Unpopular opinion time

Andyxdr
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Glowin' up!
@Roseluck
I just think it’d be better if Discord haters said things like, “In my opinion, he should’ve been turned back to stone.” instead of just saying, “He should’ve been turned back to stone.” because at least they’re acknowledging it’s an opinion and not an indisputable fact. There’s a difference between disliking a character and treating it like an indisputable fact that they should’ve been turned to stone. The first one I can tolerate but not the second one. Criticizing and disliking a character doesn’t mean you have to say they should be petrified forever or erased from existence.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
I’m not surprised that people didn’t like Discord’s twist in season 9. But considering that the show had lots of either confusing or baffling twists for 9 years and nobody batting an eye, I think it was expected to happen, one way or another.
Oh, eyes were definitely batted every time something baffling/“baffling” happened in FiM since Day 1. It’s just that now, some people like to pretend that none of that happened because it’s not convenient to the “FiM is the god of TV that G5 needs to grovel at.” narrative.
Of course, mandatory reminder that G5’s problems haven’t magically gone away because of that statement. But the way FiM gets framed now by one too many…it’s like, really? “These G5 shows have had less than a year to accomplish what FiM did by Season 6! Truly a mess!” I know, I defend G5 enough, but this didn’t even start with G5 for me. Even back when I was watching FiM, I never cared about being super critical about the show and overanalyzing it. My next unpopular opinion to share is that I’ve always believed in MLP just being enjoyed for what it is.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@CloudMistDragon
To me, it’s a case by case situation. For example, I don’t think seasons 8 and 9 were horrible, but I can see why anyone would say it.
About G5, I still think it has potential. The biggest thing to me is that it’s more self aware than G4, especially in A New Generation and the first Make your Mark episode.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
Oh no, I started something again. Honestly this is exactly why I’d rather pretend Discord doesn’t exist. I know I have a history but I can’t say a word about him without being retorted. “There are people who like Discord y’know.” No shit, there are also people who fall in love with serial killers. “How would you feel if your favorite characters were criticize and hated?” Well, there are many negative opinions toward Fluttershy and Starlight Glimmer, especially Starlight Glimmer by a certain someone, but I have kept my mouth shout about them, haven’t I? Also, if I have to add an “in my opinion” every time I make a comment, should I take everyone’s opinion here as a fact? No one said the “opinion” thing about the phone thing. This goddamn thread…
Posted Report
Latecomer

Given Discord’s nature, it’s totally predictable that this happens. In fact, perhaps he suggested the Season 9 twist to the writers cause he didn’t want to risk Starlight beating him in the controversy department?
Posted Report
2012InMyHeart

I am amazed that you guys like the phones whats next? Pony snapchat? tiktok gotta keep up with the kids ammah right?
An episode when they fight an evil discord mod sounds pretty funny not gonna lie
Maybe the next villain is trying to scam the ponies with bitcoin!
2012InMyHeart

@Phoenixflambe
Well don’t I feel silly, did not know 5G had a comic do they sell a few pages at a time and call it chapters as well?
Hahah! sorry I could not help it!
@Just Wayne
Come on Wayne its just a difference in opinion don’t take things so seriously!
I am just not a fan of cool magical worlds putting in modern stuff, be it skyscrapers or cars kinda clash with the “fantasy” aspect
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

I do have an “issue” (emphasis on the quotation marks) with the modern technology in G5. After G4 where ponies were just as foreign and fantastical as everything and everyone else in their world, the ponies of G5 are… what, “literally us, except as ponies?”
Kinda boring to me (also emphasis on “to me”). I can just watch a superhero cartoon if I want that. Or look through the window…
That said, if I’m not mistaken, the/some generations before G4 were also like that, what with Megan the human. Just with the technology of back then. Guess ten years of Equestria made me blasé about something so much closer to reality. Like if Spyro got a new game and it’s set in something that’s basically our world now, except the humans are all various different species instead.
Reminder that it doesn’t mean people are wrong to like G5, but that’s one of the reasons I’m not interested in it.
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Roseluck
For me, I think it’s somewhat lazy fantasy. The original design of Ponyvill had worldbuilding (at least on the surface) on the level of a fantasy novel.
I would say the only place that seemed a little too modern or out of place could be Manehattan
I guess for me I admire G4 as a fantasy world of horses. And that’s made it special to me.
Faust also seems to prefer that.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@2012InMyHeart
Sorry, I think my anger wasn’t gone yet. I don’t think my anger toward this whole damn thread is ever going to die. Though you did word it like “Wait you guys like this thing I don’t like? What’s wrong with you?!”
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide