Unpopular opinion time

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Badumsquish  
I counted 161 images that you’ve made that have her. I know that a few of these are edits that other people have made of your art but it still says a lot on how much you like her. :P

@Latecomer  
To me, it feels real and how despite both have their massive differences, they still stick with each other despite all that.
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@GenericArchangel

I’m not sure I have a dog in the Startrix fight other than finding it really cute. Horse Shoe-in I thought did a lot to show that their friendship will only get better as they get older. Trixie, for all her flaws, IS willing to listen when she thinks it’s important, and Starlight’s faults are mainly inflamed by fear and instability. Things that Sunburst’s more frequent presense should be able to help her with. Along with her settling into her role as headmare more.
Latecomer

@Spinny  
But she didn’t make Trixie vice-headmare anyway (Counsellor is even crazier, though). And what’s wrong with Sunburst?

@GenericArchangel  
Yeah, that’s how I more or less fell about them. But it wasn’t until Student Cousel that I saw it as potentially romantic.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@Vivace  
Point, but with all the episodes reminding us about Spike’s love for comics, at a point I thought the show would give him an episode about him attempting to start drawing and writing his own adventures and his reaction to his friend’s comments about his overglorified stories.
Background Pony #0947
I liked Maud and Starlight’s friendship better than Starlight and Trixie’s. I’d even say the latter is more realistic relationship than the former and more pleasant to watch since it isn’t as nearly as toxic. shame that they never shared spotlight together outside of the episode that introduced their friendship.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I liked Maud and Starlight’s friendship better than Starlight and Trixie’s. I’d even say the latter is more realistic relationship than the former and more pleasant to watch since it isn’t as nearly as toxic.

I think you might have accidentally said the opposite of what you meant to say, got the “latter” and “former” mixed up in placement.

As for a relationship that I kinda wish there was more of, it was the dynamic between Twilight and Starlight… but maybe the issue with that one is possibly that they’re not quite prone to really disagreeing, outside of a few occasions, past S6 (where Twilight pretty much yelled at another version of herself for pulling a Lesson Zero, and rightfully so), like A Royal Problem and Shadow Play. I wouldn’t say those two can really be said to be “toxic” either, right?
Background Pony #0947
@Myoozik  
I agree. It’s really frustrating to see her being always in the wrong and always the one who must apologize at the end. even though, from our perspective, it wasn’t really her fault in the first place. and just how many times Trixie got away with it without even properly apologizing it when she caused a problem?

@AC97  
yea I did mix it up. I think their relationship kinda peaked at Shadow Play so I’d rather see the dynamic between her and the other mane 6 but that never happend.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Background Pony #2394  
At first I thought it was fine since it was to show that she isn’t some perfect goody goody little four shoes and that she has flaws but by this point it’s gotten tiresome and old. It’s also the reason why I prefer Student Counsel over A Horse Shoe-In cause Trixie also admitted that she was in the wrong and that Starlight was literally just doing her job (fuck Silverstream in this episode, real talk).
gingerninja666

Kaze ni Nare
@Myoozik

To be fair, Trixie admitted she was wrong in A Horse Shoe in too.

@AC97

I think Twilight has a far greater impact on Starlight than people give her credit for. Star isn’t worshipful of Twilight the way Twi is of Celestia, but doing Twilight proud is often one of Star’s driving motives in episodes.

Hell, the last thing we ever see Starlight do is wave to Twilight when she comes to visit her in the school, then puff her chest out in pride when Twi comes to stand behind her.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@gingerninja666

Yeah, Starlight wouldn’t have gotten as far as she did without Twilight, period. Twilight was the one who kind of saw herself in her, and decided to show her mercy, and Star grew to respect her, a lot, as someone who helped her turn her life around.

full

Starlight actually blushed when Twilight said “And that’s why this school needs you as a guidance counselor.”

That should say something in regards to how much she likes being considered helpful by Twilight.

@Myoozik

Trixie: I know how you take your responsibilities seriously. And maybe I should’ve known I wasn’t exactly a perfect fit.

It wasn’t quite a “I’m sorry,” but that’s a genuine apology in my books, at least by Trixie standards, and the fact that Trixie didn’t discourage Starlight in the slightest from her vice-headmare idea showed that she’s sincere in wanting to actually help Starlight, coupled with how she helped out by suggesting Sunburst.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
Trixie Got a toy to tie in with the new series so I’m reasonably confident she’ll be a regular in pony life.

Considering the Seinfeld comparisons, I’m betting she’ll be the Newman To Twilight’s Jerry
CronoM

Sooo. End of season unpopular opinions regarding the handling of Twilight, her awkwardly written Celestia and Starlight dynamics, and on a related note, The Element of Magic in general, as well as the true form of the Elements of Harmony. OBVIOUS SPOILERS

2 Topics:

(1st topic) 3 groups of harmony bearers powered up Twilight in the finale to create ANOTHER generic Rainbow Light to defeat the 3 final enemies.

And yet half a decade ago….

full

With 7 elements, including a true new one discovered by Celestia’s wayward first heir, working completely in unison instead of just powering up Twilight whom FiM seems to think is that only one that matters during these situations…

…Creates a force a thousand times more powerful and more impressive looking then anything the Twilight battery gang unleashes.

Thoughts? Headcanons? Did Celestia really have all knowing wisdom making Twilight the center of everything to foster Harmony’s power, after showing such great judgement with young Luna and young Sunset, or was there a reason Friendship power actually evolved with Celestia as uninvolved as possible.

(2nd Topic) The element of Magic. Magic isn’t a merit, unlike the other 5 elements. Friendship may be magic, but magic is not always friendship. We’ve all figured that little anecdote out well into the series, but is the element of magic….evil? Is an element that is attempting to be a ‘merit’ that is actually just raw magical power evil, unstable or incomplete?

The founder who first represents the element:  
full

The effect of it being used with the others by one person compared to six, even on one’s beloved sister.  
full  
Compared to when used by six strangers with collective moral fiber.  
full

And that’s not even getting into real points yet.

Coming into contact with the element of magic turns a mean and ambitious girl but still has standards like not willing to hurt animals/dragons….

full

…crying and screaming into a ruthless monster with no morals whatsoever, and when freed from it, she comes across as traumatized by the experience, and later, in complete contempt of that form.

And and lets not forget when Sci Twi tried accessing the elements, including a device that mimicked her own, before she properly awoke as an element herself. The results were also sort of…

full

..evil. Again, forcefully and painfully.

Then there’s Ms. Gaia Everfree. When she had 5 of the geodes, she was actually mentally pretty normal beyond overextending herself via lies and stress. They were for the most part harmless even when someone not worthy like her was actively using them.  
full

But the second she grabs the last two, including the one representing the element of magic.  
full

Shit goes down. Let’s be honest, that’s a…pretty drastic change between holding 5 elements and 7 elements.

And when 7 elements powered up another unworthy person when the elements, the effects were also quite evil.  
full

….

One could argue that too much of any energy can corrupt someone. but if we take into account the sordid history of the Element of Magic, its lack of any ‘moral merit’, and its immediate and corruptive effect on the others especially Sunset and Gloriosa, one has to wonder if the Element of Magic was the most ill conceived and corruptible part of such a supposedly incorruptible magic.

Was Pony Twilight really chosen to be an element due to some high potential of moral fiber, if her element doesn’t represent any moral fiber? Even Celestia admitted that a function of the Element of Magic was that she could recieve a nearly infinite amount of magic temporaritly from other donars, and in terms of mental stregnth, the fandom knows how unhealthy her subservient attitude is towards Celestia, and one could easily argue that with the amount of lessons exposed to her, far more worthy people could not only stand up to the task, but surpass and outgrow prececessor expectations instead of living to it blindly.

Even Swi Twi represents being an Element of Magic better because if we interpret Magic as neutral, vast power that could easily corrupt, Sci Twi sort of surpassed Luna’s dark destiny considering how similar Nightmare Moon and Midnight Sparkle were. Luna had to be blasted with magic to reform, leading her in a very unhealthy relationship of living masochistic defeat in her dreams, while Sci Twi accepted Sunset Seraph’s hand willingly, and slowly dealt with her demons with her friends help when she felt doubts and darkness again.

Thoughts? HeadCanons?

(And one final sidenote.) We are being told very conflicting stories in MLP:FiM. We are constantly being told that the elements of magic in some form will be the solution to everything. Yet the main characters are constantly cleaning up the messes of the people that originally used that magic. The argument that they are simply more worthy of them compared to their founders doesn’t cut it, especially since before the sisters, the founders were 6 ponies who wielded them.

Correction. SEVEN ponies. But Stygian was abandoned out of reckless lack of communication and compassion. Was Stygian supposed to be the 7th element like Sunset?

And we are constantly being told that Twilight Sparkle is the chosen one and the end all be all even by main character standards. Yet one of Equestria’s greatest tragedies, Luna transforming and being banished, was caused by so much expectations being piled onto to so few ponies no matter how talented, and power and envy corrupted one of them and that absolute power that they owned was turned into a weapon of tragedy.

The main characters, especially being lead on by Celestia, never try to surpass the past and its mistakes, but simply continue it for the next generation. Sunset broke the cycle where Stygian could of done from the start.

I don’t even need to mention them turning the villains to stone was just a giant middle finger to lessons learned after how well that worked with Discord and his initial rampage once free.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide