Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Not gonna lie I probably should have spent my 20s in education instead of attending a half dozen pone cons a year, so that’s a valid observation. I don’t like any other franchises (well Pokémon and LoZ are cool) so not even that but I wasted my time socializing and trying to make friends since I’ve come to realize friendship and socialization is irrelevant to the future I wish to achieve. Which, at 30, is a future of isolating myself and doing as little as possible until the sweet day of glorious death.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Don’t get me wrong I had pretty big friend groups (and even still, stopping only because of covid, host weekend meetups) but slowly but surely all of them dissolved into bickering, in-fighting and personal attacks eventually, getting constantly caught in the crossfire; that’s unnecessary stress I don’t need

I don’t regret being in the fandom and had a ton of fun times, but surely I coulda spent those ten years on something more meaningful like saving $ or finding a career I don’t hate. Oh well
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I’ll be honest I always found Rainbow Dash in Season 1 to be very unlikeable. I always how Rarity is always everyone’s least favorite pony when Rainbow can be such a jerk. I remember Dragonshy.

At least Rarity showed selflessness with her dresses and cunning with the Diamond Dogs.

I can understand why. Dash is a character who is very easy to make a jerk but I’ll be honest I wish they would’ve given her more admirable moments to balance out her harsher side.

Also I always felt a little annoyed at season 1, how they always made Pinkie Pie the one that was in the right. Like in Swarm of the Century, where Pinkie instead of learning a lesson in how to explain yourself better, she gets off scot-free, even though she gave no good reason why the others should listen to her.

Overall I think if G5 comes around I think they need to be careful not to make one character TOO negative. Maybe give her a soft side torwards others to balance it out. Maybe have Rainbow visit her fanclub in season 1.
Latecomer

@EquusStorm  
Or you could have saved money to lose it unexpectedly, or gone down a line of work you hated even more.

I’m sorry your friendships ended badly - that happens sometimes, and it sucks. But the ones that don’t are worth trying.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
@Latecomer  
True. Had a lot of fun and didn’t actively ruin anything so was probably worth it in the end. The state of the world rn has made career choosing a risky thing anyway.

I’m fine with the few I’ve chosen to keep but I get super socially exhausted talking to anyone and need like a week break from people. Lord knows I’ve got a ton of unread DMs here and there I just don’t want to respond to.
Latecomer

@EquusStorm  
Different people need different amounts of “me time” vs social time - lord knows I’m on the high end myself, although the Internet has blurred it a bit. Kind of wish the show had tackled that at some point…
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
@Latecomer  
I’ve been able to be sociable and outgoing at conventions pretty decently but even that seems to be fading with time. It seems to be getting worse with a continual retreat to isolation and cutting ties with previous friends, and losing any and all interest in doing anything at all, but that’s a story for another tread haha

PONIES ARE GOOD THO. Even if I finally changed most social media pfps back from pony just for a change of pace
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@EquusStorm
Different people need different amounts of “me time” vs social time - lord knows I’m on the high end myself, although the Internet has blurred it a bit. Kind of wish the show had tackled that at some point…

“A Friend in Deed” did more or less that with Cranky.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Brass Beau

Yeah, well, that’s one way to explain it, of course. I’ve had the same idea. But still, Steam Gauges don’t work that way. Even if they use a color code instead of numbers. At least none that I’ve ever seen in all my years in the industry. And I had already had a lot to do with blast furnaces and other parts of heavy industry. Nowadays, it’s mostly all digital, but still, I’ve never come across something like that. ;-)

That being said, I actually was just trying to make a joke at the expense of my German heritage. Namely, that we Germans sometimes take things a little too seriously. Especially when it comes to technology. Therefore, I stand by my original statement: Das ist NICHT korrekt! ;-D
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Cosmas-the-Explorer

Thank you. I’m doing my part to live up to that reputation. ;-)

Of course, I am fully aware that at the end of the day it is always economists who decide how good a product really is. The best technology, the highest ambitions, and all the hard work are of no use if the top management decides that the budget is either too low, the product too expensive, or too good to be “economically useful”. In other words, a German washing machine will probably break down just as quickly as a non-German one. Unless it’s a MIELE. Don’t ask me why, but this is still real German engineering. ;-)

I myself am actually just a normal state-certified technician specialized in electrical engineering. But I have worked for many different companies in heavy industry over the course of my life. Like many of my colleagues, I program and install so-called PLC technology - devices that are used to control or regulate a single machine or entire manufacture systems.  
This technology can be used almost anywhere in any industry, which is why my employers have sent me and my team all over the world to make things happen. Well. Before Corona, of course. At the moment we are sitting at home and have to quarantine almost after every big job. There’s still time for a little home office. That’s just the way times have changed at the moment. ;-)

But that may not belong here now. Of course, if there are any further questions, I’m always happy to answer privately via PM. :-)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide