Unpopular opinion time

Just Wayne
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Blingo
@Background Pony #3F17
I honestly prefer the latter. Silent characters are awesome. They’re the best kind of “show don’t tell” characters where their emotions speak for them. I do like her voice but Nowacking kind of stopped being her anyway so I’m fine with what we got.
Latecomer

I think mute Vinyl is interesting. Nothing wrong with her speaking, of course - I’ve enjoyed it in fanfics - but we don’t get mute characters so often, so why not?
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
They should have had a space borne villain that Equestria needed to send the Mane 6 and a few supporting cast into space and onto the moon while the rest of folks on the planet do everything to defend a mass worldwide invasion by said alien villain.
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

My headcanon about Opaline being a weirdo that fell into a vat of oversaturated purple paint and got superpowers along with serious brain damage from the lead poisoning still makes more sense that this BS about her being the third Celestial/Major Alicorn alongside Celestia and Luna, just conveniently left out of the picture for more than a millennia.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I’m not sure I care much for the idea of Luster being Starlight/Sunburst’s kid.
@WaynePonePone
I’ve seen a lot worse discourse than that particular instance.
@Poison Trail
third Celestial/Major Alicorn alongside Celestia and Luna, just conveniently left out of the picture for more than a millennia.
>implying there’s a distinction between alicorns
That headcanon/fanon has always been very baseless in the context of canon, at least as early as S4.
That said, I really hate the idea of Skyros, because “alicorn homeland” was always a terrible idea even in the context of G4 ala “Journal of the Two Sisters,“ because it only ever raises further questions that are next to impossible to answer well.
Poison Trail
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I’ve always preferred the concept of there being Major/Celestial and Minor/Ascended alicorns as it explains why no other alicorn has ever popped up before Cadance: Celestia did ascend a couple during the “Thousand Years of Waiting”, but they all reached the end of their natural, unchanged lifespan.
It sure sounds better than “They’re just hidden under a rock somewhere till some writer wants to massacre the lore further” and/or “Equestria really does just revolve around Twilight Sparkle’s existence”.
Background Pony #4C59
I mostly like mute Vinyl because of how fun it is the corporal language you could do with her.
She might not be a talker, but she acts big and his reactions and gestures are far from subtle. It’s like the concept of a mime to a great degree I just love characters that can be great at communicating, words or not words. Hammy voices but also hammy bodies if possible.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Equestria really does just revolve around Twilight Sparkle’s existence
Considering Twilight is literally the main character whose opening act was to save Luna, and the Element of Magic was always in a starburst shape just like her mark (even before the Tree of Harmony’s presence was known/introduced), I’m not too sure why you’d be expecting otherwise.
Besides, just because you’re immortal doesn’t mean you can’t be killed/die (or otherwise not be a factor around Equestria), for any other hypothetical alicorns that might’ve been/be. Alicorn magic sharing had no asterisk on the note of “oh but Twilight, you’re not the correct type to take our and Cadance’s magic,” so it’s only natural to assume it doesn’t exist, especially in the absence of any alicorns aging past their prime.
It’s just an asinine extreme of that, though, if it’s ending up a case of “there was an entire race of alicorns that, with only two exceptions as in Celestia and Luna, they never factored into anything, despite multiple apocalypses in alternate timelines.” I think it’s telling that nothing FiM-adjacent touched it with a thousand-foot pole on elaborating further.
Background Pony #4C59
@TheQuietMan
Is mostly the fact the world building is quite open ended in canon which means and consensus is an uphill battle at best. Plus, depending of the mood, some people might like world building and some not. Plus, a lot of fan projects often make world building that often doesn’t hold as well in canon resulting in people feeling a bit defrauded.
I dare to say even TV Tropes is not that reliable depending on your opinion regarding a lot of aspects with canon compared to other media resulting in a lot of discussions and even awkward stances.
And that’s also discounting the people who are more attracted to specific individuals or aspects which means world building might not be a first hand necessity for them, but it is for others. And no, it is not related to character inconsistencies but rather the fact the setting is alive but is more to make it a playground and get many ideas from it.
So to say, MLP it’s best as a divergent experience, which can get annoying for people who wishes for a much more convergent experience, or for people who simply find canon or fanon explanations limiting or dissapointing.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

It’s just an asinine extreme of that, though, if it’s ending up a case of “there was an entire race of alicorns that, with only two exceptions as in Celestia and Luna, they never factored into anything, despite multiple apocalypses in alternate timelines.” I think it’s telling that nothing FiM-adjacent touched it with a thousand-foot pole on elaborating further.
It looks to be another piece of evidence that G5 was originally meant to be its own universe, and the connection to G4 was shoehorned in as a marketing gimmick.
Background Pony #4C59
@TheQuietMan
I don’t really cared that much for the seaponies. Now, I’m not sure if you mean people hate it (not my case) or people are apathetic (somewhat closer to my case), is just that it seems people felt somewhat dissapointed with certain lore buildings.
Why? I dare to say it depends of the person because this fanbase is not what I’d call hiveminded in a lot of aspects, very few things are particulary unifying.
Jonny Manz
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@AC97
I dunno, I think it’s a perfectly reasonable explanation that Skyros is a separate realm, and the two do not mix often (like, with Celestia and Luna, they only left because Star Swirl went to retrieve them). It seems to fit perfectly into that whole magical/mystical world feel.
Toastypk
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Royal Advisor
@Jonny Manz
I almost feel like Skyros is/was far in the sky like a realm of basically gods. Then Celestia and Luna may have been chosen to go to the lands below to lead. Or something.
But it would be a fitting final battle stage!
Latecomer

@Poison Trail
I just have Cadance as a hyper-rare fluke and all subsequent alicorns as directly deriving from her - Flurry Heart is obvious, of course, and Celestia’s plans with Twilight were a test of if the circumstances could be repeated.
@TheQuietMan
What do you mean exactly?
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer
And for that matter, Flurry could easily be a fluke within a fluke, as far as I’m possibly inclined to see it. It could be fuel for an inferiority complex, possibly even to the point of a villain origin story, for any potential subsequent children to feel like they’re just second best, even through no real fault of their family.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide