Unpopular opinion time

Hakirayleigh
Wahaha! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@Badumsquish  
In that case, all mlp villains (not antagonists) would be dead with a lot of holes in their bodies. Starlight only take the best chance to perform her plan and despite that, she considered that her “punishment” was necessary, but with a help to find true friendship in the future.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
MLP has this weird issue where someone being grumpy or arrogant is a bigger crime than actual crime

It reminds me of old Cartoons , especially the looney Tunes or Tom and Jerry where we basically are supposed to cheer on Assholes
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@Latecomer  
That is true. Just, if I was writing a character I knew I wanted to have return later, I’d be a lot more reluctant to get a guest celebrity speaker for them out of fear that when the time came for them to return the celebrity would be too busy or unwilling to do it :P

Either way, it’s pretty telling that even the writers ended up agreeing Boast Busters was too harsh on her. She got an entire revenge episode where she got off completely scot-free in the end, and NOBODY batted an eye at the especially horrid stuff she did to Beavis and Butthead. In fact, I bet the only reason they had her so specifically target Twilight was to actually make her actions seem wrong in the eyes of the audience, who otherwise would have probably seen it as karma XD

@Hakirayleigh  
Nah. Even with a sympathetic backstory and justifications, she was still worse than every other major antagonist combined :P
Latecomer

@Broken Adam  
Well the point of he show is to tech kids to get along well with each other, right? Not to teach them not to do crime.

@Badumsquish  
I don’t think he was intended to be recurring until De Lancie expressed an interest - just a one-shot villan. (Heck, wasn’t Return of Harmony a potential finale for the show if it wasn’t picked up?)

And I have slightly different views on Magic Duel - she was evil under the influence to please both those who saw her as a villain and those who didn’t, and her taking on Twilight was sort of the point (see title) while her abusing Snips and Snails was just because it would look weird if she went after somepony not really responsible for her problems and ignored them.
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@That Little Faggot with the Earring and the Makeup  
I truly don’t think it was. They never addressed the underlying problems with her at all. They just put her in a scenario where she can continue to do the exact same stuff that made her a villain in the first place, except now she has people to cow her back into line and clean up after her and stop her from going too far. She didn’t really change so much as just get Cartman’s V Chip put in her :P

@Latecomer  
That episode also showed that people from Ponyville were following her around to bully her, though. Her wanting to take a few shots back at all of Ponyville, and especially Snips and Snails, was fairly justified to be honest :P  
Latecomer

@LightningBolt  
Then why was it made along with the first season and form an obvious counterpart to the pilot like Best Night Ever does to Ticket Master?

@Badumsquish  
At that stage in the show, re-use of background ponies was proof of nothing - I’m not sure if it is even now. So I’d say those are more likely just locals in other towns - nopony in Ponyville cared about her. (Now, how she can walk around the place after Magic Duel, I have yet to understand - if anything could earn you a lifetime ban, it’s surely conquering the town with evil magic?)
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Badumsquish

I don’t quite consider Trixie to be a reliable narrator (regarding back then) though.

She was narcissistic enough to receive a bruised ego from someone who’d done nothing to her, who’s to say she wasn’t blowing what happened to her out of proportion, on some level?

To throw in a comparison to the Powerpuff Girls, it’s a bit like how Mojo Jojo weaved that sob story that even he believed about how he was Professor Utonium’s helpful lab assistant before the girls were created (and before he gained intelligence), when he wasn’t helpful at all: his ego distorted his perception of events.

Now granted, I’m not saying I believe she didn’t go through hardships as a result of what happened, but I think she could’ve potentially distorted the truth, even if she believes it.
That Little Faggot with the Earring and the Makeup
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Entry Of The Chameleons
She didn’t really change so much as just get Cartman’s V Chip put in her :P
that’s Sunset’s reformation: Twilight and the HuMane Five used the EoH to brainwash her in the name of friendship.

but you’ve pretty much invalidated all your arguments against Starlight the moment you complained about Cozy Glow being punished a while back, anyway.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@GenericArchangel  
Did Tirek either? If there was an attempt, doubtful that there would really be a fair trial since everypony has a bias against him for stealing their magic.
Latecomer

@GenericArchangel  
Due process seems like a rather rare thing in Equestria in general - it’s just that this usually either leans to the side of mercy or can be blamed on supernatural forces. Cozy was an attempted subversion of this pattern, and much like Trixie’s debut, there is some division as to how well it worked.
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
(sighs) i always miss a good starlight debate. i guess all i can really add is i pretty much 100% agree with badum.

@Latecomer  
@AC97  
both of these, possibly. but they feel kind of like stretches. not to mention the possibility of this also completely invalidates what little of a motive starlight had since it’s every bit as possible that she lied about the impact what’s-his-face had on her to turn her into a psychotic empathy-less electrified torture dispensing slightly-more-evil-cozy-glow.

@GenericArchangel  
he’s not wrong. the “due process” in equestria basically amounts to “what which random princess involved felt like doing at the time” with absolutely no limitations on treatment, respect for justice, right to fair trial, or consideration of victims, and absolutely no restrictions in place whatsoever to prevent biased treatment or political corruption. fire lord ozai and emperor palpatine would be so proud.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide