Registered and never got a confirmation mail? - Mailer was down some hours, sorry. - Click here to resend

Unpopular opinion time

Jonny Manz
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am who I am
@CloudMistDragon
It took me a little bit to get into “Glowin’ Up” but once I did, I liked it fine.
My personal least favorite track from ANG is “Together”, as while both it and “It’s Alright” can be called generic, I think that the latter is a fun generic, while the former is somewhat dull.
…in some instances it’s retelling of events from MYM is superior(like Opaline getting dragged into the together tree).
Eh, agree to disagree, as with the specific one you mentioned, I feel the MYM version of events is more thematically fitting.
Just to satisfy my curiosity, with that specific event, did you wait and watch the TYT episode until after finishing Chapter 6 (so delaying a week)? Or did you watch the TYT episode first?
Jonny Manz
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@PuffyDearlySmith
Ah, fair, yeah, I asked because I did the same, and I was just curious if it was some sort of unconscious bias that, having seen the MYM version first, that’s the reason I liked it better. Now I feel more confident that it’s not
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
People never actually had problems with redeeming villains. The only reasons people was tired of redeeming villains was because the last villain that was redeemed was Starlight Glimmer and not many were a fan of her. Why else would people want the finale villain trio and Opaline to be reformed? They want their favorite villains to be reformed, not that they had a problem with reforming in general.
river mines

that doesn’t surprise me it’s fun to make even the worst villains likable in fanart and fanfics, but it surprises me if fans want her to have a redemption arc based on what we have in the show, as she hasn’t shown sympathetic traits.
unlike Sprout, who in the film demonstrated many sympathetic traits that made fans want his redemption arc.
the same with the legion of doom I don’t think many fans wanted Tirek to have a redemption arc before season 9, in which he received some sympathetic traits.
WaynePonePone
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@river mines
While I don’t really oppose reforming villains, having sympathetic traits doesn’t automatically mean they should be reformed. Honestly and weirdly I like how everyone makes the point that Starlight’s reason for turning evil isn’t enough to justify her actions, because she then proves the idea that having sympathetic backstory doesn’t equal redemption. I like this idea that people can just change because they’re willing to, not because so sad stuff that compels them to. The thing is Starlight always regrets her actions and decisions and never justifies anything because of what happened to her. That’s change and I kind of like that better from a villain.
And yeah, that means Discord is included too, but he relapses and that’s not a good change so screw him.
river mines

@WaynePonePone
I agree with a lot of this view, My ideal redemption for Sprout is that his demotion to community service made him truly realize that trying to be something he’s not and stopping envying other people’s success only caused him problems and problems for the ponies around him, so he makes do with what he has and He learns to invest in his true gifts, thus becoming a better pony who wants to move forward.
Poison Trail
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I mean, the same was attempted with Sombra within canon with the Radiant Sue arc and it failed miserably leading to him being unceremoniously put down, and his design was salvageable.
We’ve all known for a long time that there’s no worse sin in Equestria than to look ugly/evil as hell.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Blissful690
The action is great, but Sunny vs. Opaline does character stuff better. Everyone helps out, it’s a moment of truth for Sunny and Misty, and the fight has an actual winner instead of ending in a stalemate.
Zabilac

To me, her closest sympathetic trait was back in “Missing the Mark” when she told Misty she’d give her a cutie mark. Of course, then the next episode she self-admits to be lying.
Twi Clown
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Übermensch in training
I still think my favorite one was Magic Duel Twilight Sparkle VS Trixie. Sacrifices scope by actually using magic in actually versatile manners and give a glimpse of how great magical fights could be if they could weaponize both offensive and non-combat magic even if they never actually “hurt” each other.
Is weird how it seems magic is not just like a glorified giant hammer but a huge array of a swiss knife powers but rarely comes into play in high scope conflicts.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide