Unpopular opinion time

EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
@gingerninja666  
Ok yeah it wasn’t instantaneous but it was rushed like you said, and that’s where people are going to disagree. Is the scene’s thematic enough for a person to overlook something or is the story bending over backwards to try to jam the theme into the episode? You can argue it one way or another but that where the disagreements come into play. For me, the reformation was a massively rushed job who’s thematic undercurrent was not enough to play into a suspension of disbelief (Or whatever the term is actually called) where as you were, thus the arguments
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@gingerninja666

That’s why I liked that resolution: Starlight was at first in denial, that Twilight could’ve been showing her an illusion, and Twilight managed to defuse it with her words from there.

Now, as for some fanfics I’ve seen, it would’ve been utterly stupid for Twilight to say, get on Starlight’s case for her backstory, start rebuking her before she surrendered, not to mention OOC, only serving the role of a mouthpiece for many in the audience, character integrity be damned.
MegaAnimationFan
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -

@Twi Clown  
He was talking about her earlier. And I brought her up to illustrate that what Starlight did isn’t the most evil that any of the villains did. It may seem like that if one is not paying attention to the show they claim to be a an of, but it’s clear that ain’t the case. Not really
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@Twi Clown  
it mostly rubs me the wrong way that she was able to do all the stuff she did in the cutie map, locking people up, abusing them, and threatening them to name a few, and this has never been addressed. they addressed why she did it, and they addressed that she felt kind of bad after the fact, but someone who could just… make people suffer like that and feel absolutely nothing wrong at the time can not be right in the head and that’s never come up in the show.

@MegaAnimationFan  
honestly, i feel her and cozy are the same. to the point i’d bet money that cozy glow’s pitch was “starlight glimmer, but no sob story”.
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@DanielTepesKraus  
Zecora is positioned as the word of wisdom in the episode, so how she describes time travel is probably how the writers intended it.

In her explanation she demonstrates by placing her hoof into a stream of water, causing the flow to be diverted. This being analogous to an event in the past dictating the flow of time. So one would think that by altering that event in the past (by removing your hoof), the stream would once again redirect and the changed timestream would stop existing. It doesn’t seem to be like a splintered timeline that persists
That Little Faggot with the Earring and the Makeup
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Entry Of The Chameleons
@gingerninja666
It’s her integration in the story. That’s the issue with Starlight. Ever since her reformation at the tail end of Remark, she has been poorly integrated with the world at large.
so? Sunset’s dubious heel-face turn sucks: it’s nothing more than her being brainwashed in the name of friendship via magical rainbow laser.

[bq] Part of the issue about the time lines is that it’s not something the characters we’re used to solving the day. Starlight is the one to “Save the day” so to speak in that story. Starlight causes the problem and is the one to fix it, not Twilight or Spike. [bq] Sunset too fixes problems that she herself causes, and they all stem from the magic she introduced to the humans.
It’s like the entire episode Starlight is repeatedly winning against Twilight and Twilight can’t fight back but then goes “Let me help you” which Starlight instantly stops and starts hugging Twilight.
Sunset is reduced to a blubbering coward following her defeat.
The story structure isn’t well established.
neither was that of EqG 1 (or 2).
Twilight doesn’t really have that in Remark, it’s basically meant to be Starlight’s story but it’s not actually established or written as such, it spends most of it’s time on Twilight so we the audience think she is the focal character, so when the actual weight of where the episode is suppose to be, it’s spent nearly most of it’s running time portraying her as a ruthless villain while the supposed hero Twilight is trying to stop her before 180ing into saying Starlight is just misunderstood and needs compassion. It’s not well set up in the story.
Sunset was also once a ruthless villainess who just happened to be a misunderstood cinnamon roll.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
idk, I still feel like Sunset has weaknesses that are more…human? to this day. at least to my eyes

i mean maybe i’m biased, i speent 300+ bucks on a large sunset plushie
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@gingerninja666  
a different way to put it: if i punched you really hard in the arm right now, would it not hurt and leave a bruise? now, if you ceased to exist tomorrow, in any sense of the term, would that change that you felt that pain today?
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@EotD

I agree. I mean, I wasn’t expecting much from the ending and still made me felt like “what?”. I’ll give the writters credit for making her a bit more likeable later on (hiccups aside, I got mixed feelings post reformation). At the very least they could gave her like a bit more, like people constantly ignoring her during all her life despite making efforts, or living in total poverty for most of her life, something. Her sob story made Starlight looks incredibly childish and immature.
MegaAnimationFan
Artist -

@DanielTepesKraus  
You mean “Starlight Glimmer, but no proper motivation other than power”? Because that’s what it’s all boils down to. She clearly wants power, but WHY? That’s never explained and probably never will be explained because how she’s presented is clearly someone who’s evil and like’s causing pain and she’s proud of it. Starlight wanted to change the world for the better because she believed that cutie marks caused pain which it did for her.

So no. Cozy, despite being a child, is a HELL of a lot worse and you know it. Evidence to this is literally right in front of your face through dialogue and the like, but you disregard to to feed into your blind hatred. Admit it
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@LightningBolt

Constant temper, often too outspocken with her views, low physical stamina (makes me wonder why in TV tropes why she’s often described as athletic when she really is not that much), impatience, tendency to work alone when things get too stressing.

She’s like a soccer referee.
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@DanielTepesKraus

I mean, now we’re just getting into metaphysics. If I stopped existing but not only would I be unaware that I was about to cease to exist, also there would now exist a person who was exactly the same as me but who never had to be punched in the arm in the first place, I think I’d be cool with that.

The Powerpuff Girls changed the future by inadvertantly abandoning Townsville for 60 years. Leaving the denizens tortured, dead, and traumatized for DECADES. But then undoing that timeline is seen as a good thing. It’s good that that alternate future ceased to exist in the end.
Hakirayleigh
Wahaha! - Derpi Supporter
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@Twi Clown  
The only issue that I have is Starlight plan was only annoying Twilight for an eternal eternity. I mean somepony who is able to change a time spell in that way, she could create a better plan to stop Twilight. Despite that her redemption was shown in a lot of activities with the mane6 whose duration could be weeks summarized in the five minutes and Starlight motives to begin the anti cutie mark cult was valid because after her best friend left her, her father didn’t help her improving her attitude to failure. Even I believe Starlight was more a pamperous filly than an inmature one.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
honestly my issues with starlight are less her character archetype, i mean i made a character rather similar to her :P  
it’s how the world has treated her  
if she had like a super edgy tragic backstory and it took a long time for the mane six to accept her and she had like bad flashbacks to her past and like PTSD or something then I’d be all fucking on her (and if she had a better design)

but as it is, her whiny childish backstory and how little she suffered after making friends just kinda makes her pretty bland to me at best. oh well
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
After Starlight, There was always gonna be a sense of hypocrisy if any villain after her was held to any serious account for their crimes.

At this point they may as well redeem everyone no matter their circumstances or crimes.

I hope G5 is a little more restrained with how it handles redemptions.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
Why does everyone assume due process doesn’t exist? Where the hell else was Cozy Glow going to be held other than supermax, and I’ve argued before that simply collecting evidence for her trial would take ages due to the sheer number of witnesses (everyone). The claim that she never got habeus corpus is impossible to prove, so I see no reason to believe that it didn’t happen.
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@Hakirayleigh

Starlight is like a kid that never growns up. Let’s give her credit because she’s learning to grown up, abeit slowly.

@LightningBolt

I detested her because she was a pseudo communist, nowadays I feel her tolerable.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide