Viewing last 25 versions of post by Ring Team in topic Unpopular opinion time

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

To be honest, I'm not sure about Scootaloo's parents. I have mixed feelings.

On one thing, I admire their honesty. These are parents, but they prefer going on an adventure rather than educating a little pony, leaving that role to Scootaloo's aunts. If they tried to do both things (explorers and parents), they would fail in both aspects because of stress and too much work, and the relationship between the three characters would have been incredibly worse as a result.

So admiting their limitations and putting their responsibilities on another aspect that's more easier for them is quite nice. And I don't think Scootaloo came out with horrible mental issues or something. In fact, she has been pretty much happy in the 9 seasons, being considered as a loyal partner for Rainbow Dash, meeting Dash's parents, working with the CMC, etc.

However... **why would you introduce Scootaloo's parents and aunts in the last season of the show?** Couldn't you just make some previous episodes where Scootaloo gets some mail from her parents?
No reason given
Edited by Ring Team
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

To be honest, I'm not sure about Scootaloo's parents. I have mixed feelings.

On one thing, I admire their honesty. These are parents, but they prefer going on an adventure rather than educating a little pony, leaving that role to Scootaloo's aunts. If they tried to do both things (explorers and parents), they would fail in both aspects because of stress and too much work, and the relationship between the three characters would have been incredibly worse as a result.

So admiting their limitations and put their responsibilities on another aspect that's more easier for them is quite nice. And I don't think Scootaloo came out with horrible mental issues or something. In fact, she has been pretty much happy in the 9 seasons, being considered as a loyal partner for Rainbow Dash, meeting Dash's parents, working with the CMC, etc.

However... *why would you introduce Scootaloo's parents and aunts in the last season of the show?* Couldn't you just make some previous episodes where Scootaloo gets some mail from her parents?
No reason given
Edited by Ring Team