Unpopular opinion time

Sadrai

So some people were upset with about how “ future episodes focused on Snips and Snails” but I disagree since in those specific episodes mainly the buckball ones Snips & Snails were side/support characters they never were the main focus of the plot.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Sadrai
To be honest, I don’t think these complaints about Snips and Snails are that frequent at this point.
And about the whole “these are bad characters” argument… I think we’ve seen worse.
Sadrai

@Myoozik
Well usually on this site or fim fiction or other forums. But I remember seeing a post complaining about them getting focused in future episode & mentioning other characters to as well, ( I won’t name the poster) which I disagree with since they only played secondary/support roles at based.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

The more I read the complaints of The Last Problem, the less I understand them. I think the ending is great.
Josh Haber might be a bad writer, but in his defense I think he knows how to write good epilogues. The Last Problem was the epilogue of this entire show, and On your marks was pretty much an epilogue of Crusaders of the Lost Mark. I also think Twilight’s final conflict fits with the whole ending of the show and also the core concept of friendship.
If it wasn’t for The last laugh, I’d say it’s my favourite episode of season 9.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Ring Team
The only issue I had with “The Last Problem” was them stuffing the CMC in the school as teachers, abandoning all of the skills they had been developing when there was scant evidence that they’d have any interest in teaching full-time.
Plus with all the emphasis on non-ponies integrating into Equestria, a shot of Silverstream as a Wonderbolt would have fit beautifully there.
Apart from that, it was nice.
Ring Team
Artist -

@DoctorWTF
I kinda agree for the most part, but CMC being teachers of the school of friendship is pretty harmless compared to the huge amount of crazy stuff that happened in the last 4 seasons of the show. I think it’s a small thing compared to the rest of the episode. I could say a couple of things about why and how Trixie ended up working in the school, but it’s a very small detail compared to the main story, especially when the song is a 3 minutes long goodbye.
I’m not a huge fan of Silverstream unfortunately, so I have nothing to say about her in The last problem.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I don’t know if this is unpopular but I personally disliked Ticket Master. It just showed how petty and selfish Twilight’s friends were.
Honestly I can see why Twilight didn’t want friends at first if they just acted like that.
I was actually tempted not watch the rest of the show just because of how the others got reduced to being jerks even Fluttershy (which is pretty ooc) for the sake of that lesson.
Of course, in hindsight being on Season 7 it shows how much they’ve grown but man I still think it wasn’t too fun to see them like that.
This is coming from someone who got into the show theough the middle seasons.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I would agree with you if it wasn’t for the fact that it was a season 1 episode. Twilight just met her new friends, so it makes sense that this type of conflict would happen in her new friendship.
Even though they wanted to directly help Twilight just to be a new favourite, it wasn’t petty at all, because at least the actinos of the characters were harmless and funny. Not to mention the conclusion was hilarious.
Background Pony #296A
The only thing I disliked about The Last Problem was the distant finale and Discord twist honestly.
Background Pony #296A
And the whole ‘Twilight moving away to Canterlot and the Mane Six don’t meet up except for once a month’ thing. Really liked the finale song though.
Latecomer

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Humans are mostly petty and selfish creatures ourselves, so for some it’s nice to see that ponies are the same way - others like them to be better. (And at the time, there was still a sense of “this isn’t your baby sister’s My Little Pony!” in the fandom, so avoiding forced niceness seemed a plus.)
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Ring Team
Ah I see. I guess it’s like MCU Iron Man. Him being heroic wouldn’t have meant as much if he didn’t start out so flawed. But we can appreciate how much they have grown later on.
After all I could never see S1 Fluttershy standing up to the Breezies or creating her Animal Sancturay. Or S1 Rainbow being willing to even help Zephyr with his problems or being a wise older sister figure to Scootaloo.
But they grew a lot. In Season 7, these characters have achieved so much since they first met.
Latecomer

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
It’s always good to start characters off with room to grow, although you also have to balance that with making them likeable out of the gate.
(For an example of a character with arguably too few flaws, see AJ. However, while this may have somewhat hindered her in the way of personal stories, it works within the group because she provides stability to balance the more extreme personalities…well, for the most part.)
Background Pony #296A
Maybe it’s just me, but I felt they somehow made Fluttershy lose some empathy towards other sentient races or more selfish when it came to her love for animals in later seasons. Whenever she gets upset or is in an argument it’s always about how it affects the animals. Like in “The Hooffields and McColts”, she cares more about how the animals were affected than helping the two families. Though to be fair, the animals were suffering, but I wouldn’t rate their pain higher than, you know, ending a centuries-spanning feud. In “Sounds of Silence”, she saw the Kirin losing their voice (and empathy) as acceptable if it meant the forest wouldn’t burn down. She only seemed to come around when they tried to do it to her and she realized she wouldn’t be able to talk to her animals anymore if that happened. And there’s also “Bats!”.
Background Pony #296A
@Latecomer
Yeah. Which is why I don’t really hold it against her. But it’s still a little odd to me how prevalent that side of her was brought up in later seasons.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide