Unpopular opinion time

Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@WyrmSpawN  
Does Satsuki, a teenager, not get beaten up, captured and finger fucked without consent by her own mother?

And The mother brainwashed her other daughter and has a threesome with her.

Unless the definition of rape has changed, That’s fucking rape.

And yes, It was played off as fanservice. Creepy creepy fanservice.
Background Pony #E406
@Wiimeiser  
Never read past sins and never plan to butO heard it was decent enough. What makes nyx so bad is the oversaturation. MLD really couldn’t be oversaturated because, at its heart, its just a cute rainbow dash story. We could always use more cute dash. Nyx, on the other hand, is a whole new Alicorn OC back in an era when we seemed to get a new one every week. Between that, the spam of images literally everywhere and the cheap, kinda lazy way writers would just shoehorn her out of nowhere into their fanfics for no reason really ticked a lot of people (myself included) off. At some point, everyone back then got to their limit where they just say ‘go away already’ when they saw a nyx image. No one was ever going to say that to a pic of a small rainblw dash being cute.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Terminal Red  
Yes, but she’s not the main character, and i don’t think it’s played for fanservice just by being sexy(in ones own view), it’s pretty dark scene in context and nothing is added to make the moment less so.

And it’s not just done for kicks, Satsuki combating that depraved evil is a core aspect of her character.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Terminal Red  
Yeah, I forgot about that! Why are people ok with scenes like this?

And it’s not only this anime. There’s an anime where a guy realizes that her little sister is addicted to eroges. They hated each other, but from what I understand it, they married each other at the end of that show.

I don’t know why incest is a thing in animes, and I’m not sure if it’s a fetish in Japan, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Makoto Shinkai would make a movie about that in a weird positive way.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Ring Team  
I dunno. It’s gross, I hate it and I’ll immediately ditch a manga or show that does that shit but I ain’t for censorship or canceling creators for not catering to me either.

I just don’t like when it sneaks up on you. First 10 episodes could be relatively typical shonen with a bit of blood and fanservice but nothing serious but then there’ll be a moment where shit takes a turn and gets inexplicably dark and rapey that completely clashes with the mood and flow of the narrative. It’s become so ubiquitous that I always research media before I decided to read or watch now.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Yeah, it’s weird.

I’m not sure why these scenes or concepts like this exist in the form of a really popular anime. However, considering that I have tons of alternatives that are more appealing than anime, I don’t have any reasons to start a change dot org petition to censor anything. I don’t.

Speaking about that, it’s also really weird that the people who defend freedom in the creation of fictional works in thread discussions are only defending it when there’s underaged characters or lolicons in suggestive clothes. I know a guy who only does that (it’s not in Derpibooru) and most of their arguments are basically semantic issues where he toys with some words and not giving a reasonable point of why japanese games should keep having underaged characters or lolicons in suggestive clothes.

I think this is how this kind of people survive, because talking this way perpetuates a lot of issues that they don’t care.

Weird.
Background Pony #F374
@Ring Team  
Honestly, the hole argument about lolicon’s is naturally creepy, especially when you find out that Japan has a very serious sexual harassment problem, and the way it’s handle is very sad too….
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Ring Team  
It’s not for me. I’m not gonna demand an entire culture change it’s industry or alter the way they make things because it squicks me out.

I’ll just vote with my wallet and not purchase it.
Background Pony #2A28
@Terminal Red  
I know it’s a stretch, but think about it. One of the most popular tropes in anime nowadays, is to have have this loser be sent to another world were the loser has this harem of hot women following him around. Most of the young men in Japan are incels and jobless. When you’re watching something constantly enables your mindset, it does start to cause problems.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Background Pony #2A28  
I don’t like using the word “hate” because I hate very few things in my life. But I hate this trope.

I wouldn’t be surprised if people who love this concept got offended when they hear people saying they don’t like it.
Background Pony #2A28
@Ring Team  
I don’t like the trope either. There is exception to the isekai trope. But most likely there’s gonna be useless fanservice, and a stupid harem who loves the main character for no actually good reasons. Funny with those stupid harems there most likely gonna have a loli in it.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Background Pony #2A28  
This sound a lot like those “Video games turn people violent because violent people sometimes play Video game’s” arguments. Lame.

Anime is fantasy. Most people can distinguish fantasy from reality and are no more enabled or encouraged by it then you and I would be from reading a novel.

Iseki itself, the genre of a modern protagonist finding himself in a videogame fantasy world is just the latest fad. Some people who feel alienated or stressed out from modern Japanese society may find it a particularly appealing form of escapism but it’s by no means the cause or an aggravating factor in the Isolation of Japanese youth.

Trying to blame any one thing for such a complicated issue, especially a cartoon, Is the big dumb.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
On the topic of anime, I’ve noticed that shows like Fullmetal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, and Jujutsu Kaisen, don’t really have “fanservice moments”. And those shows actually have good writing too. Plus, the animes I’ve listened, only two of the three of them have female authors.
Ring Team
Artist -

I also don’t think that we have to blame everything to anime. My main complain about the genre is the agressive community, repetitive dialogue, the power fantasy, the lack of originality and the lack of effort of asking for original content.

I think most of these issues are present because it’s a cultural thing. They’re there because, among many other elements that reinforce it, it’s socially accepted. I’m from a country where it’s socially accepted to hear everyday autotunes music with misogynistic lyrics. That type of music is everywhere. Little shops, big commercial centres, etc. One of my family members says that she’s very feminist, but at the same time she loves hearing that type of music I mentioned. Is that a lack of responsibility and self-criticism? Yes, but it’s socially accepted.
Background Pony #2A28
@Terminal Red  
I’m sorry,but I’m gonna have to disagree. You would be surprised how some of those people can’t separate reality to fiction. I’m not saying it’s anime fault that the youth is extremely depressed over there, but there are some animes out there that could actually be more helpful than harmful. Unfortunately, those aren’t the most popular as of late.
Background Pony #F374
@Ring Team  
I agree. Every country has it’s problems, and Japan’s biggest one is the whole “It is what it is, so deal with it” attitude. Simply looking stuff up, you see women aren’t treated with respect over there. Child abuse is also very high as well. Watching anime, those are like the highest tropes in them.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Background Pony #F374  
Yeah, it’s really bad. I’ve read some news two months ago that there’s a strong political group in Japan that starts to accept women in their reunions with one condition: No talking.

I don’t wanna mention these news here because I’m not into politics. I’m just saying it to agree with you.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide