Unpopular opinion time

Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
@Vivace  
Because it never hurts to remind everyone that is a super dick move when someone expresses displeasure about something and people immediately comes over to claim they don’t have a problem with that and so nobody else should because the issue is stupid or what you have, I suppose.
TheAmazingPeanuts

@Vivace

@Myoozik  
I should have said that in a better way but I generally agreed with your points. Like I said before, the idea that Twilight’s family is Spike’s actually family is fine but there be some people who want to know more of Spike’s background, maybe the comics will reveal his background but I doubt it.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
…[the lack of a bio parent reveal for Spike despite one for a different character] will never sit well for people who actually liked the character.
I only responded to the false sweeping statement that you made. I like Spike, and the lack of a reveal didn’t bother me for reasons already stated, but I’m not fond of the “not an actual fan without meeting some irrelevant arbitrary condition” notion.
Latecomer

I’m also not clear why people seem to think Father Knows Beast is obviously terrible in some way other than not revealing Spike’s real parents.
Twi Clown
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
Who cares about Spike’s parents? If he has lived without them for quite a long time, then he clearly doesn’t need them, he has Celestia and Twily’s family to take care of him anyway.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Latecomer  
Probably because it teases the reveal and then leaves a sour taste due to Sludge’s inherent repugnance. Oh, and Spike’s lack of hesitation to pretty much leave Twilight for him.

Would it be worse if Sludge were the dad, tho? Honestly, maybe. I think it would become a really banal episode
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Latecomer  
Not letting the Letter of the law pervert the spirit of the law Is a Trait possessed by many Objectivist hero worth their salt.

When your code is punish evil and defend The Innocent, There’s a lot of room for discretion.
Latecomer

@Vivace  
I do think that him being a fake is a bit of a favour to those who would rather Spike had worthy parents.

@Myoozik  
He’s certainly a useless lump, but he’s also supposed to be, so not everyone will see that as a minus.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Latecomer  
Objectivism may be everybody’s favourite philosophical punching bag but it’s just Aristotle updated for the 60’s and there is no more unjustly maligned or misunderstood philosophy on the planet.

Objectivism is merely the idea something is what it is and That you need experience and education to properly determine something’s nature rather than already having it within yourself to choose that objects nature. An Objectivist morality is something to strive for rather than being everybody’s natural state.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Twi Clown  
I know I don’t

@Latecomer  
Though it comes at the expense of having a reason why he should exist. Take Zesty Gourmand, she was another character who was created to be a hate-sink and to be unsympathetic, but she had a reason to be created to push the moral of the episode even if they basically turned her into a strawman, or strawpony. I don’t see that at all with Sludge.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Latecomer  
Ayn Rand coined the Term and Objectivism  
Was the theme of her stories. Whether those stories are good is up to personal taste. I’ve heard the Fountan head is better than Atlus Shrugged.

Steve Ditko was a big proponent of objectivism and articulated it through heroes like Spiderman and his “with great power comes great responsibility” belief, as well as heroes like Hawk and dove, blue beetle and The Question.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide