Unpopular opinion time

Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@GenericArchangel  
Because someone literally told her that could happen, there was nothing stopping that from happening, and therefore because she was not taking any steps to prevent such things or hire competent teachers who could do their jobs her school could not be opened. It wasn’t hindsight, it was her literally disregarding someone telling her exactly what could happen, and how, and why, because she believed his statement was negated by him being an asshole :P
Background Pony #6AF2
And I absolutely think Cozy Glow was 100% the fault of that school. She might have been evil through and through, but the school gave her the knowledge and the weaponry to do what she did after disregarding someone who pointed out that the lessons learned there could be used against Equestria :P
That’s absolutely ridiculous. I mean, fine, the school gave her knowledge, but it gave everyone there knowledge. It wasn’t like they set out to give her extra special “here’s how to drain magic from our world” lessons they weren’t teaching the other students. They gave everyone the same information, and her being the only one to use it the way she did is entirely dependent on what kind of individual she was, not the place she acquired it.

Oh, and let’s not forget that them “disregarding someone who pointed out that the lessons learned there could be used against Equestria” was entirely about non ponies learning the lessons. Had Twilight’s school been entirely pony based, Neighsay likely wouldn’t have even considered the possibility. A fact amply demonstrated by the fact that Flim and Flam’s “school” passed with flying colors, despite by their own admission having just copied every other page of Twilight’s guide.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@Badumsquish  
Neighsay never predicted any of that. “They might use friendship against us!” was always bullshit at best. Not to mention, Cozy didn’t use friendship at all, she was a manipulative psychopath.

And even if Twilight had done everything by the book, how would that have stopped Cozy Glow?
Badumsquish
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Background Pony #7F7D  
She was told people could misuse the lessons there to use against Equestria and that her staff weren’t good enough to prevent it. Even if he only thought non-ponies would do it, that was never-the-less a very real risk she elected to ignore. Heck, a non-pony COULD have done that, just like a pony could have. I’d have expected Twilight to be like “oh shit what IF someone does that” and done something about it :P

@GenericArchangel  
Except he literally did. Because if her teachers weren’t negligent and were able to be there to prevent it, Cozy never would have gotten her hands on said artifacts and would have never been able to use them unimpeded :P
Badumsquish

@GenericArchangel  
Cozy was only able to do so due to the negligence and inaction of the other teachers. If the Mane Six were there OR Cozy didn’t have the artifacts they left out, she couldn’t have done jack-shit :P
Badumsquish

@Latecomer  
Lol yeah. Like, it’s pretty clear at this point that opinions about the school are all over the place and that’ll never change, but I’d be surprised if we weren’t completely unanimous on the notion that leaving magical artifacts laying around a school where any old kid could get their hands on them was a pretty boner move. ESPECIALLY after doing exactly that caused problems in Equestria Girls and Magic Duel :P
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Vinylshadow

The answer is “Yes.”

@Background Pony #7F7D

That’s absolutely ridiculous. I mean, fine, the school gave her knowledge, but it gave everyone there knowledge. It wasn’t like they set out to give her extra special “here’s how to drain magic from our world” lessons they weren’t teaching the other students. They gave everyone the same information, and her being the only one to use it the way she did is entirely dependent on what kind of individual she was, not the place she acquired it.

That’s actually one of the things that makes Neighsay even more wrong. What he seemed to be thinking along the lines of was “hey, what if this knowledge being taught to other races led to other countries/creatures using it as a way to one-up Equestria and destroy it/conquer it,” as opposed to… a psychopath using it in a demented crusade for power. Cozy Glow doesn’t even have an actual agenda beyond the pursuit of power, which is probably part of why he seemed rather dumbfounded and scared when he asked her “why are you doing this,” followed by her explaining

(and no, Tirek’s knowledge just isn’t a part of the curriculum; someone with that sort of information is honestly kinda too dangerous to be left alive if evil, come to think of it, that goes for both of them)

Oh, and let’s not forget that them “disregarding someone who pointed out that the lessons learned there could be used against Equestria” was entirely about non ponies learning the lessons. Had Twilight’s school been entirely pony based, Neighsay likely wouldn’t have even considered the possibility. A fact amply demonstrated by the fact that Flim and Flam’s “school” passed with flying colors, despite by their own admission having just copied every other page of Twilight’s guide.

Which yes, they did. You can’t give Neighsay full credit when having what might generously be considered a valid point is undermined that he’d only selectively have it, against non-ponies.

Also, trusting Flim and Flam, giving them his blessing when one of his complaints was that the teachers were unqualified.
Badumsquish

@AC97  
His concern was that the knowledge of the school would be used against them. Which literally happened. He was being a racist twat when he said “how do you know these creatures won’t take what they have learned here and use it against us?” but how DID Twilight know that any of the creatures there, ponies included, wouldn’t take what they had learned there and use it against them? She didn’t even have an answer for him, all she said was “friendship isn’t just for ponies”, which is true, but it wasn’t an answer in any sense of the term :P
Badumsquish

@Latecomer  
You know what I think though? I think every bit of what happened was intentional on the writer’s part. I think it was all part of Neighsay being a red-herring to hide that Cozy was actually the villain. I think the whole idea was to make Neighsay a piece of shit, but give him these valid points as foreshadowing that he wasn’t going to be the villain in the end. I think the whole idea was to basically write a deeply flawed individual who was trying to do right, present it as a character who was just using his power as an excuse to be a racist twat, and then ultimately reveal that he actually WAS just a deeply flawed individual who was trying to do right. Sort of like how Scream tricked the audience by making it so obvious that Billy is the killer that NOBODY believed Billy was the killer :P
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Badumsquish  
I had those suspicions the minute the episode that introduced Cozy Glow had ended like I thought “Wait, she’s going to be some sort of a big villain in the finale, but what would that make Neighsay? Some sort of dummy?” Lo and behold, that was the case.
Badumsquish

@Myoozik  
Same. You know what I would put money on, too? I bet his more scummy moves like endorsing Flim and Flam were literally added just so nobody could say they ended up making a racist a good guy XD
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
I think Minuette was rather cute on Amending Fences. I would have liked her to make another important appereance since I liked how optimistic and likeable she was.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Music Connoisseur
@Badumsquish  
It’s like I haven’t seen a grudge against Twilight of this caliber since Trixie. Dude really wanted everything he can to discredit and shut down her school, even if it means investing in a plagiarized copycat that promises more and having it be endorsed by friggin Starswirl The Bearded, her biggest senpai. If that’s not signs of a passive aggressive grudge, then I don’t know what it is.
Latecomer

@Badumsquish  
Except that him changing sides was presented as him learinnig a lesson, not being vidicated. “I now see that I was wrong abouv uou, and abouv this school” or something like that.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@TheAmazingPeanuts

I’unno. If it weren’t for the leaks then I doubt many would’ve guessed that Cozy was secretly an Enragement Child. People would no doubt notice something being off, but at worst think she’s being set up as some CMC antagonist a la Diamond Tiara.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide