Unpopular opinion time

MegaAnimationFan
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -

@Hakirayleigh  
Again, why is this directed at me? I’m not the one dwelling on shit that had happened in a fictional show almost half a decade ago. I’d like that pic tho

@DanielTepesKraus  
I’m saying you wouldn’t call anyone out if they said “don’t post starlight praise her she gets too much of it”. Sorry -that I don’t believe you, I just don’t. But if you want me to voice unpopular opinions, then so be it.  
-Trixie is a pretty irritating character  
-Discord is worse and I barely tolerate him  
-Sunset is easily the most overrated character in the franchise. Yes even more so than Luna  
-Road to Friendship is a shit episode and so is the season 8 finale  
-Startrix is the worst popular ship in the fandom and literally any other Starlight ship is better

Shall I go on or did I make anyone uncomfortable with these?
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
I do feel that no one in the history of fiction has been judged by a fanbase for alternate timelines more than Starlight has been. It’s interesting. Changing the past and creating bad futures is a common trope in fiction, as is fixing it in the end. But I never see characters so vehemently held to task for it. Because the timelines end up undone in the end.
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@gingerninja666  
probably her fucking up time on purpose, just to spite a single character, played a big part in it. even just fucking with time period to screw someone, and not even counting all the timey wimey baggage, is pretty unforgivably evil.
gingerninja666

Kaze ni Nare
@DanielTepesKraus

But your go to analogy just feels a bit ridiculous to me.

“It’s like torturing someone then killing them” Everyone from those timelines are still alive. It was undone completely. It’s not torture happening and then someone being killed. The torture never happened. The person who was tortured is alive and well and untraumatized and going about their life completely content.
MegaAnimationFan
Artist -

@DanielTepesKraus  
She wasn’t doing it on purpose. Stop making stuff up. You’re not proving your point by doing that

@That Little Faggot with the Earring and the Makeup  
Now I wouldn’t go that far. At least she’s not unlikable. But that’s only because the writers didn’t give her any flaws and that is a problem writing wise. They run the risk of having her be a (and I HATE to use this term since it lost all meaning) Mary Sue
EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
@gingerninja666  
It’s her integration in the story. That’s the issue with Starlight. Ever since her reformation at the tail end of Remark, she has been poorly integrated with the world at large. Part of the issue about the time lines is that it’s not something the characters we’re used to solving the day. Starlight is the one to “Save the day” so to speak in that story. Starlight causes the problem and is the one to fix it, not Twilight or Spike. It’s like the entire episode Starlight is repeatedly winning against Twilight and Twilight can’t fight back but then goes “Let me help you” which Starlight instantly stops and starts hugging Twilight. The story structure isn’t well established. There’s a reason in Return of the Jedi Luke beats down Vader but then gives up on his own accord, it gives his character a sense of agency within the story. Twilight doesn’t really have that in Remark, it’s basically meant to be Starlight’s story but it’s not actually established or written as such, it spends most of it’s time on Twilight so we the audience think she is the focal character, so when the actual weight of where the episode is suppose to be, it’s spent nearly most of it’s running time portraying her as a ruthless villain while the supposed hero Twilight is trying to stop her before 180ing into saying Starlight is just misunderstood and needs compassion. It’s not well set up in the story.
Hakirayleigh
Wahaha! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@DanielTepesKraus  
Starlight wasn’t guilty that friendship value in Equestria is so powerful, In fact I believe according to that theory, Starlight could have found a new dimension where there are new six new elements of harmony instead of the mane6.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
The only thing that bugged me from the entire time travel scenes was how Twilight, Spike and Starlight were totally unaffected by the time changes. Yeah, maybe Starlight was inmune to the messed up time and space shit idk, but what about Spike and Twilight? It felt more like a travel between different dimensions than traveling throught time.
MegaAnimationFan
Artist -

@gingerninja666  
That’s not what he’s saying. He’s saying that she caused the bad futures on purpose. That’s what he’s basically been saying or implying this whole time

@E-123  
Now THAT I agree with. I noticed that too and was confused as to exactly how that works. It’s never explained in the episode and no one bothered to ask Big Jim (probably because they were too busy bitching about Starlight) so we never got any answer, even from an outside source. Figures that no one in the fandom asks any of the important questions
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
That’s why I never write about time travel, I overthink shit and don’t wanna spend a year thinking about five minutes of time travel ethics.
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@gingerninja666  
it’s because who they were in that timeline ceased to be. to me, that equates to someone who was tortured and then ceased to exist. we don’t actually know the nature of how time travel works in that series, and it’s fucky at the best of times, so god only knows.

@MegaAnimationFan  
either way, it’s largely irrelevant to me since just changing time period to ruin someone’s life is so horrible in its sheer disregard for the well-being of everything else, that it’s irredeemably evil before we even get into the shit it actually caused in the first place.
gingerninja666

Kaze ni Nare
@E-123

Or everything that happened was the map’s design. It also survived into every timeline despite the tree never existing.

@EotD

I still don’t agree with that. Like, I comprehend what you’re saying. It just never felt like that to me. For one, I never thought Starlight instantly stopped. Twilight had to break her down in a step by step process. It was still rushed. But it wasn’t “let me help” and then boom instant hugs.
Twi Clown
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@DanielTepesKraus

I’m more concerned about the fact that her reasons to begin an equality cult was because she lost one single friend in the infance. That stills rubs me in the wrong place. And indeed her reasons to do what she did with the time travel was for revenge because Twilight stopped her from doing something messed up.
MegaAnimationFan
Artist -

@DanielTepesKraus  
How is that more evil that what Cozy did? At least the time travel shit is reversible, If Cozy one, everyone would’ve died because magic raises and sets the sun and moon, changes the weather to the planet’s needs, etc. She would’ve legit caused the ashland timeline only this time, there’s no fixing it. Again, what you’re saying makes zero sense
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide