Unpopular opinion time

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
character you all think is … not as bad as people make out

Starlight before season eight, Discord since season eight.

@Don’t

I remember, I laughed just as hard during the season six finale as ACRacerest in Bronies React. And then during the whole hiatus during season six and seven and even with Celestial Advice I was so mad about the design and the voices. But To Change a Changeling and the introduction of Ocellus in season eight have reconciled me with the Changedlings.

If I want the old changelings back, I’ll play Equestria at War, build tanks and roll over the border to Equestria. Long live the Queen! ;-)
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I think both of the changeling designs have their pros and cons, but I’ve warmed up to the reformed ones. I’m still not a fan of the color schemes though.

@Vivace  
Not hated enough? Oof…
LeoNero
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Shine On U Crazy Diamond
@Myoozik  
It took me awhile to get used to the reformed changelings. I think once we started to get more Changeling related episodes, seeing more of Thorax and introducing Pharynx and Ocellus. I warmed up to them quite nicely.
Sadrai

So instead of picking the two characters I usually say when I describe who I think is over hated I’m going to pick Mudbriar.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
Horses, zebras and donkeys can interbreed but have infertile children. Hippogriffs have the front half of a bird and back half of a horse. Therefore, hippogriffs can mate with horses but any children will be incapable of reproducing.
That Little Faggot with the Earring and the Makeup
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Entry Of The Chameleons
i don’t get the appeal of sunset shimmer/starlight glimmer/pinkie pie/diamond tiara/big macintosh/shining armor/{insert your favorite fim/eqg character heer} day. like, what purpose does honoring a stupid cartoon character serve? does it bring awareness to a cause or problem, any remembrance to some landmark or milestone, a time of reflection, or anything of the like? is there a reason beyond “I love this character, let’s throw a party in their honor!”? why? it’s just a stupid fucking cartoon! we don’t need that; that’s what landmarks, milestones, and historical are for. we venerate a person, place, or thing that represents or symbolises some sort of advancement or achievement in history. we even in do so on a smaller scale–in our personal lives: birthdays, graduations, winning a contest, weddings, getting promoted, etc. we shouldn’t squander or time throwing a party on a show no one outside its target demographic or fandom will remeber, much less a show from which the fans learn absolutely nothing.

so no “Happy Birthday, Friendship Is Magic” from me. i figured there’s no point of taking part in a fandom that’s gone to shit many times over and is practically on life support at this point. i miss the golden years of the fandom (which would be 2011 to 2012, by the way), where there was more unity and solidarity between one another despite one’s differences. now there is only animosity and treachery where ponies are involved. and just on this site alone, i can attest to the nightmare that differences in opinion and hostility towards dissenting or unpopular thinking brings about; no need to bring up the season five finale drama here (or anywhere), which dragged the fandom down to its nadir and brought out the worst in even the supposedly most wholesome people. I get sick to my stomach just thinking about that. i would not have much of a problem with happy x pony day or anything of that sort if that weren’t the case.

turns out when i get involved in the fandom (even here) it tends to bring the worst out of me; i do better in life when i am not exposed to all the venom here. hence the lengthy hiatuses i take. it’s refreshing to get out and unwind and forget all this bullshit. so don’t expect me to drop by frequently, being obsequious or florid just to please you, getting all buddy-buddy with you guys and gals. i won’t miss most any of you when this site dies.

i love ponies, but not you. goodbye.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@That Little Faggot with the Earring and the Makeup

>little animosity between 2011 and 2012

Are you high?! Off the top of my head, we had: Faust leaving the show, Luna’s new design, Mysterious Mare-Do-Well (and Merriweather Williams in general), mother fucking Derpygate, CherriMac vs FlutterMac, Twilight’s never seen before brother, and another alicorn being added to the show.

All of those caused division and infighting to one degree or another, and I know those were controversial at the time because I was fucking there! This is why I wish Ponibooru and all the comments were still around, because then people with nostalgia-poisoning would see that it wasn’t all sunshine-and-rainbows during season 2.

I grant you that Twilicorn followed by EQG were the biggest controversies to happen to this fandom, but them happening doesn’t mean that the earlier controversies disappear.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
I feel like Big Mac is going to feel a disconnect with his kid at some point since they’re different types of pony.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Red-Supernova

Same, as I still encounter quite a few former fans, and like with those you’ve encountered, they’ll mention why they quit the show when they did. Hell, the guy who got me into the show, Chad Rocco of TGWTG fame, quit the show before the ending of season 2, and has been quite critical of it ever since; so the idea that season 2 was some halcyon days of the fandom is complete bullshit.

I think far too many people let the one-two-three punch of Twilicorn, Equestria Girls, and Glimglam cloud their judgement of season 2 (if they were around then), hence their tendency to downplay the controversies therein.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide