Unpopular opinion time

Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
Please allow me to explain my feelings on Pinkie Pie.  
Her character revolves around interacting with others. She needs a foil to operate effectively. That means an episode focusing on her is focusing on her relationship to another character. I find the most memorable episodes tend to emphasize the other character developing and growing. And that’s sometimes ruined when Pinkie is objectively in the wrong for not considering other ponies desires. It’s not a constant problem, but it is one, in my unpopular opinion.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I remember I had high hopes for “Too Many Pinkie Pies,” but oddly the episode turned out not as hilarious as I hoped it’d be.  
It was an alright ep’, don’t get me wrong, and it had some good brief gags, (including a Buster Keaton shout-out) but it felt like it was missing something.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Beau Skunky  
Pinkie is a character that you either find funny or you don’t. I’d probably like her more if she didn’t interact with the plot and just occasionally made a pun to lighten the tension. But that’s just me.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
More opinions:  
Luna is best princess.  
The Night Guard should have been called Night Mare Knights.  
Bat Ponies were under utilized.  
Siege of the Crystal Empire should have been made canon.  
Zen and the Art of Gazebo Repair is a top tier story.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Brass Beau  
Come to think of it, bat ponies were hardly even in the show, and barely even canon. Yet, the fanbase is full of ‘em, and treats them as their own pony race, or a subset of pegasi.

With kirins, and such it seems like there’s more types of ponies then just the main 3 races.

Also, I loved “Zen and the Art of Gazebo Repair.” One of my favorite IDW comic arcs. Felt like it could’ve been an episode of the show.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
“Zen and the Art of the Gazeebo Repair” isn’t an unpopular opinion, in fact it’s generally considered the high point of the comics.

An unpopular opinion would that you still like the comics :p(which I do)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Kiryu-Chan  
It’s kinda a shame more then half the brony fandom hates the comics. I remember they were beloved when they first came out. Occasionally, they still have good stories, and art. (And the IDW Transformers crossover looks promising.)

In fact, ironically, during the “Twilicorn/S3/EqGirls” drama year, when the comics first premiered, bronies soured with the show turned to the comics instead, and lauded them as “better then the show.”  
Oddly, some bronies even deluded themselves into believing Twilight would never eventually get wings in the comics.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dustcan  
Yeah, then it became other characters, other spinoffs, characters reforming, characters not reforming, this, that, and such.

I bet when G5 is finally revealed the sh*tstorm will be epic, regardless if it is good or mediocre.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide