Unpopular opinion time

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Twi Clown  
Yeah Vinyl Scratch and Octavia Melody already had a gimmick behind them to make them interesting. I don’t see anything of the sort for Lyra ans Bon Bon until the fandom came in and did something with them
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Queen Chrysalis: Well, well, well. The Princess of Friendship’s sole pupil. Honestly, I didn’t think you were worth replacing with one of my drones.

(what I find amusing about that part of the S6 finale is, it indicated that she neglected to brief any of her minions on “Twilight Sparkle has a pupil named ‘Starlight Glimmer,’” since if you pay attention to the impersonators’ dialogue in the first part, none of them ever acknowledge knowing her name, or her position as pupil, not even the marginally believable Twilight impersonator; one would wonder if between that and her Cadance impersonation, if she’d neglect to say, find out and/or brief anyone on Pinkie Pie having a twin sister [Marble], out of negligence. She’s my favorite villain for what she is)

@Twi Clown

They just don’t really have that much of a personality, as it usually goes with fanon. Lyra… what does she do if she isn’t going “hoomans” (humans) again, and Bon Bon is a former secret agent, and also seems like she’s kind of a prick at times, aside from her changing voices multiple times.

Not really much to gravitate to, in my opinion. Octavia and Vinyl at least seem marginally more interesting in their contrast.
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@AC97

I mean, I do find amusing for Lyra to be human obsessed. Is just that even those quirks eventually were eventually forgotten and now shipping is the only thing that really goes for Lyra and Bon Bon.

@Myoozik

Indeed. I must say I’d wish I could have seen an episode focusing on those two but oh well.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I mean, I do find amusing for Lyra to be human obsessed. Is just that even those quirks eventually were eventually forgotten and now shipping is the only thing that really goes for Lyra and Bon Bon.

I literally can’t think of any quirks or real personality that Lyra typically has outside of that, or “shipping” (going “she’s part of LyraBon,” and calling it a day). I’ll admit I might be drawing a blank due to not enough exposure, but… I think that’s how it usually goes?
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@AC97

Yeah, that’s true. Come to think about, their roles on the show were pretty much mostly being bystanders and pretty much it.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
@AC97

I remember that until Slice of Life it was the opposite - Bon Bon was the one didn’t have a personality while Lyra had at least the human thing going for her.
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
I honestly prefer back when the Background 6 were almost complete empty papersheet for us to write on, the writers giving them canon personalities made them less interesting
Background Pony #CD0A
@Don’t  
To be fair, a lot of the things people wrote for the Background Six became so universal they might as well have been their canon personalities: Lyra is human/hands-obsessed, Lyra and Bonbon are in a relationship, Berry Punch is an alcoholic (and occasionally a great mother to Ruby despite her alcoholism), Timer Turner is the ponified Doctor/is time-obsessed/a genius tinkerer, Derpy is a klutz and a great mother to Dinky, Dinky and Time Turner/Doctor are in a relationship, Octavia is the straight-laced one, and Vinyl is the fun, laidback one, etc.
Background Pony #CD0A
Some times you get someone who doesn’t follow those “guideline” personalities, but they’re rare and few in-between. Most of the time, those are EXACTLY what their personalities are like.
Wiimeiser
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Mildgyth  
My family tree has Ponet as Derpy’s adoptive father after Bubbles, G1/G3 Minty as her adoptive mother, Written Script, Amethyst Star, Noi, G4 Minty, and Carrot Top as her adoptive siblings (even though they’re all younger than her and except for Script wouldn’t have been born yet, and Noi is younger than Dinky), Dinky and Crackle Pop as twins, those two with Dizzy, Dipsy, Chirpy, and Aero as her foals, Running Gag from PPOV as her first partner, Warden as her second partner, Lily Longsocks as Dinky’s first partner, Button Mash as her second, Butterscotch, Snuzzle, Cotton Candy, Blossom, and Blue Belle as G1/G3 Minty’s siblings, Spur as sister to both Biscuit and Cozy Glow, and Cumulonimbus and Apogee as Spur’s cousins. Also, Tulip Swirl and Violet Spark are twins and Puppysmiles is their niece, and Threnody is a descendant of Spur. Now I’m getting off track.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide