Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #E6F4
Well at the very least, the possibility might lead her to be more cautious in reproducing. (On the other hoof, it also removes certain possible issues of outliving her children…)
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
This thread is eerily quiet. So: Rarity’s whole character arc is bullshit. She just kinda gave up on climbing the social ladder, and while that was a positive development it was negated by her seemingly giving up on the whole “be a famous fashion designer” thing. She never expanded after her third store, and by that time her boutiques were so far separated from her base of operations that they might as well be separate companies. Instead of us seeing her achieve her dream of joining the elite nouveau riche, she just… gave up.
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@Twi Clown  
@Anonycat  
@Poison Trail  
in terms of innate ability (so not counting boosted power) she’s probably on the same level as celestia, as they both use the same tactics: relying on artificial boosts to their power (stealing love or elements of harmony) or hiding behind henchmen while only directly doing their own fighting when put on the spot.

that said, if we assume the “natural” form of changelings are being complete pussies, it’s probably how she became their leader in the first place, by basically promising them great things and power if she was in charge. anyone familiar with how hitler became leader of germany will understand what i’m getting at.

@GenericArchangel  
if we’re being realistic, being pressed into teaching full-time at twilight’s school of academic inadequacy without warning or consent probably put a pretty big damper on her own dreams.
Poison Trail
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DanielTepesKraus

But… that would imply that the reason she doesn’t want to turn into a pukeling is because she knows she won’t be able to fearmonger a bunch of love-thirsting husks any longer >o>.

Death > rainbow-colored snot, DO IT CHRISSY!
GenericArchangel
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
Upon further reflection, I suppose Rarity has made it into the social elite by definition, now that she’ll be one of the oligarchs. Kind of a shitty ending for her- instead of earning her way into her dream, her spoiled friend just drags her into it. It doesn’t feel right.
Hakirayleigh
Wahaha! - Derpi Supporter
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@GenericArchangel  
I only was expectating about Twilight being the new leader…But if Rarity is a new vice-leader…I believe the culture or urban development department are the best options for her. :)
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@GenericArchangel  
it’s been that way with a lot of characters. rarity became a social elite because she’s friends with twilight sparkle, starlight reformed because no matter how terribly she did twilight just “passed” her anyways, rainbow dash became a “leader” in the wonderbolts because twilight derped in at the wrong time and created a scenario where dash’s competitor would be eliminated, and even twilight herself only got to open her school because she, as a princess, has the ability to say “i don’t have to meet minimum safety, competency, and OSHA standards”. i’m not saying it’s some big nepotistic conspiracy, but i’m pointing out none of those characters actually achieved these goals via hard work, self-sacrifice, and expertise.
Hakirayleigh
Economist -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@DanielTepesKraus  
In the Rarity case, it was more first impressions and Celestia status than Twilight one. Rainbow Dash was only cause her most important rival was expelled.
That Little Faggot with the Earring and the Makeup
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Entry Of The Chameleons
@GenericArchangel
it’s been that way with a lot of characters. rarity became a social elite because she’s friends with twilight sparkle, starlight reformed because no matter how terribly she did twilight just “passed” her anyways, rainbow dash became a “leader” in the wonderbolts because twilight derped in at the wrong time and created a scenario where dash’s competitor would be eliminated, and even twilight herself only got to open her school because she, as a princess, has the ability to say “i don’t have to meet minimum safety, competency, and OSHA standards”. i’m not saying it’s some big nepotistic conspiracy, but i’m pointing out none of those characters actually achieved these goals via hard work, self-sacrifice, and expertise.
ditto for Sunset Shimmer. her whole character arc falls under the same roof as that of Twi/Rares/Dashie/Glimmy/etc. – in spite of that, however, many fans endear to her for that (amongst other things).

@GenericArchangel  
it’s sad that she’d trade all that out for a mediocre job as a teacher at some crummy friendship school. :/
GenericArchangel
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Free the Tantabus
@DanielTepesKraus  
To be fair, Lightning Dust was dangerously reckless, and last time I checked Spitfire is still the CO of the Wonderbolts. And the sad thing is that Rarity made it so far on her own- she is widely recognized by those into fashion, and owns a series of successful businesses. Hell, she was even making inroads into the social elite she wanted to be. But then her character arc just died in S6, and that was that. We could’ve had episodes about her having to take the high road against shady competitors, or toughing it out through business troubles when she misreads what will be in fashion- which is very possible, given that she has all her designs for at least the next decade- or even an episode that actually explores her relationship with Coco- the two work very well together, and it’s a shame they never really got an episode that truly focused on them.

@That Little Faggot with the Earring and the Makeup  
Twilight’s exploiting her generosity to crush her dreams, just like she once used Rainbow Dash’s loyalty to crush hers.
Hakirayleigh
Economist -
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@DanielTepesKraus
And the sad thing is that Rarity made it so far on her own- she is widely recognized by those into fashion, and owns a series of successful businesses. Hell, she was even making inroads into the social elite she wanted to be. But then her character arc just died in S6, and that was that. We could’ve had episodes about her having to take the high road against shady competitors…

Yeah!! I really wanted an Rarity vs Suri 2.0 episode…Its a shame.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide