Unpopular opinion time

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Latecomer  
Sounds of Silence forgettable? Far from it. Kirins are the biggest thing in the fandom since Changelings. Though I’ll admit it’s the closest she’s been to being wrong since the new writers took over…
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

It honestly makes me a bit sad when people say “Oh, they should’ve played up how Starlight was a piece of shit for laughs.” That… kinda would’ve killed what I liked about Starlight. To me, almost all of her episodes are already about how she’s a mess of a person. Episodes like On The Road to Friendship, or Uncommon Bond. They aren’t funny to me. They paint the picture of a character who’s kind of a catastrophe even though she genuinely wants to be better.

Starlight using magic recklessly stopped being a plot point for the most part since like… A Royal Problem, and even then, Trixie touched the bottle when she told her not to, before that one.

She certainly learned that lesson far better than Discord, I feel, regarding magic… and probably in general. She’s better at not endangering the entire world because she’s so overconfident, and a bad friend. But yeah, she does come across as… kind of a wreck, in general, doesn’t she?

Her explosion at Trixie in A Horse Shoe-in is also not funny. I think it’s a genuinely well written and emotionally harrowing. One of my top 5 favourite scenes in all of season 9 probably. I don’t think Starlight is a funny character, and at her best I think that’s what works best about her. The emotions I associate with her episodes are depression, worry, and melancholy.

That scene was easily one of the best moments she’s had as a character, and I like how it showcased in full how her anger developed from being egocentric in S5 (even if she self-deluded herself), to outright being pissed off that Trixie had inadvertently endangered others, and was being rather blasé in the wake of that.

For similar reasons, I don’t favor fanfics where Starlight’s shtick is “Comedic Sociopathy,” because she isn’t… much of a funny character, and she generally speaking doesn’t engage in wacky idiocy just for the sheer hell of it, especially notable for the lack thereof after S6. She’s far better suited for being sad, and stressed, and what you said, whether it’s as a result of her own personality, or external pressure.

If there’s any character that you could possibly argue that yes, they’d have been better off without being friends with them, it’d be easier to argue it to be Discord, if anything.
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Resident Spin Fetishist
Apogee is one of the worst OCs in this fandom who has no personality other than “cute woobie” and Shindoage is a hack writer.

THIS x 10,000

Also, welcome back, Jarkes. Haven’t seen you around in quite some time.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
Cozy Glow was not abused as a foal.

There is such a thing as being born with a twisted mind. If an entire order of creatures with a contorted central nervous system, only two cones and a long dependence on being nurtured by their parents (one of which is a trait that’s virtually unique to them) can be one of the top 5 multicellular lifeform classifications on the planet, it’s entirely possible for a brain to be wired incorrectly and not kill its host.

@Jarkes  
Apogee is one of the worst OCs in this fandom who has no personality other than “cute woobie” and Shindoage is a hack writer. Need I remind you that Shindoage rebooted his own comic because he was mad that people sympathized more with Apogee’s dad rather than Delta Vee, only for the reboot to make Delta even LESS sympathetic.

Then he needs to maybe portray Jet as the asshole rather than Delta. Maybe I should write his story for him? I can barely write for shit, though…
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Spinny

I stopped posting in this thread for a while because of how heated it tended to get. Probably won’t stick around too much, but I’ll pop in from time to time.
Wiimeiser

(Foil Hat)
@[Ω]  
Honestly, I can’t really care for Fluffle Puff. No idea how she became so popular TBH… Apogee sounds like she needs a rework… Now I want to work her into my fic somehow…
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Jarkes

Like for instance, Starlight saying “That’s different, you’re not a princess princess.”

That is a case of her being actually on the funny side (although then again, what she really meant by that was “Hey, Twilight, you’re more approachable,” so that’s more “insensitive without meaning to be,” isn’t it? Definitely relatable, that)

Or a better example would probably be her parroting Twilight’s suggestion of what had happened in a Deadpan Snarker manner.

Twilight Sparkle: I’m glad you’re all okay, but I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about, Starlight. Maybe you did your spell wrong. Let’s take a look.
[thud]
Twilight Sparkle: I didn’t drop that book.
Starlight Glimmer: [sarcastically] Maybe you did your spell wrong?
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

There is such a thing as being born with a twisted mind. If an entire order of creatures with a contorted central nervous system, only two cones and a long dependence on being nurtured by their parents (one of which is a trait that’s virtually unique to them) can be one of the top 5 multicellular lifeform classifications on the planet, it’s entirely possible for a brain to be wired incorrectly and not kill its host.

Um… what do you mean by “cones?” Is it alright if I’m confused?
Latecomer

@AC97  
Being able vo do humour is important for a lead in this show. Being able to be plaued seriouslu is important to though. In fact, i’d say it’s good for most characters in most stories.
Wiimeiser

(Foil Hat)
@AC97  
You know how we see in red, green and blue? Most mammals can only see blue and yellow. This is because they evolved before most dinosaurs that most people would know but only became dominant when the non-avian dinosaurs died out. In fact, Tyrannosaurus Rex is closer to us than to Dimetrodon. If we use Shrek as an example, with Dimetrodon being the Dreamworks logo and us being the Stinger (Did Shrek have one?) dinosaurs first appeared around the time we first see Pinocchio and the K-T Extinction and rise of mammals would be during the “Hallelujah” song (At least that’s my best guess)
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer

True that; done well, it can be a good thing for a character like Pinkie Pie to be 100% serious, due to how it helps adds gravitas to a given scenario, even if briefly.

It’s usually a good thing if comedy has a hint of seriousness, or vice-versa, or somewhere in between, when it comes to stories in general, I’d say. Too dark and serious, and nothing to offset it has been the death knell for more than one thing, hasn’t it? Comedy isn’t as bad with that problem though, is it?

@Wiimeiser

I mean… interesting as it may be, about some mammals and their color vision (or partial lack thereof), but uh… I meant I was kinda confused as to how cones related to Cozy Glow, and whatever assorted mental condition might be involved? Was it a bit of rambling there, on your part? (I can’t really get on your case that much for rambling/tangents; I do it too.)
Latecomer

@AC97  
Some of mi favourite shows can go to extremes on both axes - amni more are quite balanced. Can’v think of that many i like that are all one or the other.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide