Unpopular opinion time

Josh103
Thread Starter - Artists you miss.

It annoyed me a bit that Tirek never got his stronger form despite the supposed significant power from the bell. Though I suppose it would mean Cozy and Chrysalis would become (even more) irrelevant.

Twilight’s Kingdom still felt like the “highest stakes” point the show ever got to me, despite the several subsequent finales having a lot more characters more directly involved in the villains’ defeat.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Josh103  
I think that School Raze and To Where and Back again (in that order) had higher stakes due to the Mane Six being MIA for one reason or another, though that’s just me.
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@Background Pony #FC15  
It’s one of those things were the claim that it’s repeating the same lesson from an earlier episode is like totally objectively true, but whether or not that negatively effects the episode is a matter of opinion :P

I would have done it through flashbacks. Like, Sunburst would have learned he was going to be Princess Twilight’s partner, and been all excited like “We can’t lose!” and then Shining Armor would be like “Oh she can’t lose alright, you poor bastard” and he’d be like “What?” So Shiny would tell of the time they were partners in that game, cut to them as foals, where Twilight’s being a complete maniac and just making a scene and ruining it for everyone. Then cut back to the present day and Sunburst is like “She’s not that bad, right?!” Then have Pinkie Pie try to stand up for Twilight and tell of the time THEY were partners in it, but being innocently insensitive Pinkie she makes Twilight out to sound even worse. Cut to unicorn Twilight and her being partners a few years back and she’s being a complete rules-lawyering tool and ruining it for everyone. So now Sunburst is scared and he wants to weasel out of it, but cut to like him imagining what that would be like and Twilight’s just being a complete psychopath about it because THAT’S AGAINST THE RULES. So he bites the bullet and does the trivia match, and to his surprise she’s a little intense but a totally good sport and a complete pleasure to be partners with :D

So basically, all the jokes from the episode would have been in-tact, with the added benefit of getting to make Twilight be even WORSE in Sunburst’s imagination, but would have shown Twilight’s character development from over the series and even would have ended on the lesson that people change and mature over time and that you shouldn’t base opinions of people on the second-hand gossip and stories from other people which I think are really good lessons :D
Badumsquish
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Mildgyth  
Exactly. Someone being scared that someone they barely know is going to give them a hard time is pretty relatable. Like, we’ve all dreaded having to deal with someone since we’ve expected it to be a terrible affair, only to learn that it totally wasn’t bad at all XD
landshark15

@Badumsquish  
I mean aren’t the lessons, “don’t rely on second hand gossip” done with Bridle gossip” and you should trust that people over time develop done in “Summer Sun Setback”?

@Mildgyth  
How exactly was he OOC? The guy might not be that into it to other things, but a trivia test could get him.
Jarkes
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@landshark15

Plus it’s honestly FUN seeing him act like that. (Didn’t he also end up pulling the “overexaggerates behavior to teach another character a lesson” card there too? I don’t remember)
landshark15

@Meanlucario  
“Bridle Gossip” the episode where Zecora debuts in Season 1, and “Summer Sun Setbacks” the episode where the legion of doom infiltrate Canterlot to get a book on Grogar’s bell, are parts from the EQG series and not FIM. Okay my dude.
Badumsquish

@landshark15  
Not that I really got out of them. I got a “Don’t judge a book by its cover” and a “We can do it if we work together” kind of vibe out of them respectively. Besides, they’ve redone lessons over before: literally every Fluttershy episode was “grow a pair” for like the longest time XD
landshark15

@Badumsquish  
I mean if you’re stretching how it is, then yeah it sounds different, but “Don’t judge a book by its cover” is the same thing as “don’t believe in second hand gossip” both are saying you shouldn’t rely on pre-conceived assumptions. How did you get the “We should work together” lesson from the latter episode? A big highlight at the end of the episode is that Twilight shows she calmer in dire situations now, and that her friends could have fix the solution sooner if they just trusted her to handle it well.
Badumsquish

@landshark15  
Because they’re working together and stuff works fine, then Chrysalis convinces them to not work together and stuff goes to hell, then Twilight takes charge and makes them work together again and everything is fine again, and Twilight literally says “Panicking won’t solve anything. But we can handle whatever problems come our way as long as we handle them together!” at the end :D
landshark15

@Badumsquish  
Chrysalis didn’t say to make them not work together nor does it look like she was trying to do that considering Tirek just absorbed magic from ponies and Cozy gave bad advice to the pegasus managing the weather. Chrysalis did try to appeal to the fireworks unicorn’s pride, but none of the other two villains tried something like that and they never tried causing strife between the Mane 6. Hell the Mane 6 never really felt apart from each during that episode, their main concern was to not worry Twilight, when Twilight could have just handled it well. Fluttershy even says to Twilight “We tried to fix it ourselves.” I’m starting to doubt you remembered that episode well considering that line Twilight said came after the part where Twilight’s friends admitted they were trying to avoid worrying Twilight.
Badumsquish

@landshark15  
Exactly. If they’d worked together none of that would have happened. Besides, Twilight literally says that’s the lesson (it’s one of the quotes on the wiki article) and “There are many things you can’t do alone” is the listed aesop on the TV Tropes article. You can certainly argue that people took the lesson wrong, but a LOT of people took “work together” as the end lesson :P
landshark15

@Badumsquish  
And what exactly was preventing them from trying to get Twilight to help them, oh yeah that’s right, them not trusting her she wouldn’t handle it well. It was last thing they talked with each other in that episode where they apologized to Twilight and say they’ll try to believe her in the future. TvTropes isn’t exactly canonical god when saying things. If working together was the lesson of this episode then why is Twilight the only one “not working together with them” as opposed to all her friends “not trusting Twilight”? The focus of the episode leaned towards the latter more than the former.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
I liked “A Trivial Pursuit” personally, mainly because I do competitive trivia. And yes, it is that stressful. And if I had to play with Pinkie Pie, I would’ve lost my damn mind. So yeah, I can feel Twilight’s reaction so hard- most people in that sphere would’ve behaved similarly.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Myoozik

Also it’s amusing how they actually played Starlight’s usual PTSD tendencies for laughs without her even being there (I’m pretty sure it was the only time Sunburst ever appeared in an episode WITHOUT Starlight).
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
I don’t think ATP is bad beyond Twilight being OOC with her treatment of Pinkie, but it really is a waste of a slot for Season 9.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Myoozik
People use the term “OOC” when they mean, “character does an action that I personally don’t agree with”.

It’s happened with Rainbow Dash, it’s happened with Starlight (then again, the case I’m thinking of [didn’t happen on Derpi] right now for that one was a complete nutjob even aside from their opinion of “I understand her better than the writers do,” not to mention their horrid way to cope with dissent), it’s happened with Applejack I’m sure, it’s happened with Pinkie, Twilight etc, so on, so forth.

@Jarkes

To my knowledge, I’m not sure Sunburst had ever had an episode without her (other than that one, you mentioned); for a pair of the “not sure they’d even remember to eat” variety, Moondancer would probably have that as a guaranteed outcome if you paired them together (if they, you know, didn’t have her mostly be a one-off character).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide