Unpopular opinion time

Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@WyrmSpawN  
Villain seems kind of strong,though. He was just some jerk. The way he acts,it seems like he’d be to prissy to do the dirty deeds it takes to be a villain.
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Latecomer  
So he’s a mob boss type? Still seems like a wuss. Like,he only got his position by nepotism. He better watch his back,no doubt he’ll get a knife in it. If you’re a boss,you gotta have worked your way up,and know the shots.  
Jeez,this makes me sound almost like I know how organized crime works…😐
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Vivace  
I guess early on there really weren’t many characters that could be considered major Villains,so fans just latched onto whoever was a kinda sorta antagonist.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Dex Stewart  
Well, think like Neighsay.

Somehow has more power and influence than our heroes and half his power is red tape.

That’s one way to take it.

Admittedly, I’ve thought of ways he could be a reluctant villain but it goes into AU territory.
Latecomer

Obnoxious snobs with more money than most people will ever see and no sign of having worked for it also tend to be rather easy to hate and vilify.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Music Connoisseur
@Dex Stewart  
I think it’s also because back then, FIM was just a standard slice of life show that wanted to do standard mundane plots that had jerk characters as a way to cause the poeblem and they didn’t have to worry about making them full on villains later on.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

That idea is honestly… overrated. It’s kind of a stretch to go from “snobby and kind of a jerk” (which itself has more than one interpretation as to why), to “traitorous to the Royal Family.”

The idea of “isn’t evil, is good aligned, but is absolutely a dick” would work better, probably.

@Dex Stewart

There was also an official AU comic that had Nightmare Moon reform because she didn’t want to be like him… but that’s pretty much impossible to take seriously, as a good guide for “how to Blueblood,” and I’d argue it was a waste.

(one wonders what Rarity and Blueblood’s interactions were like there, exactly)

@Mildgyth

Probably that, really. There was also Gilda to go off of, schoolyard bullies, and Trixie, but they’re all kinda iffy to go “full-blown villain” on multiple levels. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were never Cozy Glows, Trixie was just a blowhard back then who humiliated hecklers, didn’t do anything disproportionate for revenge by then (the Ursa Minor wasn’t her fault), and Pinkie Pie kind of was in the wrong regarding Gilda, even if she was a jerk (think about it from Gilda’s perspective: it’s been a long time since you’ve seen your friend, and this person won’t let you spend time with her alone, for the time you’re staying there, and the only one in that episode who got on Pinkie’s case for being clingy was Twilight… who apologized to her).
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

(for that aforementioned “diplomat Blueblood” thing that was in the comics)

@WyrmSpawN

Come to think of it, you’re right, that is an interesting thought to explore, that Gilda used to be shy, withdrawn, like Fluttershy. It’s pretty easy to forget, too.

(She is probably a great contender for the list of “underused characters”)
Latecomer

@AC97  
Perhaps because I’m a contrarian, I decided early on that my Blueblood would be as professionally competent as he was personally obnoxious - like Dr. House. I would not have picked diplomacy, though.

And as for Gilda… there’s still various questions of how she came to be like that (and at that camp), how she changed, and how she got stuck in Griffonstone.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
I have now belatedly watched several episodes of Pony Life, and I have a few observations.

1. The show’s writing is surprisingly clever, it just suffers from pacing. If the writers had more time in each episode to focus on the jokes that worked instead of the absurd “whole episode in 10 minutes” pace, it would actually be pretty funny.

2. Because of the pacing, making Pinkie Pie the main character was smart- in FiM, her energy was too much and often forced a harsh pace on a fairly easygoing show. Here, it works.

3. It is now canon that Fluttershy possesses some kind of deep, dark power. I love it.

4. Overall, Pony Life feels like S1 but without the awkward soul searching S1 had. The characters are basic and have little growth, but that’s fine. And, more importantly, the writing benefits from 9 seasons of character quirks to work with. Rarity uses her fainting couch quite often, and there’s an entire episode about Applejack’s hat. It just works.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide