a sort of mirror for Moondancer, dealing with abandonment in a less-than-constructive way, if to a greater extreme.
She had plenty of time to make new friends and its not as if sunburst was her only pillar in life or something. She has caring parents.
Okay. Exactly how much insight do we get into her personal life at the time after? Was it definitively, for sure, the only factor there ever was, or was it the point from which she started spiraling?
And it’s funny you say “parents,” because where is her mother? That’s someone who is neither seen nor mentioned, at any point.
@WaynePonePone
Yeah, that was legitimately a moment that was along the lines of a realistic anxiety attack.
Another instance would be say, No Second Prances, where she shows signs of paranoia.
Starlight Glimmer: [groan] What is going on? This is Ponyville! If I can’t make a friend here, there’s gotta be something wrong with me! [sighs] Okay, calm down. Nobody makes friends with a total stresscase.
[more ponies chattering]
Starlight Glimmer: [to herself] Stop stressing… Stop stressing!
Starlight Glimmer: I’m not from here either. I’ve been trying to make friends, but it’s not easy. They’re not saying it, but I think everypony knows about my past. I may have been a tiny bit… completely and utterly evil?
@WaynePonePone
I think it’s more of a (particularly) vocal minority than anything, but eh, it doesn’t really matter.
@Spidey10
She wouldn’t be one of my top favorite ponies, if she wasn’t at least a little unstable, lol.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Badge Dragon
@Background Pony #E617
I’m glad there’s more appreciation for the other gens these days than in the early years of G4. There was a point where you basically couldn’t say anything nice about G1-G3, despite most not having watched them.
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@AC97
Seriously, there needs to be more different angle looks on her more than “She reacts to thinks more negatively so it’s bad” and “She has it so good. How dare she do all these things.” even though nothing about her is proven other than one friend leaving her. Maybe it’s not the majority, but the bias is scarily strong nothing can break her out of this loop. Reminds of a time I remember discussing about how Starlight might be a latchkey kid and then a certain someone had to come out to say magic power suddenly stops having influence on one’s psyche. It’s like people will find every way to make her look bad, not matter how twisted or ridiculous.
@TheQuietMan
Are people canceling fictional characters now?
Who am I kidding they cancelled Pepe le Pew.
@Dragonpone
I grew to like G1 because it’s so wild. That’s 80s cartoon for ya.
Jonny Manz
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@Megalobronia
I might watch through G1, considering I believe it’s mostly available on Tubi (and perhaps other free streamers?) I’ve watched a few episodes, but nothing too much. I did watch a couple episodes of MLP Tales, and I thought it was dumb but also very entertaining, so there’s that.
Not too big a fan of the art styles for G3 and 3.5, but I have watched A Very Minty Christmas (or whatever) before, and I thought it was okay.
@Background Pony #A27F
Though it’s also important to distinguish between cancel culture and consequence culture (I find that the latter is often mislabeled as the former)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide