Unpopular opinion time

rdibp
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Kerfuffle lover
Whereas anyone can enjoy MLP FIM, Equestria Girls is more so marketed towards the tweenage girls (age 11-14) audience.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Dustcan
I’m certain it’s not going to have that.

Then I have no interest in Pony Life.

Not even Starlight appearing will get my hype.

But if Starlight were to self-boop…
CronoM

@rdibp  
Honestly besides the 1st one, I found the EG movie’s to not only still target all ages, but hit a broader, older range then 11 or 12. Personal traumas and issues were exposed but weren’t eliminated in a nice little bow, learning that neutrality is the best one can achieve with certain people, like the depowered dazzlings, anger and misgivings don’t just go away even with non cartoonishly evil villains, etc.
LeoNero
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Shine On U Crazy Diamond
@Spinny  
My interest in EQG was slowly declining after Forgotten Friendship. I don’t think any special after that came even close. Heck, around S6 and the hiatus to S7, i honestly preferred EQG over Friendship Is Magic.
Background Pony #3279
I loathe “Daring Doubt” and will absolutely never accept it as canon for how much they ruined Daring Do.
Vinylshadow
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Megalomaniacal toaster
I’m still working my mind around the fact Growing Up confirmed that the CMC were still pre-teens (still considered foals by society rather than mares) by the end of the series, which makes them about five/six years old in their first appearance. Which given their Calvin (& Hobbes) level of doing stupid death-defying stunts to figure out their purpose in life, makes way too much sense.

Or maybe they’re older than we think because the writers stopped caring about coherency after Season 5.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Background Pony #F50C  
@Vinylshadow  
7 in Season 1 according to the Faust Bible, but I don’t think this was ever used, and Jim Miller said 9 at some point. Also, the episode was intended to be in Season 6* and probably fits better in Season 1.

*In fact, it was likely scrapped because of the Not Allowed to Grow Up law of TV and replaced with P.P.O.V. (which I chose because it seems to have been rushed.) This would perfectly explain why the second half of S6 had no CMC episodes so The Fault in Our Cutie Marks had to be moved to the second half to fill the gap. Incidentally, both are episode 22 of their respective season. Coincidence?
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@rdibp  
You could put it in Season 6 as is and only the mentions of Starswirl would be wrong (Buckball Season was Season 6, right?) though the easiest solution would be to use Sunburst. At one point I actually said Growing Up is Hard to Do took 1000 days (A little under three years) from pitch to airing, maybe I should have said 1337 days…

(Not including completion and airing dates, between days only)
Longest gap from original concept pitch to US airing
  1. Growing Up is Hard to Do (1500 Days)
  2. Fame and Misfortune (911 Days)
  3. 28 Pranks Later (777 Days)
  4. Yakity-Sax (666 Days)
  5. The Beginning of the End (420 Days)
  6. The End in Friend (420 Days)
Longest gap from completion to US airing
  1. Feeling Pinkie Keen (470 Days)
  2. The Ticket Master (420 Days) (Not too sure about these two, which one was finished first then?)
  3. The Last Problem (367 Days)
  4. The Ending of the End Parts 1&2 (364 Days)
  5. Common Ground (351 Days)
Shortest gap from completion to US airing
  1. The Last Roundup (-1 Days)
  2. Growing Up is Hard to Do (97 Days)
  3. Look Before You Sleep (99 Days)
  4. Yakity-Sax (100 Days)
  5. Non-Compete Clause (101 days)
    6*. Bloom & Gloom (104 Days)
    *If you exclude The Last Roundup

Incidentally, this means GUIHTD was pitched before any Season 6 episode except PPOV and The Crystalling, but was the last episode of the entire show to finish animating, airing September 28 2019, being finished June 22 2019 (final day of production), and being pitched August 20 2015 (which was during the S5 hiatus, PPOV was pitched in early October 2015).
Latecomer

@Vinylshadow  
Ugh. i just ran into a fic which tried to incorporate that along with “each season is a year”.

@Wiimeiser  
Honestly, i do have to wonder what they were smoking - even if I apply somewhat exaggerated levels of competence, they don’t feel like elementary school students save in their earliest appearances. Yeah, maybe I’m putting too much emphasis on cutie mark as a puberty/coming of age analogy, but they were the ones who came up with the term “cutiecenaera”. And don’t forget that Apple Bloom is older than Spike!
TheAmazingPeanuts

And don’t forget that Apple Bloom is older than Spike!

Is there any evidence support that claim? I very much doubt that any of the CMC is older then Spike, considering nobody in the show never treat Spike as a kid or dragons just mature faster then ponies.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide