Unpopular opinion time

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@xxzxxzxxzzx
As much as I love Chrysalis, I think she, Tirek and Cozy Glow did enough horrible things to be considered redeemable characters. I think Chrysalis being redeemable shouldn’t be the ultimate solution, because the show has forgiven other characters such as Tempest Shadow, Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer despite what they have done and the show portrayed Chrysalis, Tirek and Cozy as evil villains for the same reasons.
If every character has to be redeemable, then good for it. Steven Universe went to that approach. But it has to be meaningful, creative and it really really has to believe in that conclusion. I don’t think that was the intention with MLP:FiM because, over the seasons, it has a very random and constantly changing context regardless if that context made any sense or not. Their stories, while some of them are good, felt kinda random, out of nowhere and nonsensical, which explains why some people didn’t like season 9 and why the writers made some questionable and poorly made creative decisions. For better or worse, it has a lot of jank. Because of that, I think the show is more senseless than what we’d like to admit.
Friendship is Magic wasn’t as organized and as planned as we wish/say. The team didn’t expect the show to have nine seasons of colorful talking ponies. Also, it got too many hands and too many approaches to the point where the show is rarely at its best. As a result, the show was stuck in a scenario that forces itself to attempt things it wasn’t particularly strong at.
It’s a combination of multiple problems that made Friendship is Magic kinda less focused than other shows.
Background Pony #6B5B
@Background Pony #6B5B
(Replying to myself)
Plenty of cruel shit has happened throughout this series both physically and emotionally but that’s supposed to make think “Damn, maybe I was wrong.” Anyway, Chrysalis and others seem to be getting set free in the comics regardless of your opinion on how ‘canon’ the comics are it’s the only thing still going as far as FiM…unless that was literally the end and in that case I don’t mind the ambiguity.
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Egil
Ah I see the comments are locked.
Never really got the obsession people have with woobification and ignoring what ‘did’ happen in that episode. Yet instead they always fantasize about what they wanted to happen.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Sparx
Cozy Glow gets this a lot. No idea why some of her fans are obsessed with making her innocent.
Me, I like evil characters being evil, I like the Dazzlings, I like them more when they’re evil, people making them innocent doesn’t cut it to me.
Megalobronia
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Nintendo Nerd
Never really got the obsession people have with woobification and ignoring what ‘did’ happen in that episode. Yet instead they always fantasize about what they wanted to happen.
Cozy Glow gets this a lot. No idea why some of her fans are obsessed with making her innocent.
^ I agree with these people ^
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
Like, Chrysalis isn’t worse than someone like Discord who was the entire fucking reason s9 ended how it did. You can’t truly believe Discord is “reformed” beyond having a crush on Fluttershy.
2 years later and I’m still amazed more that more than one person actually looked at that set up and thought “Yep, perfect!”
I don’t even care that Chrysalis and co didn’t get reformed, in the end of the day it just comes off as some really awful attempt at 4D chess by the writing and really just solidified bringing back Discord as the worst mistake the show ever made
Sadrai

I saw a tweet about the new male character in the new mlp film & it’s weird the tweet mentioned how they were hopping that males in G5 would get respected roles & not be Snips & Snails or another Zephyr which was weird to me because what about Spike & Big Mac? Those two were males & had respectable roles also I was weirded out they mention Snips & Snails since there secondary characters at best even weirder was Zephyr since he only appeared a couple times & his negative traits were suppose to be for the conflict of the episode he was in!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide