Unpopular opinion time

Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
I prefer ‘student six’ over ‘young six’ but What do we call them when they get older? :x
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Spinny  
It was just for one episode and it’s not like she uses that as some sort of Hulk-like power. For all we know, she does that for show and nothing else.
Background Pony #3F17
Am I the only who thinks G5 could surpass G4 in terms of quality?

People say G4 is the beacon of quality cartoons but I personally think it’s just a good but not great show. It’s a little basic. It’s not as great as something like Avatar. Even the early seasons of MLP which I personally I find a little plain and basic for me.

I think G5 could be more complex and maybe have Y7/PG rating. It could have better worldbuilding and more drama and more complex morals & characters.

To me G4, was the beginning, of more high quality girl cartoons but I think it would be wasteful to think that this is as high quality as girl’s cartoons should be. It should be the beginning not the end. We should encourage greater innovation. Kids deserve it.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Background Pony #3F17  
Yes, in short.

I’d be careful about comparing it to something as established as Avatar, because you’ll get a swarm of folk saying you can’t compare them because they’re different cartoons with different intentions.

And i think g5 could be as good, but it would require talent, vision, and creativity that i just don’t think is in Hasbro’s grasp.

Especially in the realm of ‘complexity’. which both most fans and creators of the show treat much like radiation poisoning.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Sparx  
I found that alot of people seem to think complicating the show would kill it by making it too ‘adult’ for the target audience and don’t want us ‘stealing it’.

And simpsons is only a comparison made in regard to its airtime length than its quality. Though i guess avatar, a show that had ‘only’ three seasons but said everything it needed to in those seasons could be what they mean.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Background Pony #3F17  
Personally, I don’t think it’ll surpass G4 in quality, but I have high hopes that it’ll be good enough on its own. Really, it doesn’t need to be compared to the previous generation when it can have its own identity and be unique because of it. It’s like comparing G4 to G3 when both are vastly different to one another.
Dex Stewart
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Myoozik  
I’m wondering how Hasbro plans to handle MLP going forward,the franchise really didn’t have memorable characters,aside from Spike before G4. Their other big franchise is Transformers,which I’m not a big fan of,but with that they seem adamantly focused on using the same characters on every series. The only major step away from the original was Beast Wars,and that rarely gets any attention.
Sparx
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@WyrmSpawN  
Lmao people go full on ‘no fun allowed’ mode when fans love lore /world building . Clearly you can only enjoy certain shows one way~

I meant Simpsons since some fans like comedic sitcoms which is what mlp can be seen as. I’d be sad if it went as long as the Simpsons personally. Then it would really decline :S
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide