Unpopular opinion time

DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
Wanted to say this before I go to bed:
I honestly think the controversy around Coco’s name is just stupid, and Hasbro’s descision to rename her even moreso. I mean “Miss” is a surname, who the actual hell has a surname as their legal first name? Seriously, name me one person IRL whose first name is either Miss or Mister.
Background Pony #E8EF
Any pony that dates Trixie is also dating her ego therefore they are a throuble!
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
Hasbro is so pitifully terrified of litigation. They did to Coco what they tried to do to Derpy (and partially succeeded, given that they found a compromise to change her official name).
If the Chanel estate had gone as far to sue them, Hasbro undoubtedly would have won. No question. Shows have gotten away with even more on-the-nose parodies in the past (Ronald Grump, anyone?) and Coco isn’t even remotely disparaging. So fuck Hasbro doing another massive overreach and canceling that adorable pony for no good reason!
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@DragonBoi471
1st, again, Miss is a title, and she’s not the first pony to be referred to with one. Miss Cheerilee, recall? Ms. Harshwhinny?
2nd, most characters in fiction don’t even have the first names used throughout G4, so that’s really a total non-issue. Who, outside of FiM & EqG, has a name like Chiffon, Pear, Fizzlepop, Photo, or Flurry, and it isn’t some stage name?
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Avoiding bringing in politics, wasn’t it Coco Chanel’s….history(to put it best) of Nazi involvement that prompted Hasbro to change the name?
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
I’ve always been of the opinion that it’s a good thing they had to rename Miss Pommel. It’s fair to say that at the time they made the character, a lot of what we know about Coco Chanel now wasn’t widely accepted. But in hindsight? Yeah. I prefer my little ponies not being named after people like that, thanks.
If they did want to bring the character back… I don’t know, add an a to make it Cocoa Pommel, give her some chocolate theming to make it work.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Artist -

@Background Pony #E8EF
Judging her from episodes such as No second prances, All bottled up and A horse shoe-in, I’m actually impressed how many people like her regardless of her attitude, her ego and what she has done, like it’s a badge of honor.
The equivalent of G5 would probably be Sprout, but, if Make your Mark (the upcoming show) is gonna be about personal growth (kinda like MLP:FiM… most of the time), I’d like to see these characters actually evolving.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Lord WyrmSpawN
I wouldn’t say self-confidence, more like lack of discipline and lack of social conscience, which seems to be the case after watching A horse shoe-in.
If she had quality features, I would understand why so many people like her. The main character from Great Mouse Detective has a huge ego, but at least he has impressive skills that makes you admire him, like detecting clues, nice deduction skills and he plays the fiddle quite good.
In comparison, Trixie has some visual tricks from Boast Busters, the teleportation skill that got worse every time she uses it, but not much else.
Latecomer

@Ring Team
A lot of people felt she was treated unfairly in her first appearance, which helped feed her fandom. (As did Sethisto at Equestria Daily, which was very big back then, being a huge fan of hers.) And it probably helped that she could be played as either a(n anti)heroine or a villain in fanfic.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Lord WyrmSpawN
In the two episodes All bottled up and A horse shoe-in.
@Latecomer
Maybe, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to give that much attention and that many episodes to a selfish egotistical character in a TV show about personal growth. It doesn’t make sense.
I can understand little mistakes, but when a character intentionally decides to screw things up without any consequences, then what’s the point of rooting for someone?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide