Unpopular opinion time

Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Background Pony #B26E  
I’ll call Fallout Equestria Nobledark rather than Grimdark. I like nobledark. It makes it challenging for the heroes, spiritually, mentally and physically, while still making them heroes and letting them win in the end.

I can’t stand stuff like Cupcakes and Rainbow Factory. I don’t see the point.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Twi Clown

It’s one thing if you actually put effort into a story and one you wrote later, that you feel is better, is less recognized than the one you did before, but being remembered for a shitpost fic, basically? That’s just rough.

@Philweasel

Pretty much, yeah. It’s interesting to see dark stories when there’s a hope that the characters will stick to, and it’s all the more satisfying to see them ultimately pull through.

Even if the story is a dark tragedy where the heroes end up losing, there’s still more of a point to it, less low-effort than things like Cupcakes and Rainbow Factory, where it’s just “canon character is a demonized serial killer, and they will get what they want in the end, despite how the plot’s kinda stupid.”

(I just couldn’t stand Cheerilee’s Garden, for a similar reason, if I recall correctly… which it was also kind of a troll fic, as long as it was, as much effort went into it, since the author obviously didn’t see Cheerilee being that way, per their admission)
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
The “bring back Equestria Girls” crowd is getting annoying.

The series is over, it’s finished, no amount of petitions or image macros will bring it back.

Just let it go.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@icey wicey 1517

…that current avatar of yours (a joy emoji plushie, coupled with that sleep mask) made that comment funnier than it should’ve been.

But yeah, it’s over. They have just as much of a nonexistent chance of it being continued as the “redo S9 OUR WAY” crowd.
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
I don’t like Lyrabon because nowadaysis pretty much the only thing people care about Lyra and Bon Bon. Ship the horses and that’s it, it was funny in 2015 but now is just flat out tiring. Not helping matters is that their relationship makes no real weight on the plot, just a background moment that got a little bit too much attention.
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@Bluepenn15

I admit the Vinyl and Tavi is a gulty pleassure. Plus, is harder for me to get annoyed because both still have their music gimmick and the show didn’t push them all too much so fandom didn’t get as wild as lyrabon.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide