Unpopular opinion time

Sadrai

@DoctorWTF  
Yeah I get discord can be wild but most of the time other mane 6 besides Fluttershy didn’t treat him as a friend, at least he became friends with Big Mac and Spike.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Hali the Emoji girl

The thing that made them seem inherently one-note to the point of more screentime not mattering is that unlike Mean Twilight, aside from their entire personalities being centered around about one thing, they never showed any evidence of being able to make any real long-term goals (which contrasts all of the Mane Six), and they were, far as we could tell, incapable of abstaining from their vices due to nonexistent impulse control.

Applejack: Rarity, what in the hay are you gonna do with a fishin’ rod?
Mean Rarity: I don’t know. But I wants it!
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Sadrai  
I get that the writers thought season three would be it so following up Discord’s reformation may not have been on their minds. However, outside of Starlight, Fluttershy and Twilight, he never showed any interest in getting to know the others. That was the biggest mistake regarding his character. Especially after the episode with Treehugger or becoming friends with Spike and Big Mac.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Wasn’t Derpy’s original name intended to be Ditzy?  
I’d definitely say of any potential name I like Derpy the best.
Sadrai

Yeah Derpy I think is the name I know her must well by and think is the best name for her, also I just realized did Derpy actually talk all that much in Mlp because despite being a fan favorite she never really did much in the show? Also I just realized Snips an Snails actually have more speaking lines than Derpy now that I think about it.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Dex Stewart  
@Sadrai  
In the original script it was changed from Ditzy Doo to Derpy as a shout out to the fans. After the controversy she disappeared for a bit. She gradually got more lines but never all that many.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Sadrai

No, her original name was probably background pegasus #5 or something like that. “Derpy” is the name the fans came up for her, like with a lot of other fan pony names.

Anyone else remember the annoyance at the “Hearstrings” annoyance for Lyra’s ‘merch’ name? Same sort of deal with Derpy…though with much less controversy on either side.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Sadrai  
Her first voice part got botched,the VA gave a cute,but deep and slurred voice. A few people freaked out thinking it was mocking retarded people. Hasbro redid the scene,removing her name and relooping her voice. Fans didn’t care for the new voice,and they decided to just have her be silent from then on. Until Slice of Life,and a few after.  
Pony Life had Fluttershy call her Muffins,but the scene to me looks like Fluttershy gets her name wrong and then slams the door in her face before she can correct her.  
Merchandise would sometimes just have a picture of a muffin instead of a name.
Sadrai

Thanks for all your answers guys also when I was first getting into the fandom I kept seeing Derpy even before I started watching the show an I thought she was a main or at least bigger character I was shocked when I learned she was a minor character.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Ebalosus  
@Dex Stewart  
@Sadrai

Hard to say if it was an animation error or an animator having a laugh but being cross eyed is what made her so popular. Ditzy Doo was a character mentioned in Winter Wrap-up but wasn’t going to be confirmed as the same character until The Last Roundup. Her name in the script for that episode was changed to Derpy. Tabitha thought the character was a boy and based the voice on her neighbor’s son, who always sounded sleepy. That’s why the voice was low and the speech slow. Derpy has been used as a slur for neuro-divergent people and combined with the affectation, upset parents. Hasbro then had the name cut and voice work redone to quell any accusations of bigotry. The name Muffins was chosen based on a throw away line the character said in Applebuck Season. Since the brony fandom was upset by the changes to The Last Roundup, Hasbro had opted to use an image of a muffin instead of a name on toy packaging for the character.

I think that covers things. With everything that happened, I’m certain that the character is fully retired from the franchise.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Dex Stewart  
Correction: After G5 begins I do not think a cross-eyed, pegasus mare with a grey coat, long blonde mane and bubbles for a cutie mark will appear as a character within the franchise again. I could be wrong, though.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Sadrai
Pony Life had Fluttershy call her Muffins,but the scene to me looks like Fluttershy gets her name wrong and then slams the door in her face before she can correct her.
Merchandise would sometimes just have a picture of a muffin instead of a name.

There’s a Phoenix Wright/MLP crossover which in one scene pokes fun at her undefined name. Whatever name Wright calls her, she gets pissed and claims it’s something else:

Turnabout Storm

It’s long, but pretty good overall.

@Brass Beau  
@Dex Stewart
Correction: After G5 begins I do not think a cross-eyed, pegasus mare with a grey coat, long blonde mane and bubbles for a cutie mark will appear as a character within the franchise again. I could be wrong, though.

I though Hasbro said we’d be getting all new ponies in G5. I just hope that if that if we do see any familiar faces, they’ll be used properly and not just shoehorned in for half-assed fan service.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide