Unpopular opinion time

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Fimfiction has some features it can improve upon. Like I wish you could easily access your forum posts there instead of it being lost in the void unless you favorite it.
Posted Report
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Tiger beetle
Honest Apple feels to me like an idiot ball episode, rather than one that’s outright bad. Everyone is mostly in character, at worst Applejack is a bit flanderized for the sake of the plot.
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -

Send massage.
@Wiimeiser
I think AJ isn’t flanderized, as much as she gets thrown into a confusing environment and gets frustrated, so she clings to what little power she has in that situation - the position of a judge, and she clings to it HARD. Eventually she gets more confident, but channels it in a nasty way, ending up bashing rather than critiquing. Her bluntness, stubborness, and temper definitely shine in that episode, (they might even be exaggarated a bit too hard, as I’ve mentioned with the hat) but so does her determination, and willingness to make amends for what she did wrong.
Posted Report
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
@Mr.Myoozik
Eh, I can only blame Rarity for not consulting AJ beforehand and assuming she’d say yes. That was presumptious of her, and not very considerate.
I understand her reasoning on tasking AJ with the practically aspect since high-fashion often is all about spectacle but is not much good in everyday life. And she did say AJ could back out, so good on her on that front.
Both of them are kind of at fault, but AJ did say yes in the end, certain the fashion world could use her approach. And once AJ does what she does, Rarity has every right to be pissed.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Tiger beetle
I still think that Rarity was pretty foolish in letting AJ be a judge, considering that even though she is the Element Of Honesty, she had the tendency to be too honest as shown throughout the series. I get her logic of having an outsider be a judge to provide an unbiased view, but she knew what she was getting into tasking Applejack to do something that she has no experience in prior other than the one time her cutie mark got switched. On the other hand, Applejack was being very tactless and didn’t know what the concept of boundary was since again, it was shown throughout the series. So really, I can’t say that I was on Rarity’s side when she herself was what unintentionally caused the fashion show to almost get cancelled.
@Phoenixflambe
Depends on the episode but for the most part, I would say no.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Tiger beetle
Eh, Rarity wanted AJ to be there to judge dresses practically, found two other fashion judges that don’t understand practicality, and didn’t inform anyone practicality is one of the aspects to be judged so the everyone is in the dark and couldn’t tell AJ when she goes overboard, thinking she is just there to be ridiculous. She dug the hole herself and partially deserves the blame. Also, the whole fashion show eventually turns into the typical “abstract designs not many would understand” and practicality was completely forgotten anyway. There is kind of no point for AJ to invited if they just want fashion to be fashion.
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Sometimes I feel like AJ and Rarity are so ridiculous in their approaches to fashion.
Applejack is literally incapable of understanding any appeal of fashion.
While Rarity makes fashion as impractical as possible.
There’s no balance in the show. Why can’t there be both? The greatest real life fashionistas are those who can combine practicality and style together.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
I think I figured out the problem with Honest Apple. It’s neither Applejack nor Rarity’s actions, it’s the entire fashion field of Equestria. (Only Equestria, not real life. I know as little of fashion as Applejack in real life.) The fashion world is too stubborn and afraid of change and criticism that it refuses to change. Rarity wanted to bring Applejack into that world to make a change for it but everyone in that field is so satisfied with the status quo, they refuse to listen. I mean if Applejack is criticized for stubbornly rejecting Strawberry Sunrise’s opinions, doesn’t that mean fashion is also in the wrong for stubbornly rejecting Applejack’s judgment? Rarity’s demonstration of Applejack’s argument with Strawberry Sunrise actually says a lot more about fashion than Applejack. And the whole fashion show returns to the status quo where they’re more comfortable instead of trying new innovations and breaking free, from pretty but impractical works. I mean all those clothes are never worn by anypony else, right?
All I’m saying is Applejack is right. Fashion is ridiculous but the fashionistas are too afraid to admit that.
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Just Wayne
Coco Chanel in real life actually criticized Christian Dior for making fashions that were more simply beautiful than functional in the 1950s. Granted Coco was a bit of jerk and kind of a gatekeeper.
Coco came from the era in the 1920s when women were starting to be more athletic in their activities.
So by all means the real fashion makers are those willing to do things differently, whether Dior or Coco, even if critics lambast you. Even critics can help someone improve too.
Honestly real fashion needs critics to be able to progress the medium.
I’m not a fashion historian so I might have gotten a few things wrong but I think the point still stands.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide