Viewing last 25 versions of post by Vivace in topic Unpopular opinion time

Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
"[@DragonBoi471":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5139928#post_5139928
"
)  
[
AC97 already gave a response.":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5125880#post_5125880
)  
Mine would be that neither telling contradicts the other. Shadow Play doesn’t have the sirens transported somewhere other than where EQG implied, and while Star Swirl is the only one credited with finding a way to banish the sirens in EQG, it avoids explicitly saying that he alone carried it out. EQG left room available for the events to be expanded on without creating a contradiction, which Shadow Play did. The banishment is the EQG event mentioned in EQG.

The mirror portal wasn’t needed in FiM, so was left out.

Ponies can walk on their hind legs, but they pretty much never do so for extended periods or by default, which humans do.

EQG presented the banishment in storybook illustration style rather than a direct and more objective flashback. Since Twilight could read the book without significant trouble, it was probably not written in Old Ponish, so it wasn’t a primary source, but a retelling of the events, in which specific details were distilled or forgotten. The rest of the Pillars could thus be subsumed by their leader.
No reason given
Edited by Vivace