Unpopular opinion time

Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
I remember back when the fandom defended Discord’s redemption so much

Is MLPforums still around?
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
I found the dynamic between Discord and Fluttershy particularly fun to watch. I wouldn’t have minded more effort made to develop his relationship with the other characters.
Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@Hali the Emoji girl  
I actually enjoyed some of the comedy around discord, don’t think people should be too hard on the character there’s been at least 2 decent episodes with them.

I do often hear of people disliking him though, oh well /shrug
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@AC97  
One of my friends told me this, but he said that Mean Twilight and to a lesser extent the rest of the Mean 6 would have had some good potential to be recurring antagonists to the main ones, and I definitely agree with him there.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
I actually always imagined the Mean Six for years before they even debuted  
Granted the ones in my imagination were Males but the whole concept is almost like the one in the show that it’s kinda weird

I also imagined a character that’s almost like the Storm King, except weaker and more of an geopolitical threat than a conquerer

It’s why how My imagination almost predicted stuff that happened in the show
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@asdtroi
Honestly Im fine with Cozy not being redeemed.
Same

@Myoozik

Mean Twilight especially had potential there. I can remember a friend enjoying her personality (kinda live reactiony), where she was poking holes in Chrysalis’ logic, taunting her, as the first things she did, and being disappointed that she… well, died. I’m kinda inclined to agree, especially on the count of appreciating her personality.

The others were less interesting, but you could tell that the voice actresses had fun with them either way.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Discord should have stayed imprisoned in stone; did the show even need him as a reoccurring character? Celestia said they could use his powers for good but what has he actually done?
Funnily enough Discord’s progression follows Q’s progression throughout TNG and Voyager, where what was once an existential and compelling menace turned into a jokey trickster-god that would occasionally mess with the main characters, but whose episodes you could largely ignore due to their self-contained nature.

A Q-like character does suit MLP better than Trek IMO, but I do feel that he was overused to a degree.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Ebalosus  
I wouldn’t say over used so much as underutilized. His schtick was using his magic and being antagonistic. Had he been shown interacting on a personal level with characters other than Twilight or Fluttershy, he could have gained a little more depth. His friendship with Spike did wonders for his character. I’d imagine an Applejack episode would have taught him some humility and that magic isn’t always the answer and Rarity could have taught him how to read a situation and act accordingly. A Pinkie episode probably would fall on the line of “it’s only fun if everyone is enjoying themselves” and a RD episode could easily be about determination and the hollowness of victory through cheating. No idea what an episode with him and Celestia would be like.
Sadrai

I honestly think Spike is a bigger simp than Snips and Snails since he was simping for Rarity most of the show plus he is one the main characters.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Hali the Emoji girl  
Yeah, that episode was one of the few instances where I genuinely had some sort of sympathy or even relatability to the guy, it’s too bad that future episodes didn’t decide to follow up with that.

@AC97  
I mean they were the opposite of the elements, makes sense that they’d be lacking in the character department but if they would’ve been used more, then we would’ve seen their characters shine a bit more.

@Dustcan  
Feels bad man
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Ebalosus
I wouldn’t say over used so much as underutilized. His schtick was using his magic and being antagonistic. Had he been shown interacting on a personal level with characters other than Twilight or Fluttershy, he could have gained a little more depth. His friendship with Spike did wonders for his character. I’d imagine an Applejack episode would have taught him some humility and that magic isn’t always the answer and Rarity could have taught him how to read a situation and act accordingly. A Pinkie episode probably would fall on the line of “it’s only fun if everyone is enjoying themselves” and a RD episode could easily be about determination and the hollowness of victory through cheating. No idea what an episode with him and Celestia would be like.

Most intriguing. Perhaps if somepony other than Fluttershy had actually treated him as a friend, he wouldn’t have felt the need to play sick to get attention. Or cave in to Tirek’s temptation.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide