Unpopular opinion time

Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Latecomer  
Most do,I usually stuck to more show accurate toys, actually even as a kid if a toy didn’t look like what it was supposed to,I had a problem with it.  
full  
What the bloody hell is that on his chest? His Power Coin? Isn’t it supposed to be on his freaking belt?!
ShadowBolt Platinum

Don't lose your way!
I prefer Starlight Glimmer and Sunburst’s friendship over Starlight Glimmer and Trixie’s. It helps that Luster Dawn resembles Starlight Glimmer and Sunburst’s child.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Latecomer

Well, some of them, certainly. Others, like me, do not. It’s all a question of advertising and distribution. For example, in all these years I have hardly ever seen a single MLP product here. Apart from some sweets, few playsets and poorly produced plushies. To make a long story short, large parts of the European market have not even been considered by Hasbro in my opinion. Germany, for example, is the country of board games. This was and still is the only product range that Hasbro takes seriously. If I had went to a toy store and asked for a plushie as a man over 30 and now 40, noone would have known what I meant.

Of course, I can’t speak for online sales right now. In many things the fandom itself has taken care of this. And partly much better than Hasbro could ever have done. But if the parent company has virtually no self-awarenessabout its own product, how can you seriously value their opinion? ;-)
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I prefer Starlight Glimmer and Sunburst’s friendship over Starlight Glimmer and Trixie’s. It helps that Luster Dawn resembles Starlight Glimmer and Sunburst’s child.

I’m still of the mindset that they only brought back Trixie to prop up starlight
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
I like DWK’s version of Sunburst more than the show version. This has given me mixed feelings about the character.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Ring Team  
“An OC from the fake series finale” according to some people. “Starlight and Sunburst’s kid” according to others.

Question for y’all: d’ya think EqG would have been better if they cut the magic malarkey after Rainbow Rocks and stuck to slice-of-life? Some of the specials really felt like the magical girl stuff was tacked on.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I don’t know, I didn’t like Sunset Shimmer until the fourth movie, which made me really like that character. And, even though I’m not a fan of Rainbow Rocks, I like that everyone disliked her because of the events from the previous film, because it shows the result of some cuestionable decisions of the character, which is kinda neat.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Vivace  
Not particularly. The characters had good chemistry and with some retooling, all of the driving conflicts could have remained. Plus, Sci-Twi was already redundant. I would have preferred she remained with Crystal Prep and the Shadow 5. Plus, friendship lasers were used enough in the main show. I’d think it’d be more interesting for the EqG crew to not solve half their problems that way.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I forget, did the show ever again show pegasi cutting through things after Secret of My Excess, where they’d cut through Giant Spike’s spines?

@Brass Beau

“An OC from the fake series finale” according to some people.

Reminds me of the “scholarly” talking point of “S9 is canon but the series finale was a hoax.”
Dex Stewart
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@AC97  
@DarkObsidian  
Years from now,there’ll be a new series,MLP:Super,that does consider the finale non-canon,and also will introduce a bunch of new Princesses,and the fans will all debate wether or not Pony Life fits into continuity or not.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
Please elaborate as I do not understand.

@AC97  
I didn’t even remember them doing that so my guess is no.

@Dex Stewart  
And there’s a giant interdimensional tournament where all the generations have to fight each other. I’m in.
Latecomer

@Brass Beau  
The magical girl stuff makes it cooler and more exciting? A lot of the shorts dropped it and were really forgettable? It’s hard to see how any of the less interesting specials would be more interesting without magic?
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Brass Beau
The magical girl stuff makes it cooler and more exciting? A lot of the shorts dropped it and were really forgettable?

The shorts were some of the best moments imo, not to mention Holidays Unwrapped was one of the best specials imo and had none of the magic stuff. Thing with the main specials were that they were designed entirely around the magical girl aspect. Only ones I could see improving without it are the Movie Magic trilogy and Rollercoaster of Friendship, former because Mirror Magic could have been so much better just focusing on Sunset and Starlight hanging out without the crappy villain battle, and RoF was already suffering from Valencia being a shitty villain and having a magic phone didn’t improve much
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
Friendship Games would have put more emphasis on the expectations placed on Sci-Twi, not just on her by Crystal Prep but in comparison to Princess Twilight. It’s a story about someone finding and establishing who she is and the lengths she’d go to for that.  
Legend of Everfree is basically a Scooby-Doo plot.  
Dance Magic and Movie Magic didn’t really feature magic all that much and Mirror Magic could have Juniper use more mundane means to enact revenge.  
Forgotten Friendship could have Wallflower spread misinformation and turn opinion on Sunset (although I was pretty okay with the use of magic here. The transformation and friendship laser for destroying a rock was a little much, though.)  
Rollercoaster of Friendship is basically Rarity putting her trust in the wrong person and not giving attention to her best friend.  
Not sure how to rework Backstage Pass without turning the whole thing into a series of Pinkie screw ups before she learns that if she wants to make her friends happy she needs to slow down and take their wants into consideration (which should have been the moral anyway.)  
Holidays Unwrapped didn’t really need it, either.  
I guess I just enjoy the character drama and the heroes using ingenuity to overcome the obstacles they face. Might just be me that enjoys that, though.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide