Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #E848
@LightningBolt  
Oh, ok, good for you then.

Pseudo is quite a word, since it means artificial or not natural.

Good for using it because just using plain “incest” is kind of stereotyping the ship wrong.

If Rarity raises Spike, it would be pseudo-incest as well, and the ship can be better like that than love for first sight or just looks (Friendship is magic, remember? Not romance at first sight), but it isn’t to be honest, but AU can have you that.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Background Pony #E848  
No romance at first sight, but it’s kinda funny how almost all the romances we’ve seen this far are this basic because of this, like the EG films, Simple Ways or that Big Mac crush (I forgot her name).

I think the only couples that made sense were Shining Armor and Cadence from A Canterlot Wedding and Applejack’s parents. The first one was mostly developed by Twilight’s flashbacks and clever writting. In A perfect pear, I mean… what else are they gonna do?

Although I think my only issue with that couple and the episode is that I wish I saw a progresion and some motivations of why these two ponies love each other. These two decided to be in love and that’s all I guess. I think this is the result of MLP writers not knowing how to write interesting romances. That’s why we got a romance subplot in Legend of Everfree. And I still like the movie.
Background Pony #14A1
@Ring Team  
romance subplot in Legend of Everfree?

Can you extend it?

No romance at first sight, but it’s kinda funny how almost all the romances we’ve seen this far are this basic because of this  
this is the result of MLP writers not knowing how to write interesting romances  
Well, Spike swooning is also the one started vulnerability for Hasbro to go against Faust’s values, because romance matters than you’d ever think, especially in the shows with a main female protagonist and a male sidekick, aka Twi and Spike (damn, could have been Kim Possible-esque for the better), I am not sure wether if it is Faust’s or Hasbro’s idea of that kind of romance that was meant to be a silly joke.  
If Faust did, then it is her very mistake, but if Hasbro, then there is a finger to point at.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

@Background Pony #14A1  
In the film, Geek Twilight meets a guy and they suddenly have some awkward dialogue. I don’t know what it is, but they talk like they are from an ad or like a couple from a generic romantic film. He’s also not very interesting. What does he have? A lamp recreating his face?

That said, I don’t think it’s a big problem, because the film is still decent. And I really like Geek Twilight and Sunset Shimmer here.

About Spike, I’m not sure what happened between Hasbro and Lauren Faust, but if we’re going to do something with Spike in terms of romance, I kinda prefer him accepting Rarity as a platonic love. A love he knows he can’t get for very obvious reasons.
Background Pony #E848
@Ring Team  
Glad you see them as platonic, but my, many fans can let their genitals run wild at times.

A good relationship does control population in the world in healthy rate.

I dont care about EQG that much but the drama from it back then… I suspect it was caused by the ambiguity of Spike’s relationships, and turn him into just a mere pet is very racistly insulting to dragons to me.
Ring Team
Artist -

I think people like Sparity because many of us have been in love with a mature person as a kid. Also, some of the Sparity fanart show an older Spike, so that’s cool as long as it’s not a kid (for example, I like the animatic of Fine like wine, with the exception of the explicit content from the original fanfiction).

But if it’s just because they really really want that in a TV show for kids, then I don’t think it could be a good idea. The show needed other priorities.

I don’t think Spike was treated as a pet. Yeah, he’s different from other ponies in Ponyville (as well as Canterlot) and different from other “cool” dragons. But that doesn’t mean he’s not treated as a friend. The Mane 6 like him as a friend, he has other friends such as Big Mac and Discord, sometimes he helps Rarity, etc. And many times he’s the voice of reason of Twilight.
Background Pony #E848
@Ring Team  
Define “mature person”, Twilight and other Mane 6 are “mature person” as well, except for RD and PP sometimes.

People can be slaves of canon rather than appropriateness, until the fandom drama of EQG movie… tables had turned after the turmoil.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Background Pony #E848  
When I said “mature”, I mean adult. I think some kids have been in love with an adult but they knew it wasn’t possible. For example, one of my family members, when he was a kid many years ago, he said “one day I wanna marry Shakira”.

About the fandom, it depends. I’m gonna be the first to admit I wasn’t patient with some fans many years ago, especially in seasons 4, 5 and 6. But now, if I don’t like a MLP episode or an EG film, I just ignore it. Not everyone is a saint, but not everyone is a dick.

And, as I see, some people really love the EG content. You just have to see the fanart with hundreds of upvotes in this website. It’s not something for me, but it’s cool.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Not sure how unpopular an opinion this is, but given how much I’ve seen it around, I’m against any more seasons of FiM being made. S9 was as good a place as anywhere to end this iteration of MLP. Hell, I’m surprised it even made it to 9 seasons.
Dex Stewart
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Ebalosus  
I feel like FiM had more it could’ve explored,but it probably had zero intent to,so yeah. Glad it ended before turning into bland nothing.  
I wish Pony Life could stick around a while longer though.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Dex Stewart

Oh for sure it could’ve explored more, like more Kirin stuff or Zecora’s homeland, for example; but for what it did explore, I’m pretty happy. I mean, we finally got out Celestia episodes, and Sunset Shimmer coming back to Equestria (if only temporarily), the things I really wanted to see before the show wrapped up.
Background Pony #E848
@Ebalosus  
MLP:FiM is one of the few lucky shows to got to had a proper finale, many other shows get cancelled or bad finale or terrible later seasons, or end in cliffhanger (rip Teen Titans).
Ring Team
Artist -

I think Friendship is Magic should have ended with 3 or 4 seasons. I’d save some of the best episodes from the next seasons and put them in the seasons 3 and 4, with some time dedicated to Chrysalis and new villains, some time to show some world-bulding, no filler episodes, maybe putting there Tempest Shadow and all her character arc from the movie, an ultimate battle with Twilight VS Chrysalis and Crusaders of the Lost Mark as the final episode.

I wish the show had someone like Alex Hirsch and Rebeca Sugar, but it is what it is. We can always dream.

Maybe it’s me, but I don’t like looong TV shows. Anime can be like that, not to mention most animes are the same, with the same swords, the same “nani?!” screams, the same “baaaaaka” screams, the same fanservice, the same dumb characters, the same “too serious it’s boring” characters, the same redundant dialogue, the same romances that are there because they’re the main characters, etc.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Sparx  
I think the last shonen I’ve watched was Kill la Kill, and that was in 2014. Since then, I only watch one episode to see if it’s convincing. One Punch Man? One episode. My Hero Academia? One episode. Little Witch Academia? One episode. Attack on Titan? Three episodes, but that was because my cousin love it.
Background Pony #E848
@Ring Team

Lol, maybe we might had grown beyond the age of being interested in these animes.

And it differs for each people, guess my interest in Animes expired as well.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide