Unpopular opinion time

Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Kiryu-Chan  
To be fair “everypony” was also stupid from the start. Feels like a gimmick to remind us they’re horses, like naming all their cities with horse puns against all realistic logic. The USA’s capital isn’t WALKington DC, is it?

And then things like “everygriff” and “everydragon” started happening.

Sure, makes (a little) sense for that distinction to exist when there are different species, like some languages have distinctions between ‘all women they’ and ‘all men they.’ But, well.

Meanwhile in the Moria…
“Hello? Anydwarf there?”
“Where’s everyhobbit?”
“Looks like there’s been noelf here for ages.”
“Quiet, I think I heard somehuman move!”
“You know, dying to a Balrog sounds like a good idea right now…”
Algebroot Neogears
Artist -
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
I actually think “everypony” started off as a simple horse pun like the town names, but it later got modified into changing for every species, presumably from some new writers misinterpreting the original reason behind the show using the term.

And once it began changing for referring to individually each different species, that’s when it started to annoy me and it also made the word “everybody” feel even more like an error in dialogue than it ever did before.
Meh brony
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

One magic spider boi
@Background Pony #F622  
Eh they’re not that bad nowadays, sure there was a time when they were particularly obnoxious mainly due to their insistence on giving celestia a massive amount of Ron the death eater treatment however those people were a vocal minority, an obnoxious minority no doubt but still a minority and many of those same people have either grown out of it or moved on to other things, Kinda like how it’s only a tiny minority of starlight and sunset fans who are constantly at each other’s throats.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
Speaking of Luna  
It’s interesting to how a lot of early season characters got disregarded by the writers  
I wonder why. Gilda could have been used more for example
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Don’t  
What annoyed me more wasn’t just the early season characters that were abandoned, but also who they decided to reuse. Gilda only got one episode to come back, Cheerilee was completely abandoned after S2, Diamond Tiara disappeared after S5, we practically had to beg them to bring back Lightning Dust; but was anyone asking for so much Flim Flam, Garble, or Snips and Snails?

Trixie was probably the only character that actually came back due to fan demand and even then I doubt she would have came back if Starlight didn’t exist
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Don’t

I mean, most of the named S1 characters did come back at some point. Most of the S1 background ponies as well. Several of the time getting upgraded to side characters.

It’s really the ones from S2 and onward that got spotty reappearances, if any. Which makes sense to a degree. The more there is to choose from the harder it gets to decide who gets reused.
Background Pony #51D9
I think there should have been an episode where Pinkie learns that her way of fun isn’t everyone’s. The Grand Galloping Gala was a great place to have her learn this, but it got ruined by her learning nothing at all and Celestia endorsing her brand of fun.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Ebalosus  
I like how they don’t even bother with starlight in the comics anymore and just use Trixie Every Time there’s a big group team up or crossover.

Probably because Starlight overlaps too much with Twilight skill and personality wise while Trixie stands out more and adds more to the group dynamic.
Background Pony #51D9
@Latecomer  
I feel not really cause that lesson was more you can’t always befriend everybody, and sometimes that’s okay. Badly done, but still.

Pinkie should have learned that not everyone likes “loud, energetic fun” and that there isn’t just “one” way (ie. her way) to have a party.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Algebroot Neogears  
I don’t get why they decided to remember “everyone” existed in S8’s premiere about once, in a kinda emphasized part where Applejack corrected herself… only to mostly let that fall by the wayside in favor of “everycreature” and “anycreature.”

It’s even more jarring considering Tempest would specifically use “everybody” and “everyone” as a subtle indication that she was distanced from ponykind, up until the resolution, where she used “everypony.”
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Since I still have The Mean Six on the mind, I wonder how a Mean Starlight would be like if a clone of her was ever created. What would the opposite of her be like?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide