Unpopular opinion time

Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Latecomer  
I know it sounds bizarre, but I think she’ll really grow into it. Trixie does tend to excel when providing common sense to others, despite having little to spare on herself (honestly I feel due to self destructive tendencies).
Latecomer

@Philweasel  
Well, we can only hope so. I mean, Starlight seemed like a crazy choice that kind of made sense if you squinted, but Trixie… she’s only starting to be able to care about one other pony.
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@GenericArchangel

I generally agree there was quite an abundance of Flutters. I’ve said before that it’s good on her for getting some much-needed attention since she has almost always been dead last for appearances in every previous season, but when you take a look at how much more she got to do in season 9 in comparison with everyone else, there was definitely an abundance of her, though not quite as bad as the overabundance of Twilight in season 8.

FFS, Rarity only appeared in fifteen episodes in season 9. Fifteen!!!! In the last effing season of the show, she was struggling to just show up. As was most of the mane six who weren’t Twilight and Fluttershy. Even Starlight, whom people once feared was going to take over the show, got less focus than ever in season 9.

Bottom line, none of the writers really treated the season like it was going to be the last time we would see these characters. I would have preferred more ensemble episodes.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Starlight bashing is done by knuckle dragging Neanderthals with no taste.

Starlight ribbing is done by enlightened sophists with great taste.

Starlight praising is done by normies.

Trufax.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Dustcan  
Opinions of any sort don’t sour the person or encroach on anyone else.

Like starlight, dislike her, don’t care, just don’t be a dick or elitist about it.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@GenericArchangel
Bottom line, none of the writers really treated the season like it was going to be the last time we would see these characters. I would have preferred more ensemble episodes.

Eh, a lot of episodes was about wrapping up plotlines/character arcs.
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@Latecomer  
To her credit, is there REALLY anything glaringly wrong with Trixie that really needs to be changed? Her flaws are fairly reasonable and not overly bad. Even her actions in A Horse Shoe In are totally fair since literally EVERY single instructor at that school got guaranteed jobs there despite not being even remotely qualified because they were friends with the headmaster, so why should Trixie expect it to work any differently? People give Trixie flak for being a jerk or whatnot, but she is almost purely reactive and the odds are almost always stacked against her :P

@Dustcan  
It always baffles me when people who don’t like Starlight bashing go out of their way to attract it and encourage Starlight bashers to basically do this:  
full
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@Badumsquish  
She also made an earnest attempt to do the job well, and did… well, no one died, so pretty good by School of Friendship standards. Hell, the thing that pissed off Starlight wasn’t really Trixie’s fault when it came down to it, and Starlight didn’t even give her a chance to solve it herself before jumping in.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
@Badumsquish  
Trixie’s flaws are part of her character and what makes her being Trixie. They go so well with the character that you can’t really remove them without stripping her of everything what makes her being herself.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@Penguin Dragneel  
Trixie is a good example of a flawed character done the right way, which is one of the reasons why I resent to see her being reduced to be nothing but Starlight’s satellite character.
Badumsquish

@GenericArchangel  
Yeah. Honestly even when she DID screw up she did a far better job than some of the other teachers. She caused a mess, yeah, but it was largely an act of God kind of thing that you couldn’t reasonably blame her for and she actually cared that it happened. It’s not like she was so negligent she left powerful dangerous artifacts in the school that a psychopath used to nearly destroy the world, or lied about the well-being of students for her own ends, or nearly let a student drown and couldn’t care less because she wanted an award, or harshly blamed people for doing things she does like all the time and expects to get off scot-free for :P

@Anonycat  
That too. Trixie’s the underdog supreme and her flaws make her a much stronger character :D
Latecomer

@Anonycat  
Which one? They at least took a stab at Sparity, and him being made Twilight’s chief advisor could also count.

@Badumsquish  
She’s a huge narcissist and very obnoxious. And what value of Friendship does she represent?

@Anonycat  
Which means she will probably never be suitable as a school counsellor.
Anonycat
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@Latecomer  
We never knew about his real parents, or saw him chasing some goals of his own, or really doing anything outside of being Twilight’s personal maid. Some crappy attempts were made, but they really never became anything more than crappy attempts.  
The fake dad episode was just cruel, both in universe and for the audience who expected real answers for once and all.
Badumsquish

@Latecomer  
Acceptance. She accepted Starlight in spite of her many flaws and fuck-ups, she accepted a manticore, she accepted all of Starlight’s friends despite their history together, she accepted Starlight’s call to save the world, she accepted Discord and a changeling, and she accepted when she did wrong on numerous occasions. And yeah there’s been times when she wasn’t accepting, even to the point that she was the opposite of it, but Fluttershy has been repeatedly cruel, Rainbow Dash has been repeatedly disloyal, Pinkie Pie has been repeatedly… un-laughter-y, Applejack has been repeatedly dishonest, Rarity has been repeatedly greedy, and Twilight, well, you can’t really be “un-magic-y” in a magic world I guess. Besides, how many times have the Mane Six been unbelievably obnoxious? XD
Latecomer

@Anonycat  
I found it quite fitting - his bioparents don’t need to be known. (Which is not to say never - dragons live a long time - but not onscreen.)

As for his own goals - honestly, he mainly defines himself by service to others. Remaining by Twilight’s side forever as her loyal second isn’t a bad end for him.

@Badumsquish  
Hmm… could be, even if the basis is “I’m this screwed up ,so what right do I have to judge others?” The basic rule of her friendship with Starlight is that they forgive each other all their screwups because otherwise they won’t be forgiven… which is bit messed up ,but what can you do?
Badumsquish

@Latecomer  
I don’t see her as a very screwed up person. In fact, in light of how honestly hard her life has been, being a bastard in the literal sense, who has to support herself, who lives in a wagon, who was demonized, rejected, bullied, and reduced to homelessness and poverty for an event she wasn’t even responsible for, and has basically spent the rest of her screen-time trying to recoup from that while having more on-screen bad things happen to her than any other character, she’s an incredibly good and well-adjusted person. Frankly it makes her a hell of a lot stronger at heart than characters who have done monstrous things in response to minor sleights. Sure she’s obnoxious and a narcissist but of course someone who’s lived the life she has would be, and yeah she’s jealous to a fault of Twilight Sparkle but are we REALLY blaming the character I just described for being jealous of the character who was born with immense power, given a place at Princess Celestia’s side because of said power, has loving parents and a whole family, everything in her life paid for, was given a free home to live in on the proviso she go learn about friendship, and has anything she ever wants just given to her. Really, the question isn’t “Why is Trixie such a jerk” but “Why isn’t she a HELL of a lot worse given her lot in life and what has driven other characters to villainy?” :P
Latecomer

@Badumsquish  
I think you too easily blame other factors - but whether it’s nature or experience that causes it, she is pretty screwed up. Her friendship with Starlight helps a bit, but also opens up new ways to be screwed up - like Discord and Fluttershy.
Anonycat
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@Badumsquish  
This is why I’ve said that the show could have been infinitely better if Starlight Glimmer had never been created and her role had been filled by Trixie.
Badumsquish

@Latecomer  
She’s a little screwed up, but for someone who’s basically lived the life of Arthur Fleck she’s a pretty all-around good person :D

@Anonycat  
Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me. I wonder if at some point Starlight was meant to be the evil bastardization of friendship that Cozy ended up being, and Trixie was meant to be the former antagonist turned good guy :P
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide