Unpopular opinion time

rdibp
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Kerfuffle lover
@Latecomer  
I did like it as a commentary on rabid fandomism, but the episode made it seem like that’s what ALL the fans are like except for those two little fillies at the end.

Really sends a weird message.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Hakirayleigh  
I don’t know how bad this will make me sound, but one of the reasons why I enjoyed the episode is because the criticisms they mentioned didn’t apply to me, as extreme as some of them were.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
Prince Blueblood should have taken Fancy’s role in the latest episode, Fancy’s character wouldn’t have been ruined and Blue’s character would have become better and deeper
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@ILoveMyoozik  
To understand why I hate that episode, imagine if an episode just had Starlight Glimmer decide to be evil again and decide that she actually hated Trixie, and then proceeded to just mistreat Trixie horribly and intentionally for 22 minutes straight. There was no real reason behind it, no build-up to it, no payoff to it, and no resolution. Starlight never learns a lesson, Trixie doesn’t get a happy ending, this is never resolved, all the characters are just like “Oh ha ha well it’ll be fixed by next episode”, and by the next episode it was just sort of forgotten and everyone acted like it was okay. Flipping off the fans is fine, but don’t ruin the characters and narrative to do it D:
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Badumsquish  
I understood it the first time and why others hate it, but I don’t know, I just don’t feel the same way and instead I just got entertained and amused by it. It wasn’t a great episode, but we’ve had worse. More than anything, saying that you liked the episode is more unpopular than saying that you didn’t like it.
Badumsquish

@ILoveMyoozik  
@Badumsquish  
@ILoveMyoozik  
Also, you know the most frustrating and maddening thing about that episode? It was made to spite overly nitpicky and critical douchebag fans, but at the same time it was written pretty badly and had tons of stuff to complain about. All it managed to do to those fans was make their nitpicking feel validated and give them something to have fun with. It was like trying to teach a pig a lesson by throwing them in a pit of mud! Feels BAD, man D:
Hakirayleigh
Wahaha! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@Badumsquish  
My only issue was obviously Rarity being treated as a shit by the Citizens, but her faces and her panics are really funny and divine. Maybe the episode ending was really rushed cause the writers know the fans have always something to complain and any writer has a solution for that.
Badumsquish

@Hakirayleigh  
According to M.A. Larson they were basically forced by the higher-ups to make write it that way and even he hated having to suddenly turn a bunch of characters they all liked into total jerks who got away with it in the end. He basically said it was way too mean-spirited of a story :/
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Badumsquish  
I still liked it.

Being serious, it could’ve been written way way better I’ll admit and make it sound less passive aggressive, but the fact that the overly critical fans had to go and do just that made me think that they proved the episode’s point. Like I don’t want to sound like a dick, but I felt like they needed to be called out and taken down a peg.
Hakirayleigh
Wahaha! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -

ℜ𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔬𝔫𝔶
@Badumsquish  
But total jerk ponies were only new and original ponies. Any loveable character in the fandom had an extreme OOC behavior. But I knew that Larson erased his name from the original credits. Even I think there are worse episode and their original writers even could hide from MLP staff. XD
EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
So since Fame and Misfortune is being brought up, I should mention I don’t like it. I also don’t like Slice of Life. In both cases they are structurally weak episodes that revolve around one joke and meta humor while also making it near impossible to actually discuss the episode, as pretty much all talk devolves into “its intent was this, therefore it’s great! No all it did was make dumb joke, it’s bad!”
Latecomer

@rdibp  
Yeah, that’s the main problem. If they’d just shown a more diverse group, folk probably would have complained a lot less (except maybe about the strange absence of Spike).
Badumsquish

@ILoveMyoozik  
That’s the thing, is it didn’t take them down a peg. Like, at all. It just gave them some candy. The people it was aimed at LOVE complaining about the show, so giving them a crap-ton of stuff to complain about while actually giving a valid example of bad writing to sit on as “proof the show’s gone downhill” or whatever didn’t take them down at all. Some people thrive on that kind of negativity, so giving it to them was doing a favor, not taking them down a peg D:

@Hakirayleigh  
I wish they’d created new characters, like when they created the yaks, and Quibble Pants, and such though :/
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@rdibp

Except it… didn’t. It showed the extreme examples of positive fans as well (AJ and Rainbow Dash’s fans).

@Badumsquish

Honestly I still kind of have doubts about that considering that he loves making jokes about Twilight becoming an alicorn even though Magical Mystery Cure barely resembles his original draft. It was weirdly uncharacteristic of him to talk about Fame & Misfortune like that.

Really, my issue was people claiming that Larson didn’t even write the final version of the episode even though he made it clear that he did.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide