The 2022 Community Collab has begun! Join in for round six of our massive group collaboration image! Click here for more information

Viewing last 25 versions of post by Ring Team in topic Unpopular opinion time

Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Season 7 has some really good episodes, such as Campfire Tales, Parental Glideance and Marks and Recreation. That said, I think I like the season 8 more than 7 because:

-Many of the episodes from season 7 were too wacky and inconsistent for me.

-Some retcons in the season finale. Characters such as Starswirl didn't need to return.

-There's some self-awareness, but it's very little and very selective, kinda like the modern episodes of The Simpsons.

-Season 7 has more Starlight and Trixie episodes than season 8.

Most of the complaints I've read about season 8 are very similar to the complaints I used to have in seasons 4 and 6 years ago, especially the season 6. I'm assuming it's because many people were eventually sick of the silliness and wanted a more interesting development. By the time I went back to the show, I accepted all its problems. Like, I can't be mad at some filler episodes, Pinkie's flanderization or Starlight's character development, because I'm aware of it and I kinda expect it. xD

But overall, I think seasons 7 and 8 have some good stuff and some problems equally.
No reason given
Edited by Ring Team