Unpopular opinion time

DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I think I realized around Season 7 that the show lacked a clear overarching plot to resolve with a finale, so I went in with basically zero expectations.
I also maintain the unpopular opinion that the running themes of the Daring Do episodes were “perspectives” and “changing your opinion in the face of new evidence”. So showing things from the other characters’ perspectives was a logical way to wrap it up. Let’s not forget that the jungle natives were totally down for Ahuizotl’s ritual, or that “unrelenting heat” is the natural climate for jungles, or what happened to King Sombra and The Storm King when they tried stealing something.
Latecomer

Regarding the finale, wasn’t the original plot something else entirely, but still featuring Discord? Something about him and the Royal sisters passing on, but him not wanting to? I can’t really look it up right now, but it could be his continued involvement was a relic of that even as the plot itself was rewritten around him.
(Really, people ask about the production process way too much given how much production info we have. I guess a lot of us - like me - are too lazy to go research.)
@DerpyFast
Just cause there isn’t an overarching plot (and that’s not 100% true exactly) doesn’t mean you can’t do a solid finale. At the very least, not doing things which lose points in the viewers’ eyes.
Tiger beetle
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -

Send massage.
I didn’t mind Fluttershy reforming Caballeron and his goons, and I thought the execution was alright. It’s just a such a strange choice to even do reformation for these guys. Ahuizotl on the other hand…yeah, no. Literally depicted as nothing but evil beforehand. I understand they wanted to show how skewed Daring’s perspective was, and I understand they wanted to get with the times, as people are more critical of adventurers stealing relics these days. But you can’t just pull ‘he’s misunderstood’ unless there were some hints planted beforehand. Some ecosystems need wildfires to remain healthy, but 800 years of scorching heat? And if it needed to happen, how come Ahuizotl doesn’t bring it up when he’s telling Daring off? You’d think as a supposed guardian, he’d mention the ecosystem had been hurt by her actions, ON TOP of her stealing stuff. They just decided he was good all along, but without adressing his past actions…it’s just not enough. Also, other Jungle Guardians were literally not mentioned before that episode. Who are they? Is Cipactli one of them?
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Something about him and the Royal sisters passing on, but him not wanting to?
Yeah that sounds about right from what I remember. They wouldn’t have been needed anymore, their age being over, so they would’ve passed onto the next world, probably something akin to elves leaving in LOTR.
@Tiger beetle
Especially considering Ahuizotl was narratively portrayed as someone who was said to have wanted to, for instance, more or less destroy Somnambula (separate two artifacts, causing it to sink into the ground after it’s plunged into eternal night), which is located somewhere that had nothing to do with his supposed duty. It tends to work better if a villain isn’t one-sidedly awful in every last piece of official media beforehand, with one highlight being him intentionally mutilating someone’s cutie mark in an official book.
Regarding Caballeron though, yeah, it’s alright for Fluttershy to work her way into someone caring about her. She’s rather good at that… but it’s not a one-size fits all solution.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
I feel like these lEsSoNs always seem to get in the way of good story telling.
Lauren Faust originally wanted season encompassing seasons rather than episodic slice of life format.
Also, I feel like they’ve hideously squandered every single opportunity to thouroughly explore the vast rich setting and lore the series had. Not to mention supporting characters that deserved more spotlight. Much of it wasted in Ponyville doing the same old shenanigans and relearning the same tired lessons season after season. How much more “character development” did the Mane 6 really need by the end of season 3?
It felt like everything after season 4 was just… recycled.
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Resident Spin Fetishist
Don’t forget that Ahuizotl has literally attempted to murder Daring Do as well. But nope, let’s make it so he’s totally just been misunderstood this whole time and end Daring Do’s arc with her all washed up and her former archenemy now super famous! Ugggggh, it still pisses me off. And sorry, but FUCK Fluttershy for facilitating that bullshit.
DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
@Spinny
Which is why I still believe that was actually body-swapped Angel doing all those things in that episode; the real Fluttershy would never do anything that stupid. EVER.
Background Pony #4C59
@Spinny
Weirdly enough, that thing is very consistent about Fluttershy regarding defending someone who needs compassion.
Problem is, in that episode its more like the universe had to bend itself just so Fluttershy can be correct to the point of somewhat disgregarding past experiences with Ahuizotl. The guy could be extracting hearts at the top of a pyramid of an enemy tribe and yet you’d have to find a way to make Fluttershy somehow explaining how misunderstood he is. Is like the plot have to bend into Fluttershy’s favor rather than her traits actually working up naturally within the setting.
Background Pony #0D72
Don’t forget that Ahuizotl has literally attempted to murder Daring Do as well. But nope, let’s make it so he’s totally just been misunderstood this whole time and end Daring Do’s arc with her all washed up and her former archenemy now super famous!
One of the few mlp I genuinely (for a relative term) hate and would like to forget ever existed.
Background Pony #0D72
I don’t know if “a lot people” felt the same way, but I definitely hated them for the way they left Daring Do.
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Andyxdr
Daring Doubt was like a bad fever dream. Caballeron and Ahuizotl are poor, misunderstood souls despite the fact they tried to murder Daring Do on multiple occasions. What a load of revisionist nonsense.
Daring Do should have stayed a fictional character.
Background Pony #4C59
Daring Do should have stayed a fictional character.
Not really related. More like they shouldn’t have just suddenly make smympathetic characters that clearly behave in a malicious way, at the very least not in a way that ends up feeling contradictory to previous characterization.
In my case I’m mostly reacting here rather than proactively commenting on topics. I could say Gilda and Diamond Tiara’s redemptions were decent. The former was not a supervillain nor did anything particulary henious, she was just a jerk, even her “nenious crime” of making Fluttershy cry was if anything more like callousness because she likely would have been harsh on anyone regardless if it is timid or assertive (and stealing an apple and pulling a prank on an elderly person sound like much more serious offenses if anything); the later was pretty much a bratty kid needing a wake up call in life and confronting the source of her issues, some argue it wasn’t that good but even then considering the competition it wasn’t really that out of place.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Honestly the only episode post “Daring Do being real” worth a damn was Stranger Than Fan Fiction. Daring Done?(despite an interesting premise) and especially Daring Doubt on the other hand were incredibly dreadful.
Also a huge missed opportunity for a Daring Do/Spitfire team-up episode, maybe dealing with RD’s own hero worship issues, seemed like a no brainer. Gotta make room for bad cheerleader episodes and more unnecessary and poor villain reformations for Fluttershy I guess
Background Pony #0D72
“Daring Doubt” was my favorite of the Daring Doubt episodes.
To me, they already dealt with RD’s hero worship issues of Daring Do in “Daring Don’t” and sort-of in “Daring Done”, and with Spitfire in Wonderbolts Academy and “Rainbow Falls”. And if you want to count the comics, that micro-series with Rainbow and Spitfire.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Fallen Oak charity art pack - Nuclear Neighs and Deco Days

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide