Unpopular opinion time

Latecomer

The movie was… lukewarm. And it being a relic of Season 4 or so while the series had changed didn’t help, especially since thanks to Sliverstream we can’t set it earlier or ignore it. She’s lucky she’s too adorable to resent!
EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
The movie was really good for me. Now not earth shattering but still a good outing. Critics weren’t into it cause of the cultural ideas surrounding it and the movie didn’t change that. As for some fans, you kind of have this going on:

full
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
Count me as someone who liked the movie the movie. I mean, objectively speaking, yeah, at best i think it’s an average animated children’s movie, but as a fan I still had lot of fun with it
Latecomer

It wasn’t exactly a big hit with general audiences either though, was it? And while the plot may have been comprehensible, some of the supposed “main characters” must have felt totally extraneous.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@LightningBolt  
Don’t get me wrong it’s good and all, but it’s not exactly a hallmark of cinema either. I walked away not feeling very strongly about it, which of course is the point, but given what the show has accomplished it’s a shame the movie was bland.

And yeah, many of the critics criticized bronies, not the movie. IGN has a very interesting review, and the only one I consider particularly valid despite me disagreeing with it.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
It also doesn’t help that plenty of bronies were expecting it to be the start of a 2D renaissance and have the same success as bloody Frozen
Latecomer

@Hali the Emoji girl  
Well I think I remember there being far too many ponies tagging along with the Princess. Besides Pinkie and Rainbow and… that one who fixed Capper’s coat, there was… an yellow one and an orange one? They were on the poster too for some reason - and their actors aren’t even stars!
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@Latecomer  
Six characters is totally too many for a movie. Just Twilight and Spike would’ve been fine, and honestly Twilight having to assemble a new team when her friends get captured would be an interesting watch.

It is at this point I’ll say the pirates were gratuitous, Capper was all they needed for new protagonists- having the pirates cut into time for the Mane 6 and the other new characters.
EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
I will say the one thing I did dislike was that soon after there were some fans complaining that the season 7 finale would have been a much better movie than the actual movie, which I disagree with.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide