Unpopular opinion time

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Ring Team
Well keep in mind that all those shows have different writing teams with different ideas on the show. Unlike Gravity Falls and Steven Universe, FIM has always been more of a laid back, slice of life series focused more on characters than any high-stake adventures, it’s a different show than those others. I’m glad that it tried its hand at higher stakes adventures but deep down it’s always been a slice of life show.
It’s like you said, people look at things differently because of opinions and this also applies to any mistakes or flaws. Two important things to keep in mind is that not all flaws are the same and what one can see as a flaw others can see it differently. It’s pretty much the reason why Starlight and Sunset have its fanbase rivalry despite both of their redemptions being more or less the same, some like one over the other and vice versa. I don’t like Flurry Heart and I thought she added nothing to the series but other people are fine with her so it’s like whatever. Same things goes with the finale and why it’s loved/hated. But with all that, it just begs the question, what even is consistency?
Background Pony #06D1
Every reformed character was terribly written.
Flurry heart is just a cute baby its weird to dislike a cute baby
its best to move on from this show or at least better to not take it seriously and just have fun, it lacked any consistency to still be discussing it this seriously especially years later. Go and create your own works of fiction with this much analysis here.
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@Background Pony #06D1
as a sunset shimmer i’mma have to ask you to square up.
its best to move on from this show or at least better to not take it seriously and just have fun, it lacked any consistency to still be discussing it this seriously especially years later. Go and create your own works of fiction with this much analysis here.
no.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Background Pony #06D1
no.
Lol I love Sunset and even I agree that her initial redemption was shit. Like they had to make an entire movie to salvage it and get something out of it
Background Pony #06D1
@Ring Team
she helped a dictator because of a injury, plenty peps lose limbs don’t do that and then twilight called her a friend one time and everything was cool. @Myoozik
@Background Pony #06D1
Luna: Nonchalant whistling
became a villain and then became good because of magic, no characterization on her part there.
@Background Pony #06D1
no.
sunset was decent after they started trying to redeem her, problem is she started crying randomly and regreted everything out of nowhere. only one is above subpar, their are much better redemptions in owl house, avatar the last airbender, she-ra, basically most other cartoons plenty more outthere id move on if i were u tbh
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@Background Pony #06D1
crying? out of nowhere?
stop jerking off avatar for zuko.
amity is a basic ass bitch.
AND CATRA? fuck off. catra is the fucking worst and she basically killed glimmer’s mom and was never confronted about it by anybody. fuck off.
@Kiryu-Chan
her redemption wasn’t until RR. she becomes the best charater in the spin-off, the reason even come for EQG.
Background Pony #4C59
Honestly, while stand alone episodes (adventure or slice of life) can go in roughly adequate like-dislike ratio for me depending of the characters and the plot, I found myself not liking any two parters after Twilight’s Kingdom.
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Resident Spin Fetishist
No seriously, fuck Hasbro’s initial plans for G5, which was to basically make the mane six all over again, just with different voice actors and a few race swaps.
Oh, and of course Applejack had to be changed the most because fuck Applejack.
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I would go further and say that Cozy Glow was basically Flowey without all the things and motivations that made him unique. It felt like Josh Haber loved the first minute of Undertale so much and decided to do his own spin without understanding what made Flowey work in the context of that game.
Latecomer

@Ring Team
Some say the lack of a single direction enhances the shows potential. (And isn’t Steven Universe something of a mishmash too?)
And as for not pursuing Starlight… well, there is such a thing as “getting away”. They went there to solve a friendship problem, not scour caves for a dangerous rouge unicorn who might well be shooting to kill… or have teleported away.
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Hmm… wonder if that’s part of why it had so many good episodes? Writers just making the stories they liked the idea of?
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Latecomer
I don’t know, I think this argument would make the Mane 6 really dumb and clueless, and the show already got more than enough episodes in the last 4 seasons where the Mane 6 were either flanderized or doing baffling things just to make other mean characters look like a saint in comparison.
And I’m not mad about it, but I’m genuinely curious of the reasoning behind many questionable creative decisions, especially from Josh Haber. Last year I asked “what’s the goal here?”, because it’s really confusing. I’d like to talk to Josh Haber about why he does some of the things he does, but by no means like outraged or anything like that.
Some people seem to get very upset though.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide