Unpopular opinion time

Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Latecomer  
Twilight. Rainbow Dash. Anyone other than that eyesore of a downgrade.

Just to be clear, I’m being completely facetious. Starlight and Trixie are bosom mares 4 life, and Starlight is a good character as MLP characters go. I’ve seen a number of people either warm up to her given time or even state that it was her character development that they found so appealing.
Vinylshadow
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Megalomaniacal toaster
Even if Trixie was poorly handled, her later appearances with Starlight are some of the best character writing Starlight has gotten, mostly due to the lack of having to butcher the Main 6 to make Starlight look good

Wish we had gotten more of that during Season 6, 7 & 8 instead of further slaughtering beloved characters
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Latecomer  
The usual suspects: Every Little Thing She Does, To Where and Back Again, School Daze, maybe even Marks for Effort. Along with how people complained (rightly or not) about how Fluttershy took a head scratcher of a giant fucking leap in S9, I gotta say that the accusation against Glimmer sounds extra bullshit in terms of Fluttershy.
Background Pony #801A
I wouldn’t say “butchered”, but for me, it did sometimes feel like the writers made the other characters lose a few brain cells to make Starlight look smarter.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
If there’s a character that most probably was butchered/lessened to make any other character look better, I think we can agree it was Rainbow Dash. And it probably happened to her more than to any other character at the times it actually did happen.
Background Pony #801A
@Meanlucario No I get that. Starlight just stuck out more as a sore thumb to me, I guess. I started liking her better when her appearances were away from the mane six so maybe I just didn’t like her with them.

Do you just not like Fluttershy?…

@Vivace Agreed.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Background Pony #3AC6  
The fact that she formed her own circle of friends away from the M6 and only ever became really close with Twilight really casts all the claims that Starlight was given the role in FiM that Sunset Shimmer deserved in a specious light. Sunset was unequivocally a main character of her series. It makes it look like they’re saying she should’ve been put to the side, like she was overexposed in her series.
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@Vivace

It really doesn’t make her look that good though. Especially in hindsight. Cozy went to her with the problem, then it turned out she was just manipulating everyone.
Background Pony #801A
@Meanlucario  
I…can’t argue with that honestly. One of my most hated episodes in the entire show is because they just had to make Fluttershy right at the cost of destroying the whole Daring Do arc.

@Vivace  
Interestingly enough, I didn’t really have a problem with Sunset. I wasn’t a big fan of her, but I didn’t dislike her like I did Starlight.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide