Viewing last 25 versions of post by Spinny in topic Unpopular opinion time

Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
[@Cosmas-the-Explorer](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5209108#post_5209108)

On the subject of Fluttershy and "fanboys", I will say that Fluttershy's popularity within the fandom has been a source of annoyance for me for years. It's never been lost on me how she gets a pass on things that people called Applejack boring for (e.g. the fact that she has no life goals). And it's certainly never been lost on me that she gets more and better artwork than AJ ever has or will, to the point where she is seemingly a favorite of damn near *every* artist in this fandom, especially the major ones like Raccoonsan, TheBrokenCog, Uotapo, Symbianl, etc. And yeah, a lot of the time it is because of commissions, but the majority of the time, artists do Fluttershy art because she's a favorite for them.

Additionally, of course, her "betes" tag is by far the highest of the mane six (and, therefore, of every other character) because people seemingly go out of their way to put it on art that's even mildly cute. Or, better yet, they'll take a group shot of the mane six and Flutteshy will be the **ONLY** one who has a betes tag, even if the rest of the mane six are just as cute in the pic, if not cuter. I cannot freaking tell you how many times I've seen that, and it just shows how there is a legitimate concentrated effort out there to put "Shyabetes" on damn near every image Fluttershy gets.

However, I do feel like I have done a reasonably well job of separating all of that from my views of her as a character. I definitely don't hate her or anything. Of course, however, she pissed me the hell off in season 9, especailly with her facilitating the godawful and nonsensical Ahuizotl twist. So yeah, definitely didn't end the series with that high an opinion of her.
No reason given
Edited by Spinny