Unpopular opinion time

Hali the Emoji girl
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Goth Cinnamon Roll
@AC97  
To you but imagine someone who watches the show for the first time thinking it’s a kid friendly show about cute ponies talking about the magic of friendship and then they get to the episode where a villain gets their head chopped off and the look on their face!
MegaAnimationFan
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -

@DanielTepesKraus  
Ok now you’re giving me mixed messages. You said to Anoncat that, and I quote “the slap on the wrist “oh you keep fucking up but it’s okay because you mean well” angle would work a lot better for a sympathetic jerk than it would a violent psychopath with more blood on her hooves than every villain in the entire series ever combined”. Which is a lie btw. First off, “violent psychopath” is an exaggeration. Might be a little of an an exaggeration, but an exaggeration nonetheless  
Secondly, that may have happened in alternate timelines, but that’s what they are. Alternate timelines. No one really died once Starlight let what was suppose to happen happen. If that’s the case than why is Cozy glow being sent to Tatarus such a big deal? At least Starlight has the excuse of not knowing that would happen and understandably not believing who she deemed as her enemy. Cozy knew exactly what she was doing. You are literally contradicting yourself. Furthermore you claim that good characters doing evil to fight evil is bad and yet you seem to have no problem if they do that to Starlight. Again, mixed messages

Also Trixie’s not a sympathetic jerk that’s well meaning. She’s easily the most self interested character in the show. Right next to Discord.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
@PonyPon  
The town would be Trixie’s retarded attempt to create genuine harmony to prove she can do the same as Twilight and so, everyone could see how much she had learned and improved.  
The time traveling screwup would be Trixie’s doubly retarded attempt to make the Sonic Rainboom event more special and so, help out to make Twilight’s life even better, but since trixie would be playing with forces she cannot fully understand, all what she would accomplish would be fucking things up worse and worse than before, all while Twilight tried to stop her and a stubborn Trixie keeps trying over and over because she really thinks she’s helping out, until Twilight shows her the bad future, Trixie gives up and Twilight decides to show her a better way to help others, all while keeping her in check in case she tries to “help” again.
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@PonyPon  
@Hakirayleigh  
am i the only one who thinks that is a horrible angle for this show to take? “making people fear you is the secret to success?” it wouldn’t be so bad if the show at least acknowledged it was wrong, but “become so powerful people have to befriend and respect you” being played completely straight is an utterly morally bankrupt concept.

@MegaAnimationFan  
would have felt pretty real to all those people suffering and dying when it was happening. it’s like torturing someone, and then killing them, and then saying “well they’re dead now so the torture didn’t count”.

and starlight’s the character who kidnapped and tortured people into being her friend. doesn’t get much more self-serving than that.
MegaAnimationFan
Artist -

@AC97  
Exactly! I dunno why people have such an issue with that. It makes sense especially with Trixie, again, being the most self interested character in the show. And Starlight was very impressionable and starting fresh. And as it turns out Twilight was right. Trixie was low-key using Starlight to best Twilight. Sure she did actually like her but there was a clear ulterior motive
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@PonyPon  
Just imagine a Trixie decided to emulate Twilight’s deeds to prove she has learned so much and so has become so grrreat and powerful at this friendship thing.  
Basically she would do her best to do the right thing, but always for the wrong reasons, with (mostly) comical results, all while Twilight tries to point her on the right direction to minimize the collareral damage of Trixie’s genuine attempts to help out.
Hakirayleigh
Wahaha! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@DanielTepesKraus  
The real success is accept Twilight and her pals help. Forgiving serious villains is only a step that staff wanted to do to push the idea “Friendship is the only weapon we need”. Not the best idea, but thats show’s core.
MegaAnimationFan
Artist -

@DanielTepesKraus  
Two things. One:  
would have felt pretty real to all those people suffering and dying when it was happening. it’s like torturing someone, and then killing them, and then saying “well they’re dead now so the torture didn’t count”.

What the hell kind of analogy is that? That doesn’t make sense

And two: Starlight didn’t kidnap ponies, ponies were lost about their cutie marks and they stumbled upon her and she convinced them that life is better without a cutie mark. And it wasn’t because of some sort of power thing, she legit thought that and was trying to change the world for what she thought was for the greater good. Yeah REAL self interested. The most I’ve ever seen! _ I mean yeah her methods were extreme but not that extreme. You’re acting like she pulled a Hitler.

Look I get that you have this unquenchable hate boner for Starlight like the rest of the fandom seems to have, but jesus dude, you’re living in the past dude. You’re acting like the Starlight now is the Starlight we saw in the beginning, why don’t you move on? Because dwelling on it and acting like something is seriously wrong is annoying to say the least
Anonycat
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@Hakirayleigh  
Tell her she tried to kill her daugther, and Velvet would just laugh because that’s an incident that’s already in the past.  
And then she would make a casual comment about how if Starlight ever thinks about harming Twilight a second time, she would just end her.
DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@Hakirayleigh  
i do get that, but it creates a bad message since they only seem to “forgive” either the ones they’re scared of, or the ones they can use for their own devices. anyone else gets treated badly by them. it’s like the “judge people by how they treat the waiter” philosophy: it reflects poorly on them to see them mistreating people they don’t need to treat well for their own needs.

@MegaAnimationFan  
and i get that you’re a starlight fan. here’s the thing: you’re in a discussion thread about opinions right now. you are absolutely in the wrong place if you can’t handle that people here are posting opinions you don’t like about a character you like. if you want pro-starlight only discussion, there’s literally a thread dedicated to that. i won’t tell you or anyone else to not post their pro-starlight opinions here, so please don’t come in here with that “don’t post anti-starlight” bullshit.
Hakirayleigh
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Economist -
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@Anonycat  
If she couldnt avoid a transformation spell by her daughter in her filly days, I would doubt about stop Starlight with spells…Maybe with manipulation as Cozy cause Starlight is a bit clumsy these days.
Hakirayleigh
Economist -
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@DanielTepesKraus  
The problem is their defense forces are a joke…If for example Woderbolts was really competent for example to defeat Tempest, they really could ask for a severe punishment to criminals. Or if Ponyville would have disagreed with Trixie free punishment after amulet disaster. But the staff wanted the easy path and the mane6 (specially Twilight) are the only valid authorities about friendship epistemology. Public opinion to the princesses and the mane6 is only a mere pebble.
MegaAnimationFan
Artist -

@DanielTepesKraus  
Oh so it’s alright for you guys to talk shit about Starlight but anyone else who dares talk the same shit to literally any other character is totally unacceptable. Besides, the fandom had shitted on Starlight ever since season 5 ended. I think there’s enough negativity about her to last a lifetime or two. Is it really too much to ask for people to move on so people who just wanna talk about what they lake can have a little piece?

And I think it’s kinda dickish to tell me to piss off to a fan thread just because I ain’t having any to asinine things you’re saying. It’s not that I can’t handle other opinions about her, it’s that the hater’s opinions make little to no sense. Because you insist on being “right” I could easily direct you attention to where the haters lurk, but I’m not. Because it’s like you said, this is a discussion thread. so don’t give ME any of that shit, buddy.
That Little Faggot with the Earring and the Makeup
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Entry Of The Chameleons
@DanielTepesKraus  
@Anonycat  
nah, Trixie is too much of a braggart to take Glim Glam’s role.

@DanielTepesKraus  
@AC97
to me the real issue was the hypocrisy and the double standard. twilight trusts a maniac like starlight without question, and urges her friends to do the same, but she won’t trust someone like trixie?
that isn’t the first time Twi trusts entirely in a homicidal maniac; she’s done the same shit with Sunset, only Sunset was brainwashed into serving the good guys beforehand.
DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME

will return
@Hakirayleigh  
be that as it may, i feel like if the “rules” of a fictional world aren’t suitable to teach a moral, either you change the fictional world so it is or you forego the moral altogether. like one bad apple: they wanted to teach a “tell an adult if you’re bullied” moral, but adults never do jack shit about bullying in-universe. had they changed that so either applejack did do something about the bullying, or taught a different moral about bullying, it would have been fine. instead, it came off as insulting as hell.

@MegaAnimationFan  
it’s absolutely alright for people to talk shit about starlight here. the same way it’s absolutely alright for people to talk shit about any character here. or praise any character here. as is the nature of this thread. you want to discuss why you feel these “hater’s” opinions are wrong you are more than welcome to, but i will absolutely “give you that shit” with two scoops of raisins if you come in here and tell people they can’t post opinions you don’t like. the same way i’d give anyone else that shit if they said to you “don’t post starlight praise her she gets too much of it”.
MegaAnimationFan
Artist -

@Hakirayleigh  
As irritating as the blind hatred is (and trust me, it’s beyond irritating), what’s getting under my skin is his assumption that I can’t take other’s opinions just because I’m constantly coming up with counter arguments. I mean it’s not my fault that nothing he’s saying makes any sense. And to make matters worse he basically told me to go somewhere else. And the fact that you think I’m about to “begin a tantrum” over his stupid hatred of her is low key assuming the same thing

@DanielTepesKraus  
No you wouldn’t you lair
That Little Faggot with the Earring and the Makeup
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Entry Of The Chameleons
@Hakirayleigh
be that as it may, i feel like if the “rules” of a fictional world aren’t suitable to teach a moral, either you change the fictional world so it is or you forego the moral altogether. like one bad apple: they wanted to teach a “tell an adult if you’re bullied” moral, but adults never do jack shit about bullying in-universe. had they changed that so either applejack did do something about the bullying, or taught a different moral about bullying, it would have been fine. instead, it came off as insulting as hell.
I feel like some episodes should be erased from the Friendship Is Magic continuity altogether, starting with “One Bad Apple” and “Boast Busters”.

@MegaAnimationFan
it’s absolutely alright for people to talk shit about starlight here. the same way it’s absolutely alright for people to talk shit about any character here. or praise any character here. as is the nature of this thread. you want to discuss why you feel these “hater’s” opinions are wrong you are more than welcome to, but i will absolutely “give you that shit” with two scoops of raisins if you come in here and tell people they can’t post opinions you don’t like. the same way i’d give anyone else that shit if they said to you “don’t post starlight praise her she gets too much of it”.
same goes for the Sunset fans. I can talk trash about her if I want - I don’t have to like her. if they can’t stomach it and get upset about it and tell me to shut up, they should as well keep mum about characters they hate, too. :/
Hakirayleigh
Economist -
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@MegaAnimationFan  
If you want I could send you a cute Starlight image for fence-mending if you want. But really is hard take seriosly change the side about how you stand a fictional character, specially when the show is so close to finish.
DanielTepesKraus
GREEN - TALK TO ME

will return
@MegaAnimationFan  
i feel, under the circumstances, i’ve been incredibly nice. i’ve encouraged a fair sharing of ideals from all present, i’ve invited an open dialogue from you, i’ve taken no steps whatsoever to censor or delete your posts, and i’ve even assured you that i, in spite of disagreeing with your opinion, will never the less defend it against others who would attempt to censor it. after all that you give me lip and call me a liar.

if you’d rather do this the hard way i’m game, but how about instead i tell you, in no uncertain terms, to drop the drama and either get to discussing unpopular opinions or get to another thread?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide