Unpopular opinion time

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I wouldn’t say necessarily “kill the fanbase”. It would split it, that’s for sure, but that’s not synonymous with “killing a fanbase”.
If it was for me, I’d like to say NO connections between G4 and G5. I’m glad that the Mane 6 are there as little toys that represented a beautiful idea that Sunny and her father truly believed, nothing more. I even defend some creative decisions the G5 made to give the world more consistency, like how the magical stones allowed the ponies to have magic.
If G4 has proven something as much as possible is that unicorns and pegasus were dangerous. Creating a scenario where earth ponies show inventions to prevent possible problems related to unicorns and pegasus (even though much of it is based on gossip) was much more believable than them having magic and the ability to fly right away.
I don’t like operpowered characters. This prevents this issue and I’m glad they did it.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

@Myoozik
I don’t think the G5 needs descendants from G4. I want new characters, not characters related to the ones we saw in Friendship is Magic.
I said it a million times. Not everything has to be connected.
Background Pony #E35C
@Ring Team
You can keep saying it, but that’s not gonna affect the outcome. If they’re descended, you’ll just have to deal with it.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Ring Team
I mean I’m just theorizing, they could or could not have characters be descendants of the mane 6 in the series. I wouldn’t mind if they did as long as they don’t put too much focus on them.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Do you ever wonder if the title Friendship is Magic gives a wrong impression of the show? After all many times characters solve problems without friends but mostly themselves like in Dragonshy.
Friendship might be a theme in the show but it’s actually not always the main thing about the show. There are other things that take more precedence like personal development.
Vivace
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Friends can help you accomplish personal development. Fluttershy wouldn’t have been catalyzed to solve the conflict with the dragon if not for her friends’ involvement.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I think Friendship is strongly related to personal development in this show. That’s why it’s called Friendship is Magic.
That said, some misleading episodes gave the wrong impression about what the show is. Too many pinkie pies, Tank for the memories (where Rainbow Dash destroys Cloudsdale out of spite), Non-compete clause, A horse shoe-in (where Trixie is suspended for ruining a school and she’s forgiven despite what she did and being too sassy with Starlight after getting mad at her), Yakity-sax (where Pinkie Pie annoys everyone with her weird saxophone), the Daring Do episodes where they repeat the same idea constantly…
Or we can name all the episodes where Starlight manipulates someone or everyone after the end of season 5 and just call it a day.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Myoozik
I would be moderately ok with this idea, but I don’t think it would help. I think it would only increase the demand of asking for even more references to G4, to the point where G5 wouldn’t be a good generation by its own merits. I only ask for new characters, new worlds and new concepts, something that the Netflix animated film did well.
Besides, with the G5 being its own thing, fanart and fanfiction related to G4 will become more popular, which would help these G4 fans gain more traction. It’s a win-win scenario. I don’t want a Season 6 situation in G5, where every character returns for no reason other than “I want her to come back”.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
If they bring back G4 characters like the mane 6, I think it’ll either be through callbacks like the beginning of the G5 movie or it’ll be like Beast Wars where the Maximals go to the Ark. I doubt they’ll slowly have them take over. If they do end up getting big appearances it’ll probably be for specials or events like a crossover of sorts.
Otherwise I doubt they’ll have major characters in the past be brought back
And For the love of christ please keep Discord far away from it
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
In terms of Depth, uniqueness, voice acting, humor, lore, Discord is easily one of the characters with the most of all those things in the series. The only reason id want him to stay away from g5 is from fear that they wouldn’t know how to write him without being the source of a problem. But anyone who thinks hes one of the worst in a series that 90% of the cast don’t get any characterization because of what they see as bad writing here and there, i feel like there misguided on understanding his character but thats my unpopular opinion i guess. Anyways instead of always talking down on someone i created a thread to talk about Discord’s good moments too: https://derpibooru.org/forums/pony/topics/discord-s-best-moments-appreciation-thread
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide